The "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" Season 1 thread

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I haven't read any spoilers so this is just a guess but if Hawkmans going to be reborn why don't they just grab him when he's an adult again.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, Damien Darhk is supposedly immortal too? I think it was implied in Arrow that he doesn't age due to whatever happened during his relationship with the LOA.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'Legends of Tomorrow': Stephen Amell to appear as future Oliver Queen

And here we thought Arrow’s Emerald Archer would never sport the famed facial hair …

EW has learned that Stephen Amell will reprise his role as Oliver Queen on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, but there’s a twist: We’ll see him in the distant future!

Amell will pop up in the sixth episode of the season, which will take place in 2046, where we’ll also meet Connor Hawke — more fuel for the firey speculation on Connor’s parentage. Even better, Oliver Queen will have a very, ahem, familiar look to fans of the comics.

“Every once and a while, we do an episode where the 10-year-old me has to pinch himself,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim says. “We’re not only introducing our version of Connor Hawke to our universe, we’re going to meet the 2046 version of Oliver Queen, and Stephen Amell is going to be reprising his role from Arrow. As an added bonus to comic-book fans, Oliver is missing his left arm and will be sporting a goatee, in a nod to the character’s appearance in the seminal Dark Knight Returns. We think this episode features some of the coolest things we’ve ever done.”

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I kinda assumed with the time travel angle that Hawkman would be coming back since he and Kendra keep getting reborn. Hard to be really emotional, when you know they'll see each other in another life :yeshrug:. It's too bad each time they are reborn, they don't remember key intel like Kendra must be the one to use the magic knife on Savage :mjlol:. The characters suffer from the fact they are perpetual losers, Kendra is still pretty as hell to me though.

Firestorm has the best suit out of the bunch and probably the best power, but some of the dialogue they give him :ld:

I wouldn't mind if they dropped in a line about why Savage uses knives as his main weapon :patrice:. Something about him preferring close combat and the feeling of thrusting the dagger into his enemies and not fearing death to really sell him as a boss. I remember the animated version being really intelligent as well, they should do more to display that as well.

Cool seeing Damian pop up at the weapons expo.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
See the CW excels at delivering great episodes when the lovey dovey shyt is kept at a minimum. Now that Patty is gone, maybe Flash will get back to greatness again :blessed: Arrow is lost as long as they kept Not Barbara on the show

So do you cats not read comics because the love shyt is heavy in comics? Or is this just part of the coli narrative that women be bad in comic book adaptations?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They killed mini-Hawkman!!!!:blessed:
I know he will be back but hopefully not for a while. Dude they hired is just a bad fit for the role.
Its funny how much better a casting Dominic Purcell would have been as Hawkman if he hadn't already been playing Heatwave.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Two episodes in and better than corny arrow full season.

Captain cold is killing it every time dude talks just his whole demeanour.

I was wondering how they could fit everyone on and damn they did

Marvel should do a xmen show with a bunch of second tier characters it could work.

Darhk been around for ever

Honestly watching arrow on Wed scust then watching this :blessed:

Arrow gonna end up like law n order cancel while svu continues

Arrow is csi NY at this point

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Two episodes in and better than corny arrow full season.

Captain cold is killing it every time dude talks just his whole demeanour.

I was wondering how they could fit everyone on and damn they did

Marvel should do a xmen show with a bunch of second tier characters it could work.

Darhk been around for ever

Honestly watching arrow on Wed scust then watching this :blessed:

Arrow gonna end up like law n order cancel while svu continues

Arrow is csi NY at this point

Breh did Greg Berlanti abuse you as a child or something? For a show you dont watch or dont like, that shyt stays on your tongue. What's the deal?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Arrow betrayed me :mjcry:

I'd rather watch agents of shield or Gotham :scust: than arroe at this point.

I used to preach the word of arrow to the unbelievers not anymore

Breh did Greg Berlanti abuse you as a child or something? For a show you dont watch or dont like, that shyt stays on your tongue. What's the deal?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Arrow betrayed me :mjcry:

I'd rather watch agents of shield or Gotham :scust: than arroe at this point.

I used to preach the word of arrow to the unbelievers not anymore

Oh God pull your skirt up, Martha :russ: you'll be fine. Seems like you're only mad because there's a relationship on the show which has actually been done well this season and was not the cause for its issues last season. And like I said before, relationships, whether romantic or otherwise, have always been the cornerstone of great comic books and great comic book storytelling. There's a reason the death of Gwen Stacy is such a big deal, or why death in the family or death of the family are such great arcs. It's about the interpersonal shyt between the characters and how they interact with the people in their lives. And sometimes in order to ground these heroes, you need a romantic interest or at least something like Dig has with his brother. I forget who said it on here a year or two ago but you would be better off just watching/reading the punisher