THE DARK TOWER - (Official Thread)

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Decided I wanted to brush back up on the series.

Listening to the audio books. Finished gunslinger it was that revised version. Honestly didn't care for the changes he made. It was fine how it was. I get he wanted to make it more in line with the rest of the novels but I think that takes away from its charm,like how Peter Jackson inserted lotr connections into his hobbit films.

Started the drawing of the three. .

Gonna finally get to that new one he wrote as well. winds through the keyhole.
What changes dud he make to the gunslinger?

And the wing through the keyhole is a pretty solution read. It can be read as a standalone book as the ties to the rest of the story aren't nearly as heavy.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
What changes dud he make to the gunslinger?

And the wing through the keyhole is a pretty solution read. It can be read as a standalone book as the ties to the rest of the story aren't nearly as heavy.
Changed Jakes age. Changed the way Jakes character acted. included more references to events coming. changed the way the shootout in the town happened. There's just a lot more foreshadowing.

I don't know . the gunslinger is just one of the most interesting reads of Stephen kings career. It is so lean and straight to the point.His writing style in it was fascinating to me. There was no bloat.

The revised version adds about 35 pages and none of it makes it better.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spider man the same month,Dunkirk a week before and alien the week after.

This isn't a film that will do big opening week numbers. it needed to have legs.
Same problem in February but at least it won't share a week
Also even with Alien dropping the following week it can still draw money that week and the week after unless a big movie gets put in

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Same problem in February but at least it won't share a week
Ehhh I don't really see any big hitters in Feb. The 50 shades movie is a different market. not seeing much else. john wick a week before but the first one wasn't a blockbuster.

The great Wall will flop in most countries.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehhh I don't really see any big hitters in Feb. The 50 shades movie is a different market. not seeing much else. john wick a week before but the first one wasn't a blockbuster.

The great Wall will flop in most countries.
You are putting it up against Great Wall which they have been previewing for a couple of months now than two weeks after you have Logan.
Rings and John Wick 2 have potential to be slow burns
Fifty Shades and Fist Fight can steal couples away.