THE DARK TOWER - (Official Thread)

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

:patrice: I know its just a trailer but I'm not sure about this. Is this suppose to be a trilogy? I'm assuming Eddie, Susannah, and Oy will be in the next movie but still its too much in the books to try and stuff in this movie. I just dont know. The beams looked cool as shyt and for those asking King said himself that this story was heavily influenced by LOTR and King Arthur but the way he connects this story to a majority of his books is amazing
Edit:
I was hoping they would connect this to It and it looks like it might.

Roland was even referenced in The Mist
latest

No way Jake dies in this like the book

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
:patrice: I know its just a trailer but I'm not sure about this. Is this suppose to be a trilogy? I'm assuming Eddie, Susannah, and Oy will be in the next movie but still its too much in the books to try and stuff in this movie. I just dont know. The beams looked cool as shyt and for those asking King said himself that this story was heavily influenced by LOTR and King Arthur.

No way Jake dies in this like the book

A Dark Tower tv show >>>>>> This

They should go the American Gods route

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
A Dark Tower tv show >>>>>> This

They should go the American Gods route
Yep. They should have pitched this to HBO. Mcconaughey already has history with them. Looking at this again this looks shytty. No fukking way they gonna be able to cover all of this. Netflix wouldn't have been a bad idea either.

Edit:
Nice Pennywise drop but I hope they don't showhorn him in this and just stick to you know who.

Last edited:

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Yep. They should have pitched this to HBO. Mcconaughey already has history with them. Looking at this again this looks shytty. No fukking way they gonna be able to cover all of this. They should have went the Netflix route.

Edit:
Nice Pennywise drop but I hope they don't showhorn him in this and just stick to you know who.

Wouldn't shock me if
Dandelo
is encountered somewhere in that area Jake is walking. Would be a good way to reference Pennywise while staying somewhat true to the book.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Wouldn't shock me if
Dandelo
is encountered somewhere in that area Jake is walking. Would be a good way to reference Pennywise while staying somewhat true to the book.
Thats what I'm hoping but them showing the Pennywise sign has me thinking they gonna try to have him in this somehow. Let's hope not.

• Dap
Reactions: VBM
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Trailer didn't sell me tbh. If this wasn't Idris Elba I wouldn't be interested at all in this :francis:

My thoughts exactly...

The part at the end was cool but this looks like they really rushed it and I'm sorry to say this because Idris Elba is the Gawd but I'm getting SERIOUS "magical negro" vibes from this black man protecting this little Cac boy.

They should've kept Roland as a Cac and given Idris Bond, a role he would absolutely murder

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yep. They should have pitched this to HBO. Mcconaughey already has history with them. Looking at this again this looks shytty. No fukking way they gonna be able to cover all of this. Netflix wouldn't have been a bad idea either.

Edit:

The original plan when Ron Howard was still on board to direct was to do three films and a connected HBO series that would take place in between the movies. shyt would've been the most EPIC undertaking in cinema.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
My thoughts exactly...

The part at the end was cool but this looks like they really rushed it and I'm sorry to say this because Idris Elba is the Gawd but I'm getting SERIOUS "magical negro" vibes from this black man protecting this little Cac boy.

They should've kept Roland as a Cac and given Idris Bond, a role he would absolutely murder

That whole part looks forced to me which is why I'm asking if it's from the books. I thought this was meant to be about Elba on his own in some other world trying to reach a mysterious tower. Instead he's babysitting some boy? :what: