THE END OF RACISM - An interesting discussion...

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
This guys a moron. He should be thanking black folks for taking all the racist heat for 200 years so that when his brown ass came here, he wasn't getting hung by the KKK.

I fukking get heated when these idiot immigrants come to this country and look down on black folks without realizing that the only reason they can even come to this country is because black folks made it possible. If it wasn't for Dr. King and everyone else in the civil rights movement, he would be a nikka just like any black person.
I was dating a Taiwanese chick and she said something that really moved me. She mentioned how many Asians here in the states acknowledge the role that Blacks played in the struggle for human equality. I started asking around to my other Asian friends to see if this was a common attitude, and it was.

But really... what difference does it make? Acknowledgement or no the fact is that Black Americans are seriously getting outpaced by other groups and a lot of that, in my observation, has to do with this pathological self-identification with low-class culture/behavior. The author of the book being discussed seems to agree with that.

I mean, think about it... WorldstarHipHop.com, the online repository of everything that's wrong with the Black community, is not a "white" entity. It's Black, from the owner, to the content creators, the advertisers and down to the consumers... all Black everything.

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whew: Straight Piff

Black culture was formed directly as a derivative to white segregation/racism... to say that either culture or discrimination have to be responsible exclusively for blacks position in society doesnt hold up to criticism... so if thats the basis of his book and the rest of his arguement theres no need for anyone to analyze it any further.

Black culture isnt created in a vacuum seperate from America as a whole, discrimination and black culture are intrinsically linked (e.g. Hip Hop, Blues).
It does by comparing Immigrants position Vs AA, whilst acknoledgeding the unique exp of AA in america.

Slang

Slang
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I was dating a Taiwanese chick and she said something that really moved me. She mentioned how many Asians here in the states acknowledge the role that Blacks played in the struggle for human equality. I started asking around to my other Asian friends to see if this was a common attitude, and it was.
^:scusthov:

you don't have to lie to try to kick knowledge.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Racism is very real, have you ever stopped to think that inner city schools in themselves is institutionalized racism? Some people make it out but it goes further back than what you see now. I blame schools and cities for not funding programs to keep kids off the streets and taking all the best teachers and putting them in suburban schools which are predominately white. Black people can make it, but the path to success is so much harder. There is a reason there are hbcu's, and schools were only integrated within the past 50 years. White people have had a several generation head start on blacks, and while plenty of us here are doing fine, there are plenty that are trapped. Not only that, if you look at any major corporation, I guarantee that 99% are white owned. As far as immigrants are concerned how can they say racism is a nonfactor when they com here with a clean slate? My uncle told me about how white people his own age treated them when they were kids and he's in his 50s. Those people aren't dead, they just know how to hide it better. I'll say this, not every white person is racist but the system has been put in place by many to keep people down without them even realizing it.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Thanks to white people, racism will never end.
Why? Because they're the ones who created it.

They created this huge race war globally that will never settle down.
People aren't just born racist, they're taught it.

Whos on your avi? Full pic? Name?

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
The dude in the OP vid is right.
Black folks need to stop bringing up shyt they never went through (people in their 20's bringing up slavery etc...).

The real issue is that there really is no "black culture"...what many of us call "black culture" is actually a Poverty Culture.
At the end of the day we are apart of a larger American culture.
Black people w/ money move different than black folks w/o money...just how it is with white people. (he talks about it around 6:30).
This actually makes me wonder if Government intervention makes things worse. If they never got in the way back in the 60's would we be better off today?
My dad became a dentist because he saw one in his neighborhood growing up...even though he grew up dirt poor w/ no parents he had that example in his neighborhood.

If you handle your business you will come up.
Do you really think these cats in the street are held down by white people?

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not one to take what a non-black person says about black people seriously.

Seriously, that was my very first thought when I saw the thumbnail for the video (didn't watch). Why is that all these non-blacks feel the need to speak out on this particular topic? While 99.9999999% of the time being critical without offering any possible solutions other than the usual 'bootstraps' bs. There are already more than enough voices of various ethnic groups and political affiliations telling us that we ain't shyt every damn day and I'm sick of it. I wish these people, be they White, Black or otherwise just shut the fukk up about the issues we face unless they're ready to help fix them. But most of these people won't ever acknowledge the role this blatantly racist system plays in our struggles, let alone do anything to change the status-quo. Instead, they hop on the black bashing bandwagon in the hopes of gaining favor of whites and giving themselves a leg up. That's why I don't too much fukk with other 'people of color' on this topic.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Seriously, that was my very first thought when I saw the thumbnail for the video (didn't watch). Why is that all these non-blacks feel the need to speak out on this particular topic? While 99.9999999% of the time being critical without offering any possible solutions other than the usual 'bootstraps' bs. There are already more than enough voices of various ethnic groups and political affiliations telling us that we ain't shyt every damn day and I'm sick of it. I wish these people, be they White, Black or otherwise just shut the fukk up about the issues we face unless they're ready to help fix them.
Sounds like your mind is stuck on "Loser" mode. Nobody's going to cut you a check, bruh.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Seriously, that was my very first thought when I saw the thumbnail for the video (didn't watch). Why is that all these non-blacks feel the need to speak out on this particular topic? While 99.9999999% of the time being critical without offering any possible solutions other than the usual 'bootstraps' bs. There are already more than enough voices of various ethnic groups and political affiliations telling us that we ain't shyt every damn day and I'm sick of it. I wish these people, be they White, Black or otherwise just shut the fukk up about the issues we face unless they're ready to help fix them. But most of these people won't ever acknowledge the role this blatantly racist system plays in our struggles, let alone do anything to change the status-quo. Instead, they hop on the black bashing bandwagon in the hopes of gaining favor of whites and giving themselves a leg up. That's why I don't too much fukk with other 'people of color' on this topic.
stop being so sensitive. Nothing he said in that video was racist...it was actually well thought out.

And lets stop pretending that the race of said person matters when it comes to the subject of black people. Every black figure that has ever said anything somewhat critical of black people gets written off and called a sellout/c00n.