The Entire Clippers team was salty about kwahi sitting out...this is coming out now

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It’s no reason to mention Kobe in this situation. those laker teams were not competing for no damn ring. Those dudes understand Kawhi good but they like he ain’t got hat damn good or that damn hurt. Cappers were competing for a ring not cancun

Nah breh, we talking about 2013, that team was specifically built to win a title that year and were one of the favorites going into the season.

Kobe sat out a lot of practices to rest various injuries or due to "general soreness", and a lot of players suggested that lack of chemistry was the big failing of the team that year. When Dwight brought it up he was told he had gotten mixed messages from the team, being told, "You don't have to have good chemistry, you just have to win basketball games." Anyone who followed the team at all that year saw there was an issue with how the guys played together and there were hurt feelings going on. At the time, there were murmurs that the practice time Kobe was missing in the preseason and afterwards was a factor in that. I mean that was a new team and they hardly even played together in the preseason, that's gonna have an impact.

That ain't a rip on Kobe, like I said earlier it may have simply been impossible not to miss that time. Same like it might be impossible for Kawhi not to miss the time he misses. It is just a reality of how basketball works that that's gonna have an influence on team chemistry.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Nah breh, we talking about 2013, that team was specifically built to win a title that year and were one of the favorites going into the season.

Kobe sat out a lot of practices to rest various injuries or due to "general soreness", and a lot of players suggested that lack of chemistry was the big failing of the team that year. When Dwight brought it up he was told he had gotten mixed messages from the team, being told, "You don't have to have good chemistry, you just have to win basketball games." Anyone who followed the team at all that year saw there was an issue with how the guys played together and there were hurt feelings going on. At the time, there were murmurs that the practice time Kobe was missing in the preseason and afterwards was a factor in that. I mean that was a new team and they hardly even played together in the preseason, that's gonna have an impact.

That ain't a rip on Kobe, like I said earlier it may have simply been impossible not to miss that time. Same like it might be impossible for Kawhi not to miss the time he misses. It is just a reality of how basketball works that that's gonna have an influence on team chemistry.

so basically dwights dumbass had a problem and the rest of the team didn’t and somehow that means Kobe ruined chemistry :mjlol:

the same season where Kobe carried the team until his Achilles popped :mjlol:

same season where Jim Buss creates drama for hiring MDA in the middle of the night to shyt on Phil:mjlol:

same season where even Pau and Nash were lookin at Dwight funny all season:mjlol:

You really are a pathetic fakkit.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
these LWO smileys make me laugh every time I see them breh. That Martin one :mjlol:

The OG really should be a coli regular
lGv7U9c.png

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
so basically dwights dumbass had a problem and the rest of the team didn’t and somehow that means Kobe ruined chemistry :mjlol:
If you think that Dwight was the only player who didn't have chemistry that year, then you didn't watch the Lakers that season. There were articles about their lack of chemistry from LA beat writers if you don't believe me. But I suggest you just drop the subject cause you're clearly in your feelings.

This is fakkit is in my reps talking about I got 50 daps it must be true

mind you he still maintains he has me on ignore but can rep a post I made :mjlol:
Your cowardly ass decided to neg me even though I've had you on ignore for months cause you and your best boy Scitt both refused to stop the Bron-Kobe beef. Since you charged into my mentions uninvited, I took you off ignore to rep you back and speak my mind. It takes literally two mouse clicks, I'm sure you can figure out how it works.

Look, we can either ignore each other, or you can keep fighting for no goddamn reason. If Kobe is watching from heaven then he's at peace with his life and is fine with basketball being talked about as basketball. He doesn't need some little kid like you to act a fool every time his name gets mentioned. I repped you instead of negging you as a goodwill gesture, cause I DON'T want to fight about Kobe. You're going back on ignore now cause I don't expect you to be able to let it drop. If you really want my attention again, then neg me again and I'll give you another speech with the complete condescension you deserve for acting like this.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
I like Kawhi as a player but the way that he and uncle Dennis moved had to have ruffled some feathers. I don't even think the veteran leadership thing has anything to do with it. With Toronto, they were trying to kiss his ass to stay so they allowed some shyt that wouldn't typically go down. He was also the best player by far on the team. In LA, since he has a multi-year deal and while still the best player, let's face it, there are way more brehs on the Clippers and I'm sure that they are on that "this nikka Kawhi think he better than us, fukk that nikka" steeze. Recipe for resentment when people aren't treated the same. I know that the sports world can create these imbalances but not everyone has the mental makeup to deal with it or tolerate it successfully.

Facts. But I gotta admit...when he’s on the court he plays hard. Peep game 3 last year vs the Bucks. Raps & Bucks went to double OT that game. I’d never seen a player play as hard as I seen Kawhi play in that game...nikka looked like he was about to die on the court...

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
If you think that Dwight was the only player who didn't have chemistry that year, then you didn't watch the Lakers that season. There were articles about their lack of chemistry from LA beat writers if you don't believe me. But I suggest you just drop the subject cause you're clearly in your feelings.

Your cowardly ass decided to neg me even though I've had you on ignore for months cause you and your best boy Scitt both refused to stop the Bron-Kobe beef. Since you charged into my mentions uninvited, I took you off ignore to rep you back and speak my mind. It takes literally two mouse clicks, I'm sure you can figure out how it works.

Look, we can either ignore each other, or you can keep fighting for no goddamn reason. If Kobe is watching from heaven then he's at peace with his life and is fine with basketball being talked about as basketball. He doesn't need some little kid like you to act a fool every time his name gets mentioned. I repped you instead of negging you as a goodwill gesture, cause I DON'T want to fight about Kobe. You're going back on ignore now cause I don't expect you to be able to let it drop. If you really want my attention again, then neg me again and I'll give you another speech with the complete condescension you deserve for acting like this.

THIS IS THE EPITOME OF A PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE DOUCHEBAG WIT A PRETENTIOUS NATURE

I KNOW FOR A FACT HE HAS SOME SORT OF DISABILITY THAT STUNTS HIS SOCIAL LIFE .. IF IM NOT MISTAKING HE ACTUALLY SPOKE ON IT BEFORE

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
It might've happened, it might not have, but I wish NBA fans was above ingesting trash talk as much as they are. I like that shyt in moderation, but it seems like 95% of coverage is just "x nikka don't like y nikka, behind y nikka's back". I just wrote the headline for a The Ringer writer or BSO's tweet about Mike Conley and Donovan Mitchell circa March 2021.

Ask yourself this, what's the last time you seen someone talk about a schematic or individual matchup failure in reference to that Clippers series? I haven't seen anyone mentioned Clips getting killed in transition during the last couple games, how Jokic picked his spots in the Harrell vs Zubac minutes, or even just how tough Gary, Craig and Grant made it for Kawhi in the last game.

I know I shouldn't expect this on the national level, where they fighting every day just to not have to fire half the staff month after month, but it seems like alot of these internet personas can't see the value in giving non-sensational discussion unless they can parlay it to some nerd stat. S/o to the Atlantic, SB Nation, RIP Deadspin, and your local preferred podcast for holdin it down :salute:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
It might've happened, it might not have, but I wish NBA fans was above ingesting trash talk as much as they are. I like that shyt in moderation, but it seems like 95% of coverage is just "x nikka don't like y nikka, behind y nikka's back". I just wrote the headline for a The Ringer writer or BSO's tweet about Mike Conley and Donovan Mitchell circa March 2021.

Ask yourself this, what's the last time you seen someone talk about a schematic or individual matchup failure in reference to that Clippers series? I haven't seen anyone mentioned Clips getting killed in transition during the last couple games, how Jokic picked his spots in the Harrell vs Zubac minutes, or even just how tough Gary, Craig and Grant made it for Kawhi in the last game.

I know I shouldn't expect this on the national level, where they fighting every day just to not have to fire half the staff month after month, but it seems like alot of these internet personas can't see the value in giving non-sensational discussion unless they can parlay it to some nerd stat. S/o to the Atlantic, SB Nation, RIP Deadspin, and your local preferred podcast for holdin it down :salute:

Do the fans care for that sort of deep dive tho? People who would be interested in that kind of thing usually are the one who listen or watch podcasts breaking down that kind of detail

They cater to a subset of the fanbase who are only interested in flamewars, hot takes and soundbites.

In this Kawhi and Clippers case....if so many people had not overwhelmingly and prematurely crowned them...I dont think the whisper train would be what it is currently.

Plus Kawhi has been a media darling. Queit coddled blank canvas on which people could paint their idea of what a good quiet fall in line athlete should be.

But the curtains have been drawn now.......being quiet dont make you different

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Doubt this article is entirely true but where there is smoke, there's fire...:francis:

BTW is Kawhi's wife white? Or just really light?:patrice:

Last edited:

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC

The same Kobe that was 6 Years older than Kawhi is now, played 13 more years, and popped his Achilles around that same year after playing 38 MPG at age 35?:comeon: You can’t possibly look at the context of the situations, even if chemistry was a issue for both, and bring Kobe in to talk about it enough to the point you create a discussion about it. Not a good example.

Kawhi 29 damn years old for Christ sakes and only played what? 8 years? Has brought load management damn near everywhere to the point it’s expected.

Kobe also played 78 games that year, at 35. Kawhi ain’t even hit 30 and missing games, late for planes and practice. Nobody would care enough if Kawhi missed some practice games but there 78 out of 82 games to built chemistry on court. All 3 teams he has been on has had a problem with the special treatment he got and he wasn’t even in the league that long when the Spurs fiasco happened. Now when could question Kobe’s hard work in practice for the majority of his career? Again you want to compare Kawhis situation to a older player who genuine concerns about pain/injuries that would kick off no later than the end of that same season you mentioned

mind telling me, what happened with Kobe’s body breaking down in the years following that Achilles injury later he suffered that season?

Last edited:

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The same Kobe that was 6 Years older than Kawhi is now, played 13 more years, and popped his Achilles around that same year after playing 38 MPG at age 35?:comeon: You can’t possibly look at the context of the situations, even if chemistry was a issue for both, and bring Kobe in to talk about it enough to the point you create a discussion about it. Not a good example.

Kawhi 29 damn years old for Christ sakes and only played what? 8 years? Has brought load management damn near everywhere to the point it’s expected.

Kobe also played 78 games that year, at 35. Kawhi ain’t even hit 30 and missing games, late for planes and practice. Nobody would care enough if Kawhi missed some practice games but there 78 out of 82 games to built chemistry on court.

Kobe had broken fingers still out there

fukked up ligaments still out there

Crazy mins on his body still out there

Young bucks coming at him trying to make a name for themselves

Still out there

And this mute can't do back to backs

But wanna claim king or best player

:francis:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
What does any of this have to do with some sort of comparison or what people deserve?

Regardless of what you deserve, the effects are the same. Laker chemistry got screwed up and some players were salty. Even if it was literally impossible for Kobe to join practices, what happened happened. Same shyt would have happened to Lebron this year if he had taken time off, just like happened last year.
Kobe played every game that season before his Achilles went out and was a Lakers Legend at that point. Bad comparison