The Elephant In The Room Vol.1: Horizon: Zero Dawn

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I just hate how they first mission that one person is still laying there after everything we've been through.

His name starts with a T and his daughter sits there with them they have literally been laying there I wish they would have went to a village or something it would have been more believable.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Story was great, gameplay was great. My favorite game this gen.

No ones talking about it cause it came out 6 months ago and that's the world we live in, we live in a disposable society, it's always "what's next?"

People are still talking about Breath of the Wild.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Yup. Definitely a "special" joint.
We hear you, and last time w checked you was still doing the tutorials when you was talking like you put in work :mjlol:

Can we get a receipt check from this ghat damn casual :banderas:
People are still talking about Breath of the Wild.
:stop:

Nintendo front is silent til the 27th bruh, it just got a perfect score from edge? And some people will think Mario getting a perfect score matters. What matters is if it's a new innovative Mario game. How good it is, is a matter of opinion. For instance I hated super Mario galaxy :manny:

Some people hated uncharted 3 (I didn't)

Halo 5 is the best halo ever (not universal opinion)

And to go full circle, Horizon: ZD isn't as good as advertised. Easy to prove. If you look in the official thread you'll see a ton of disgruntled replies.

Then look in say a Cuphead thread and you'll see the exact opposite. I made a thread on this exact topic just a day ago :smugbiden:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What does this shyt even mean though?

If there's chatter about a game months after it released it's a succes, if not, it'sa failure or wasn't good?

Cornball ass argument
The majority of posts in that thread is by one poster literally. Dude posted like 786 times in the thread, that's almost 7X more than any one else in the thread!

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Nobody talks about this.

Don't get me wrong, the visuals are pretty good. Here is the problem:

The story is total garbage. Dialogs are top trash, hit skip button on all of them cause I can't be bothered with another ol story about outcast who becomes hero. The story and dialogs cater to the same crowd who find Uncharted 4 story amazing (no comments).

The most important part of the game - combat. Now, if you release an action RPG and you have such excellence as Bloodborne on the market, you better get this shyt right. Not in this case. Melee attacks and its animations are trash. Unsatisfying as fukk. Also, they only bothered to make great animation for robots. For humans its on some Morrowind status.

The game repetitive as fukk. Combine it with subpar combat and it is a recipe for disaster, aka the game becomes trash bin status pretty fast. Walk into area with a set of robots/humans, get a dose of unsatisfying combat, then run to another area for 2 min, listen to trash dialogs in-between. Rinse and repeat.

The game has no atmosphere and feels artificial. Its like developers tryharded to come up with something unique.

The elephant in the room has spoken: "Horizon: Zero Dawn is a 5.5/10 game"

I bought HZD two days ago and already deleted it because all of the above is true. The premise of the story is super cool and the visuals are epic but the gameplay is extremely boring and unoriginal. After a few hours, you start to see passed the veneer and realize HZD is just the run of the mill ubisoft style open world. Clearly there are people who will love HZD as style over substance open world gsmes such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, GTA, and etc continue to sell. BUT I think all of the above need to learn from Breath of Wild as it was able to make fun and challenging missions but also made traversing the world EQUALLY as fun and challenging.

On a side note: I got so burned out on the Corrupter spam in HZD...you had to fight so many of them in such a short span of time. On your way to Meridian you had to fight one at the Fort, two at the excavation site, another one at the Exlipse base...shyt was retarded.