The Decline of Gaming

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The decline of gaming? At a time when professional gamers are making millions, consoles and video games are experiencing record sales and we are seeing fantastic games being made? Is he living in some alternate universe?:gucci:

I’ve got at least 50 games in my back log and that’s only going to increase when next gen launches.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The decline of gaming? At a time when professional gamers are making millions, consoles and video games are experiencing record sales and we are seeing fantastic games being made? Is he living in some alternate universe?:gucci:

I’ve got at least 50 games in my back log and that’s only going to increase when next gen launches.

I believe the author of the video is talking more about the creativity and risk taking leading to better games being made. Gaming as an industry makes more money than every, but many of the big studios try to monetize almost every facet of gaming, to the detriment of the games itself.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps

Yea I can say that despite all the bullshyt. There are still more than enough really good games out

I’m playing the outer worlds
Red dead on PC
Horizon 4 and NFS heat
NBA 2k19 and madden 20

mans my backlog is shadow of war
Dragons dogma
Dragon quest and builders
GOW
Tomb raider and horizon zero dawn

and not including my VR games.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Oversaturation of all genres.

Ehh...even if there's a case for that, the best still typically find their way to the top of the mountain. Gaming, like most media right now, is at a surplus to be real about it. While that could make wadding through the mediocre a challenge/chore to do and yes, some of the more popular shyt is more formulaic than in the past. However, there's still a myriad of worthy games out there and even those are also, in surplus. Another way to say this is, that there's something for everyone out there, in some cases, you may just have to actually look for it rather than it just being handed to you.

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Where were these people in the mid 90s bytching about Madden 96 or Street Fighter Ex Plus Alpha or Mario Parties, or Final Fantasies?

These fukkin nostalgia biases are ridiculous. You say the indie scene has never been bigger but then go on to say the industry is creatively bankrupt.

Stop supporting they’re shytty practices.

Random Coli poster:

Fukk 2K and their scummy currency practices:pacspit:

They the only Basketball game and I need Lonzo on the Pelicans so :yeshrug:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Where were these people in the mid 90s bytching about Madden 96 or Street Fighter Ex Plus Alpha or Mario Parties, or Final Fantasies?

These fukkin nostalgia biases are ridiculous. You say the indie scene has never been bigger but then go on to say the industry is creatively bankrupt.

Stop supporting they’re shytty practices.

Random Coli poster:

Fukk 2K and their scummy currency practices:pacspit:

They the only Basketball game and I need Lonzo on the Pelicans so :yeshrug:

I agree. People so fixated at looking at the world thru their rose tinted nostalgia goggles can never see pass that, to the point whereas they feel nothing can ever compare or surpass their past. Coincidentally, they all too often overlook all the same misgivings and flaws that existed in the past as well and fail to acknowledge where states of progression and evolution actually even corrects those flaws.

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The biggest problem with games are the games where you have to spend real money to get in game money. It would be cheaper if Apex legends was $60 and each expansion was $40 it would be cheaper than the game now. You don't earn gear for playing the game you have BUY gear.. The cost to have everything in game is like $2000.. shyt like this is pure garbage. You should be able to earn all items in a game by simply playing the game.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Gaming is still great but I hate the direction the industry has taken releasing incomplete, bug infested micro transaction filled games. Gutting things that should belong in the core game only to sell it to you later as DLC of some sort. Look at the Call of Duty, Destiny, Master Chief Collection, Forza, Street Fighter V, Gear 4 & 5, Halo 5 among other games. BTW I highly enjoyed most of these games but it's still bullshyt.

I'm hoping Next gen falls back on that stuff unless it's free to play. We will see more of that after the success if PUBG, Fornite and Warframe and others. But I digress.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t watch but video games companies running the business like a corporation and nickle and diming us is the worst thing. What happened to Bethesda and Capcom is a good example of how corporate greed fukked up the reputation of two of the best companies. Oh and you can throw BioWare into that convo.

And Take Two