The Decline of Gaming

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Judging by how you separated the topics, it looks like it’s more a suggestion of what could kill the industry creatively speaking. Will watch

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Be openly ignorant brehs. :scust:

For one thing, Capcom isn't the only company making fighters. Also, fighting games are held in bigger arenas and have risen in status compared to where they came from and are more prominent on the scene than they have been in ages, which was my point. You're comparing apples to oranges tho and obviously don't know shyt about or play fighters, so miss me with that bullshyt.

the biggest winnings in fighting game history is $250k

pathetic :scust:

fighting games are bush league prize pools usually average around $5-10k for high end tournaments :scust:

we only discuss million dollar minimum prize pools around here :umad:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
the biggest winnings in fighting game history is $250k

pathetic :scust:

fighting games are bush league prize pools usually average around $5-10k for high end tournaments :scust:

we only discuss million dollar minimum prize pools around here :umad:

A few years ago it was 125k. So now it's grown by double. Thus you proving my point of its growth. But you too busy longing to sound like some groupie hoe that ain't getting a cent of any tournaments money. I see there's not a thread yet here that you don't contribute anything to other than misguided idiocy, masqueraded with PC nerd hubris and whataboutism. That's the real pathetic part. But you do you and keep being ItsYoungAndDumb.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
A few years ago it was 125k. So now it's grown by double. Thus you proving my point of its growth. But you too busy longing to sound like some groupie hoe that ain't getting a cent of any tournaments money. I see there's not a thread yet here that you don't contribute anything to other than misguided idiocy, masqueraded with PC nerd hubris and whataboutism. That's the real pathetic part. But you do you and keep being ItsYoungAndDumb.
A few years ago was the 250k. Almost 3 years ago :mjlol:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So while I agree with this, I also disagree.

I think it's heavily a matter of perspective.

I think older games up until around the ps2 and OG xbox are the best gaming experiences personally, BUT a lot of the is enhanced by nostalgia, and how you HAD to interact with others locally for alot of the best multiplayer experiences.

A big problem with games now is they don't really want to challenge the user base... they tell you where to do all the time, everything autosaves, normal mode is like a super easy mode and there's a ton of DLC and add on stuff that should be already in the games.

Most of the games now I have to turn on the hardest or second to hardest difficulty JUST to have a challenge....

Also alot of games now are full of FLUFF to pad the game with extra hours of game play.

But there are a ton of indie games on all platforms that are really innovative and out there.

Gaming is actually in a space much like music, where it's a TON of main stream stuff out there that is just water down and generic, but there's a lot of stuff that you have to search for that probably right up your ally.

The biggest issue for me with indie games and early access games is it ruins the experience for me playing unfinished or polished games.... I'll just wait for the final product or the demo

But if you are a kid/teen/mid 20's now the options you have to play games are insane. Even with only 30 bucks a month you have a ton of options from game fly, to Game pass, steam and even nintendies.

how are you saying a person should spend thirty dollars a month on gaming. When none of these games are worth that. None of these games are three months of gameplay on Zelda on the nes at ninety dollars back then. So how and why are you trying to say.
someone should pay thirty dollars a month for any gaming experience.
games are really not worth much.
unless you are that skilled and have experience setting records or winning placing tournies.

plus the problem With gaminG is it is called gaming.
yet there is a difference between video games and computer games.
Where that has now been wrongly melded together. Where real talk. In Computer games you can never have competitive competition.
simply because you can not trust the interface of the competitor. Or the actual organization holding the event.
as the computer gamer is a virtual hacker and really not great at gaming at all.
so now that we have to be basically as a video game system player.

be shackled by cheating computer gamers who are cheats.
plus with Microsoft in thr market.
we now can see the threat of computer gaming becoming. Synomous and now overtaking what a video game is, is a problem.

plus it even mkes the tourneys suspect because the game may be on a server.
not an independent based console away from outside connection that can be manipulated.

so gaming imo, or the wrongly consolidated word gaming. Takes on a negative connotation because gaming connotates the cheats in the computer gaming world.
not the skill of a real video game player.

art barr

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
There is a bit of decline in gaming...all these damn card packs and spin the wheel bonuses are the head start for anyone thats willing to pay more money to have it easier at online gaming. And game devs are lazy because they getting paid off these dumbasses real nice.

Look at the 00s era, we had two great console generations PS2/Xbox and PS3/Xbox 360.....where you could add so much more new material that old consoles couldnt handle. This is how we witnessed many great things like the rise of open world sandbox type of model in games.

The current era, sure it has greater graphics, but most of the games look like it's done many times already, just slap a good graphics and call it a day. Until we have a really good properly working VR gaming system, that is actually affordable to people. Maybe next decade will be groundbreaking, it has to.

Nowadays you can release full priced game with bugs and glitches, then release patch after patch while your customers are doing the test work that your company couldn't afford to do so :mjlol: in PS2 era you had to release the best product possible, as it would be difficult to patch the game.