The Democrat Party is a Right Wing Party Again

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Either the OP isn't Black, or he's an undercover Republican, because no one can be so ignorant of the history of "tough-on-crime" policies in this country, and what the catalyst was for mass incarceration. His bullshyt is just straight up exploitation with no real concern or care for solutions.

It was Ronald Reagan's War on Drugs that laid the foundation for the mass incarceration crisis. His administration escalated the criminalization of drug offenses, especially with policies like mandatory minimums that disproportionately targeted Black communities. His harsh penalties for drug offenses, particularly the disparity between crack and powder cocaine sentencing, helped drive the prison population to historic levels and initiated our current culture of punishment over rehabilitation. The rise of the prison-industrial complex fed off these policies, leading to the imprisonment of millions, particularly low-level, nonviolent offenders. His era set the stage for the "tough-on-crime" mindset that continues to dominate U.S. policy.
It wasn’t just Reagan’s war on drugs ..those bills that disproportionately targeted black people were supported by both parties (including Biden ) and was introduced to the house/sponsored by democrats.

I support democrats because more often than not my views align with them but We need to start telling the truth .

Daps
What can I say, the democrats have a lot of anti-black right-wing behavior and that’s not even all of it :yeshrug:

I didn’t even include Obama delivering the heartfelt eulogy for a grand dragon of the kkk.

“Senate icon, party leader, elder statesmen, and my friend” -Barack Obama :wow:

You guys are so bad at this.

I'm guessing that's probably the only thing you know about Bryd. That he was in the KKK in the 1940's. Which is a good talking point for dumb people who don't know anything.

Politicians don't live in the same bubble as normal people. They don't see the world as black and white and live in tunnel vision as many of you see it as black and white. They form relationships/friendships with other people in Congress/Government that they may disagree with on many issues in order to gain influence, gain knowledge and pass legislation. Especially in the Senate where you need those relationships in order to pass legislation with a bi-partisan vote count, compared to the House where anything can be passed with a simple majority party vote.

Even though now it seems like these current generation of politicians all hates each other, them old school politicians, including the ones that are still in Congress had many relationships/friendships with people on the opposing side. They all knew each other families/children, went out to dinner, all that.

Bryd was known for working with both Democrats and Republicans in Congress and was a mentor to many people in Congress. He endorsed Obama over Hilary Clinton while the primary was still going on, and some of his final votes in declining health were voting in favor of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), which was needed to overcome Republican's filibuster.

Expect the President of the United States to not say good things about someone who served in Congress for 57 years brehs.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Y'all see how he misleads?

For people who are interested in actually understanding what this was about:

Obama's decision to eulogize Robert Byrd might seem weird, especially to people familiar with Byrd's racist past and his involvement with the KKK. But what Obama was really doing in that moment was acknowledging Byrd's transformation. If you understand Obama, you would understand why he did this. Personally, I don't see my self being that forgiving. Anyway, Byrd actually admitted his mistakes, and he called his time in the Klan the biggest regret of his life. Over the years, he evolved. He became a strong advocate for civil rights and worked in support of them. Obama wasn't excusing Byrd's past. He was acknowledging the man he became, which was a symbol of how people can grow and change for the better. People changing for the better is a big part of what shapes Obama's outlook on society.
:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I literally just posted Hilary Clinton, Joe Biden, and Obama eulogize a grand dragon of the kkk :dahell:

Wrong

Y'all both siders need to hang it up and stop getting your news from.facebook, YouTube, and goofys on Twitter. Use legitimate sources who have something to lose.

Only one side is openly trying to remove all progression made for my people.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
You guys are so bad at this.

I'm guessing that's probably the only thing you know about Bryd. That he was in the KKK in the 1940's. Which is a good talking point for dumb people who don't know anything.

Politicians don't live in the same bubble as normal people. They don't see the world as black and white and live in tunnel vision as many of you see it as black and white. They form relationships/friendships with other people in Congress/Government that they may disagree with on many issues in order to gain influence, gain knowledge and pass legislation. Especially in the Senate where you need those relationships in order to pass legislation with a bi-partisan vote count, compared to the House where anything can be passed with a simple majority party vote.

Even though now it seems like these current generation of politicians all hates each other, them old school politicians, including the ones that are still in Congress had many relationships/friendships with people on the opposing side. They all knew each other families/children, went out to dinner, all that.

Bryd was known for working with both Democrats and Republicans in Congress and was a mentor to many people in Congress. He endorsed Obama over Hilary Clinton while the primary was still going on, and some of his final votes in declining health were voting in favor of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), which was needed to overcome Republican's filibuster.

Expect the President of the United States to not say good things about someone who served in Congress for 57 years brehs.
Shills are caping for kkk grand dragons now. :huhldup:

Aight that’s enough of thecoli for the day. I think I proved my point this post

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Wrong

Y'all both siders need to hang it up and stop getting your news from.facebook, YouTube, and goofys on Twitter. Use legitimate sources who have something to lose.

Only one side is openly trying to remove all progression made for my people.
Did you even read your own link? :gucci:

The fact check is about the claim that Robert Byrd was a grand wizard of the kkk, not that Joe Biden didn’t give a eulogy at his funeral.

Democratic shills making a fool of themselves yet again :francis:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Shills are caping for kkk grand dragons now. :huhldup:

Aight that’s enough of thecoli for the day. I think I proved my point this post
You don't effectively support your position by repeating falsehoods. Yes he was in the KKK, no he was not a Grand Dragon. Also, he renounced his membership and called it one of his greatest mistakes.

Fact check: Photograph does not show Robert Byrd; Byrd was not the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan​

"Byrd was not a Grand Wizard of the Klan. He was, however, a former organizer and member of the KKK. A Washington Post article reviewing Byrd’s memoir explains these years in more detail ( here ). Byrd later renounced his membership to the organization, although his early record in Congress on race and civil rights was mixed. For example, Byrd partook in a lengthy filibuster effort against the 1964 Civil Rights Act  here  . A Democrat but conservative in values, Byrd also criticized President Bill Clinton’s decision to push for the legalization of gay marriage decades later ( here ).

In a 2006 CNN interview, Byrd expressed regret for the filibuster and called his time in the Klan the greatest mistake of his life ( here ). In 2005, Byrd commented on his past membership of the Klan in his memoir and in an interview with the Washington Post said, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times … and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened." (Read more here)

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
See? That's why it's a waste of time to engage seriously with bad actors. And that's why they run away from threads when the wrong people take the time to debunk their bullshyt. :wow:

Not one person defended a "kkk grand dragon," but that doesn't stop them from making that false claim.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Democrat is a right wing party, yet corporations achieved several wins in the Biden Administration.

-More money thrown at Climate Change than anytime in history.
-Medicare negotiating drug prices for the first time in history which will bring down many prices.
-$35 cap on insulin for those on Medicare.

Just to name a few.

Political dialog in TLR is cooked. :mjlol:

Fixed that for you.

Corporations just found new grifts to make money off of,and keep control:mjlol:

Daps
Fixed that for you.

Corporations just found new grifts to make money off of,and keep control:mjlol:
This doesn't even make sense.

Those things I listed, including more student loan money cancelled than any time in history are generational changes for everyday people that Progressives been pushing for.

Don't let your clear bias get in the way of facts. It's ok to acknowledge/accept things even if you have a hate or disdain for those same people. It doesn't make you a weaker militant or hater.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
You don't effectively support your position by repeating falsehoods. Yes he was in the KKK, no he was not a Grand Dragon. Also, he renounced his membership and called it one of his greatest mistakes.

Fact check: Photograph does not show Robert Byrd; Byrd was not the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan​

"Byrd was not a Grand Wizard of the Klan. He was, however, a former organizer and member of the KKK. A Washington Post article reviewing Byrd’s memoir explains these years in more detail ( here ). Byrd later renounced his membership to the organization, although his early record in Congress on race and civil rights was mixed. For example, Byrd partook in a lengthy filibuster effort against the 1964 Civil Rights Act  here  . A Democrat but conservative in values, Byrd also criticized President Bill Clinton’s decision to push for the legalization of gay marriage decades later ( here ).

In a 2006 CNN interview, Byrd expressed regret for the filibuster and called his time in the Klan the greatest mistake of his life ( here ). In 2005, Byrd commented on his past membership of the Klan in his memoir and in an interview with the Washington Post said, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times … and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened." (Read more here)
I don't give two flying fukks what he renounced.:stopitslime:

Once a bigot, always a bigot.:pacspit:

I hope that KKKrakkker burning in Hell now, fukk you mean saying that shyt like it matters to any Black American, or worse, a Black American who lost family to the same group he was a part of? :scust:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It wasn’t just Reagan’s war on drugs ..those bills that disproportionately targeted black people were supported by both parties (including Biden ) and was introduced to the house/sponsored by democrats.

I support democrats because more often than not my views align with them but We need to start telling the truth .
I am confused at why you removed a large part of my post and then attacked the remaining bit with a straw man argument.