The Equalizer 2 (Official Thread)

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Wasn't bad. Definitely moved at a much slower pace than the first one. It felt more like a drama with some action thrown in there than the other way around.
The whole subplot with Denzel mentoring the young dude felt like it was part of a completely different movie. Wasn't bad but I got the impression that it wasn't in the original script and Denzel wanted that thrown in there. The scene where Denzel takes him away from the hood dudes and gives him that speech reminded me of the rooftop speech in Lean on Me lol
Yeah, between giving him a copy of Coates' book and Native Son hiding the button I see what you're talking about. And there's no way those cats from the projects don't come back for revenge or at least for Miles.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, between giving him a copy of Coates' book and Native Son hiding the button I see what you're talking about. And there's no way those cats from the projects don't come back for revenge or at least for Miles.

Do you think it was slightly hypocritical...
That Denzel told the dude to not get revenge for his brother but he didn't think twice about killing everyone involved in his friend's death? I mean I get Denzel didn't want him caught up in that life, but still. Based on Denzel's sense of morality it would've made more sense for him to train the young dude.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
On par with the 1st. Overall it seemed to move slower than the 1st, but had more (better kill) action scenes than the 1st. I liked him being a mentor to the black kid in part 2 way more than him mentoring that fat dude in the 1st. The bad guy was much, much better/interesting in the 1st one tho. Really could have done w/o the old man storyline.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked it. I mean 2 hours of Denzel violently murdering assorted and sundry white men is always gonna be entertaining.
My only gripes:
That whole subplot with the kid in Denzel's building was totally unnecessary and seemed to be there just to have a "stay off the corners!" mjessage and give Denzel's enemies a hostage to use against Denzel.
I also called Oberyn Martell being a traitor the second he showed up on screen. Everything about dude screamed: I AM THE BAD GUY!!!

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Do you think it was slightly hypocritical...
That Denzel told the dude to not get revenge for his brother but he didn't think twice about killing everyone involved in his friend's death? I mean I get Denzel didn't want him caught up in that life, but still. Based on Denzel's sense of morality it would've made more sense for him to train the young dude.
I get what you're trying to say but you're forgetting that they were trying to kill him. Red Viper's crew would've tried to take Denzel out on the spot if the wife and kids weren't there.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
just got back from this, not even worth seeing lol. goes on far too long without him equalizing folks and even when he does, it just seems lackluster. i mean, it's only so many times you can watch someone get their arm snapped before you get numb to the shyt. shyt, the fight with the female was the best one in the film imo. really wish we could've gotten a young denzel on some kind of death squad and get to see that character. oh well, MI next week.