THE END OF RACISM - An interesting discussion...

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like your mind is stuck on "Loser" mode. Nobody's going to cut you a check, bruh.

Who said anything about cutting a check? It's interesting that you went there first, probably assuming I was talking about more monetary hand outs from government. It's sad to see this sort of racial bias coming from an African, but, it is what it is. :manny:

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
stop being so sensitive. Nothing he said in that video was racist...it was actually well thought out.

And lets stop pretending that the race of said person matters when it comes to the subject of black people. Every black figure that has ever said anything somewhat critical of black people gets written off and called a sellout/c00n.

I feel you. :obama: What I was trying to get across in my post though is we need more than just the bootstraps, black people gotta do better stuff, etc. We need people coming with practical solutions to the problems, things we can reasonably do in our daily lives and begin working towards that goal. Something like volunteering in the community.. mentoring some our young boys who don't have fathers. It seems to me we just get the criticism, and then that's where it ends. It's like people just wanna grandstand but not actually DO anything afterwards.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
No offense, cuz I have beliefs on both sides oft his argument, but and Indian person is the last person I'm going to take cues from about the discussion on American racism.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Racism isn't going anywhere

I can't even go to the pool to swim laps without some white person getting scared packing up their stuff and leaving. Or worse before I can even get into the water their getting out going into the bathroom and staying there until me and my friends are done working out.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Who said anything about cutting a check? It's interesting that you went there first, probably assuming I was talking about more monetary hand outs from government. It's sad to see this sort of racial bias coming from an African, but, it is what it is. :manny:
That post you made sounded an awful lot like what people say when they're asking for handouts. Sorry, but Blacks can no longer play the pity card because nobody cares about Black Plight anymore. Nobody. Not even Black people. It's practically legal to gun us down in the street at this point.

I can't even go to the pool to swim laps without some white person getting scared packing up their stuff and leaving. Or worse before I can even get into the water their getting out going into the bathroom and staying there until me and my friends are done working out.
Okay, with that understanding let's move forward. Let's acknowledge the situation and keep it pushing. We need to stop sitting around waiting for someone or something to "fix" things. We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves.

The real change begins in ourselves. Our spirit. Our mentality. No government program, no sympathetic white man, no act of God is going to change this. It has to come from within.

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That post you made sounded an awful lot like what people say when they're asking for handouts. Sorry, but Black's can no longer play the pity card because nobody cares about Black Plight anymore. Nobody. Not even Black people.

Yes, your posts in this thread show as much. You were quick to assume a black person was asking for a handout i.e. more welfare, and went on to get into the same sort of spiel I hear and read from whites and other non-blacks. :lupe: Anyway, I was talking about legislation. Ending bogus laws. Simply putting an end to the 'drug war', and the unwarranted target of black youths by police alone would do wonders. But like you say, no one really cares about our problems. I'm just saying that instead of only offering critiques that we keep going from there. It's not enough to just say our community is fukked up. Knowing this, let's brainstorm solutions to fix the problems and get to work. It seems to me often times these critiques whether they come from blacks or non-blacks are not coming from a place of genuine concern but rather condescension and their own latent racism. Because let's face it, these same folks who bash the black community would be bytching to high hell about any legitimate, black-centered movement that could bring about positive change.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Its really no simple solution. Before economic standings, in my opinion it all starts with how we socialize with each other. How do we promote ourselves. Is an inferiority complex promoted more rather than motivation? At this point i'm not surprised in any way by racism. But it took me leaving my environment to realize the world may not be as much as against us as we think. I really can't stress how much I feel we should take the N-word out of our vocabulary, stop being so non-chalant with referring to women as bytches, pro-create when we are actually ready and feel we are set enough to really provide a future for a new life. Now that I look back, I appreciate my mother never really bringing up racism at home and just working hard to provide. My dad complained more than showing and proving and he's not even fully black(and doesn't really look black) I seen what his life is like now, and its the direction I've been avoiding. Also, I hate the fact that in the school system(grades before college) a bulk of black history is just about slavery, which I think contributes to the inferiority complex. Black inventors are rarely talked about and therefore maybes lessening our interest in certain things.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
That post you made sounded an awful lot like what people say when they're asking for handouts. Sorry, but Black's can no longer play the pity card because nobody cares about Black Plight anymore. Nobody. Not even Black people. It's practically legal to gun us down in the street at this point.

Okay, with that understanding let's move forward. Let's acknowledge the situation and keep it pushing. We need to stop sitting around waiting for someone or something to "fix" things. We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves.

The real change begins in ourselves. Our spirit. Our mentality. No government program, no sympathetic white man, no act of God is going to change this. It has to come from within.

The real question we should be asking ourselves is how do we move forward?...

Of course I can improve on myself because I was given a grand opportunity to do so because of my parents. But what about the rest of my people? The ones in low income communities, terrible school systems, stuck in a mindset that its ok to be on welfare, having babies out of wedlock,the ones stereotyped no matter what and etc?

Me and my roommates have talked about this a couple of times, How do we get on the level of the Indians, Asians and Africans coming over here succeeding with no excuses accepted.

semtex

:)
Daps
No offense, cuz I have beliefs on both sides oft his argument, but and Indian person is the last person I'm going to take cues from about the discussion on American racism.
wellllllll maybe you should consider it. Perhizzaps he can look at it from an unbiased perspective :manny:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

shyt I work in employment recruiting and my white coworkers get calls weekly from employers who secretly ask for no black referrals. If you are white and somewhat competent, finding a job is easy as fukk.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
shyt I work in employment recruiting and my white coworkers get calls weekly from employers who secretly ask for no black referrals.

Now this - this is racism.

If there can be an end to stuff like this, then I can entertain the idea of "The End Of Racism".