The Decline of Gaming

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

The video is a little long (about 30 minutes) but its a good watch. The guy hits on a lot of points about how a lot of people (including me) feel about gaming.

Timestamps:

#1 Perceiving the Decline

#2 Complacency

#3 Abundance of Remakes, Remasters

#4 Chasing Trend (Early Access)

#5 Games As a Service, Updates, Online Only, Broken Launches

#6 Corporatization of Gaming

Peeped this already, I fukks wit Act Mans vids. Not certain he's right here, but he brings up some good points.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I’ll take this Era over the NES era any day...:mjlol:

Nintendo games were cryptic, buggy, and difficult for no damn reason. A bad game on the NES was literally unplayable and you’d never see the end.

Beating the game and bad programming was some ol’ bullshyt...plus there wasn’t any patches either.

:russ:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gaming is still great but I hate the direction the industry has taken releasing incomplete, bug infested micro transaction filled games. Gutting things that should belong in the core game only to sell it to you later as DLC of some sort. Look at the Call of Duty, Destiny, Master Chief Collection, Forza, Street Fighter V, Gear 4 & 5, Halo 5 among other games. BTW I highly enjoyed most of these games but it's still bullshyt.

I'm hoping Next gen falls back on that stuff unless it's free to play. We will see more of that after the success if PUBG, Fornite and Warframe and others. But I digress.
This is spot on for me as well. I’m just now getting around to Sekiro and lil bit of Red Dead. I feel there has been a decline in game quality and business practices. I’m not to concerned with remastered games but games with bugs and quality of life features being sold or released after a game drops is straight pathetic

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I believe the author of the video is talking more about the creativity and risk taking leading to better games being made. Gaming as an industry makes more money than every, but many of the big studios try to monetize almost every facet of gaming, to the detriment of the games itself.

This and all of this. You see it with all these damn first person shooters.

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Yes I still play doom2 on pc. The amount of levels and mods is fukkin otherworldly and the game hard as shyt still and I been playing for 20 years...

Pistol start no save... Christ it’s next level

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
BS. All these games are the same now. They're all FPS &/or some fantasy/sci-fi stuff. Everybody doesn't like those

The sports gamer, the fighting gamer, etc have all been left on the outside.

NBA, NHL, MLB, FIFA, PGA, TENNIS, MMA, what other sports game you fukking want, curling?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
BS. All these games are the same now. They're all FPS &/or some fantasy/sci-fi stuff. Everybody doesn't like those

Fighting games have been on the uprise since SFIV dropped in 09. Since then and more recently , they're bigger than they ever were and many different ones to choose from and a few more on the horizon. TF are you talking about?:mjtf:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn

Fighting is bigger than ever, matter fact it hasnt been this big since Dreamcast days:dahell:

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
There's no arcade style games with sports games, yeah single player games are better than ever but for someone who really isn't looking for some 'epic storytelling experience' when playing a game it's really not shyt out here

someone in here mentioned it before and it's that innovation is lacking, think about a lot of the unique game series that died along the years, completely taking away nostalgia i can name a few

Ridge Racer, blur (arcade style racers)

The Def Jam games (remember that bullshyt ICON they released with simulation style fight night controls that didn't fit the game at all?)

the mechassault games can be considered solely missed for alot of people as there's really not a mech shooter except armored core which idk if that's alive on the playstation anymore?

there's just a lot of repetition, not enough innovation and fun.