The Democratic Party is about to become a regional party

Will the Dems become a regional party post-2024?

• Total voters

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hispanics/latinos are turned off by a perceived focus on black and lgbt issues

Black people are turned off by a perceived focus on latino and lgbt issues

White people are turned off by a perceived focus on non-white issues

etc.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IDC. Democrats had their chance and shyt on voters to get corporate donations. Fukk em. From the feds to NY these people been letting Trump go. :manny: if he takes revenge if him and his trumplicans seize control. Dems made this bed. Lie in it. That doesn't mean I support Trump or his ilk. I just think he should've been handled with the toughest consequences compared to the BS we've seen

Completely agree.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Dems ain't doing shyt about it either. The Dems aren't working in myself interest either. They should be punished for the way they've let Trump skate. Can't get mad when the aggressive feral cat you let hang around attacks you and gives you rabies instead putting it down. :manny:.

Votes are earned, not an obligation because the other party is fascist.

Last time I checked the Dems killed

Minimum wage

BBB

Protected corporations and their $

Gutted ARP

No voting rights

No police reform

No major student debt relief

No major climate change action while increasing permits for drilling.

You got Democratic leadership letting the GOP attempt a coup and they let them walk. Along with Garland protecting Trump and not indicting him for his federal crimes

Why should I vote for the early 2000s Republican party just because they have a D next to their names?:mjtf:

:unimpressed:
Sounds like you don’t have a clue how government works

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It’s the Dems own fault for this. No one wants Trump or the GOP, but no one is wants to support a feckless counter party that also doesn’t work in anyones interests but the wealthy. It’s absurd.
It’s clear some of you have never lived around republicans

theres nothing Dems can do that would ensure an extended reign in government. Nothing

like @dora_da_destroyer said, the process here our outdated and that’s the biggest problem

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Of course 5 dollar gas is a lot more relevant to most Americans. I don't deny that. Its more impactful on their personal lives in the short term. However in the grand scheme of things it is trivial in comparison to what's coming. And ironically we probably wouldn't be in this situation had we transformed our energy economy decades ago. I'll let you guess which side of the political spectrum has been continually resposible for delaying progress on that front.

So now Americans will finally have their right wing government in an age where all of our past blunders finally catch up to us. What's coming is a food and water crisis, destablizing weather events, and a never ending flow of refugees escaping climate related disasters. All this will occur while our right wing government and the American public become increasingly divorced from reality.

Unforutnately neither @the cac mamba or the average American is going to give a fukk about climate change until we start having famines, droughts and millions of nonwhite refugees to resent :francis:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The problem is very simple: Democrats focus on various "identity" issues, and large segments of people from each minority group in their coalition feel like the Dems prioritize the interests over other groups over their own.

This is the problem trying to hold together a coalition that consists of so many different groups with different interests.

The obvious solution is to focus on issues that appeal simultaneously to most/all groups: economic issues. But the Dems don't want to do that.
You mean things like Student loan forgiveness, healthcare, taxing the rich, supporting unionization, investing in infrastructure?

:ohhh:

Imagine thinking the democrats are the problem

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You mean things like Student loan forgiveness, healthcare, taxing the rich, supporting unionization, investing in infrastructure?

The thing a lot of people on the left (including me when I was younger) hate to admit is that, for a lot of the population, culture wars and racial resentment is just a stronger motivator than economic self-interest. :yeshrug:

You can advocate all of that stuff and most people will still vote Republican anyway because of shyt like CRT and "They want to take our guns!".

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
It’s clear some of you have never lived around republicans

theres nothing Dems can do that would ensure an extended reign in government. Nothing

like @dora_da_destroyer said, the process here our outdated and that’s the biggest problem
I live in a republican state that vote 60+% for Trump and have a family full of Republicans. They. Are. Never. Going. To. Support. Democratic policies. Yes, there is but it would cost them corporate donations.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The thing a lot of people on the left (including me when I was younger) hate to admit is that, for a lot of the population, culture wars and racial resentment is just a stronger motivator than economic self-interest. :yeshrug:

You can advocate all of that stuff and most people will still vote Republican anyway because of shyt like CRT and "They want to take our guns!".
Absolutely

Running on pure racism and discrimination, less government, lower taxes and guns is going to have people loyal to your party( dependable voters) no matter how good the ideas and polices of the other side are

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ohhh:

Imagine thinking the democrats are the problem

They are unable to deliver on many of those things.

Meanwhile, they focus a lot on performative, symbolic identity-related things that spark resentment.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
They are unable to deliver on many of those things.

Meanwhile, they focus a lot on performative, symbolic identity-related things that spark resentment.
What were they unable to deliver on?

Do you know how the legislative process works?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unforutnately neither @the cac mamba or the average American is going to give a fukk about climate change until we start having famines, droughts and millions of nonwhite refugees to resent :francis:
:russell:

let me know when masses of canadian and swedish people show up on the border with nothing, demanding to be placed in the country. i assure you, they'll get the same welcome :dead:

i love how the same people always whining and crying about "theres no affordable housing" are also demanding we open the borders, but never get to the part where they say where these masses of immigrants are gonna live

Last edited:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper

Forget advocate, people want IMPLEMENTATION.

You have the house AND Senate....nobody is gonna hear "but Manchin".

That's the problem...you think those people in Georgia don't feel like they got fukked? Give us the senate, give us the senate...well, you got it

Last edited: