The CW Officially Developing a 'Batwoman' TV Series

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If David Nutter is good at one thing its convincing people a series will be good from the way he shoots a pilot

But once he peaces out and lets the actual crew film its hit and miss:patrice:

They gonna have to really have their work cut out for them on this one. She really wasnt great in the crossover, and I said she needs a great bunch of scriptwriters, great co-stars and directors for this thing to be manageable with her in the lead and she needs to try and get better on the fly

I think they'll be able to hold it together for a couple of seasons, all these CW shows kinda do

...but once it get exposed by Season 3 and 4 as all these shows do , its gonna be really :huhldup: for this one

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Breh Ruby rose really can't act. She's noticably the worse act in every film she's in. I remember a film where she didn't have lines yet still managed to the worst actor.
She got cast because she has that Androgynous look going for her .

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Yea... halfway true.....

Still I've seen interviews with cats like Kevin Bacon, Christian Slater, and Keifer Southerland speaking on it and how it used to be a bad look for a Movie star to do TV. How it was perceived at one point as degrading or your career cooling off and on the versus if you went from TV to movie you was blowing up to be big time.

I think Keifer doing 24 and being VERY successful with that and other cats doing some really good shows helped changed that percetion

Martha
Ironically the last thing I've seen Bacon in is The Following

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Gotham/Supergirl/Flash/Arrow/Legends all follow the Smallville trend.

A few piff storylines and a few good to great episodes mixed with a whole lot of filler/weak episodes that you'll either stick with or give up on. Arrow is the only show I just cannot watch anymore.

Batwoman will be the exact same, I like Gotham so if they can recreate that atmosphere I'll be good. I like how Gotham embraced the demented nature of Gotham city somewhere in season 2. Batwoman should take note, even if they can't push it as far.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
batwoman-rachel-skarsten.jpg

Batwoman Pilot Casts Reign Star as Kate Kane's Joker-esque Nemesis

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
bwn101e_0193ra.jpg

We recently found out that Batwoman had officially been ordered to series at the CW, and the network has now revealed when the show will air as part of its schedule for the 2019-2020 season.

In addition, we have a new promo image featuring Ruby Rose as Kate Kane, and Camrus Johnson as Luke Fox. You'll notice that the still also gives us a first look at the Arrowverse's take on the Batsuit.

Although it's been confirmed that The Dark Knight won't actually be showing up, it seems clear that his legacy will play a part in shaping Batwoman as Gotham's new protector.

Below, you'll find The CW's updated schedule along with a lengthy (seriously, make yourself comfortable) new synopsis for Batwoman.

SUNDAY
8PM Batwoman
9PM Supergirl

MONDAY
8PM All American
9PM Black Lightning

TUESDAY
8PM The Flash
9PM Arrow

WEDNESDAY
8PM Riverdale
9PM Nancy Drew

THURSDAY
8PM Supernatural
9PM Legacies

FRIDAY
8PM Charmed
9PM Dynasty

show synopsis
“Kate Kane (Ruby Rose) never planned to be Gotham’s new vigilante. Three years after Batman mysteriously disappeared, Gotham is a city in despair. Without the Caped Crusader, the Gotham City Police Department was overrun and outgunned by criminal gangs. Enter Jacob Kane (Dougray Scott) and his military-grade Crows Private Security, which now protects the city with omnipresent firepower and militia. Years before, Jacob’s first wife and daughter were killed in the crossfire of Gotham crime. He sent his only surviving daughter, Kate Kane, away from Gotham for her safety. After a dishonorable discharge from military school and years of brutal survival training, Kate returns home when the Alice in Wonderland gang targets her father and his security firm, by kidnapping his best Crow officer Sophie Moore (Meagan Tandy).

“Although remarried to wealthy socialite Catherine Hamilton-Kane (Elizabeth Anweis), who bankrolls the Crows, Jacob is still struggling with the family he lost, while keeping Kate –– the daughter he still has –– at a distance. But Kate is a woman who’s done asking for permission. In order to help her family and her city, she’ll have to become the one thing her father loathes –– a dark knight vigilante. With the help of her compassionate stepsister, Mary (Nicole Kang), and the crafty Luke Fox (Camrus Johnson), the son of Wayne Enterprises’ tech guru Lucius Fox, Kate Kane continues the legacy of her missing cousin, Bruce Wayne, as Batwoman. Still holding a flame for her ex-girlfriend, Sophie, Kate uses everything in her power to combat the dark machinations of the psychotic Alice (Rachel Skarsten), who’s always somewhere slipping between sane and insane. Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, Kate soars through the shadowed streets of Gotham as Batwoman. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, she must first overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.”