The CW Officially Developing a 'Batwoman' TV Series

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
I hope this shyt flops....sick of Batman shows with no Batman....dont nobody care bout this butch lesbian b:snoop:

I still cant believe that trash ass 'Gotham' show lasted as long as it did:why:....Had the Most STRUGGLE ASS BATMAN ive ever seen:russ:...who tf greenlit that :stopitslime:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Batwoman will have Hush origin, Burt Ward cameo revealed at Comic-Con panel

Batwoman's pilot screened to fans during the show's San Diego Comic-Con 2019panel Saturday, with executive producers Sarah Schechter and Caroline Dries revealing details about the cameos and characters set up for the Ruby Rose-starring show.

The upcoming season will feature an origin story for the Batman villain Hush.

"The character of Tommy Elliot ... ultimately becomes the supervillain Hush, but we're seeing his origins of why he hates Batman so much," Dries said after the pilot screening.

Also to come for classic TV fans, actor Burt Ward, who played Robin in the 1960s Batman series, will be making a cameo at some point during the show's first season.

The pilot episode, which we will dive into in a separate story, heavily features Rose's Kate Kane in many fight scenes without her costume -- a decision that was influenced by how the character is military-trained.

"She's actually getting thrown against the wall and punched in the face," Dries said, noting that Rose's character attended the fictional military academy of Point Rock Academy.

Without getting too far into spoilers, Dries and Schechter mentioned that Kane's time at the military academy would have taken place before the end of the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy, heavily affecting how Kane's experience as an out lesbian went at the military academy.

Batwoman, who previously debuted during a crossover with The CW's Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl series, will also be developing a stronger relationship with Supergirl as the shows begin to cross over further.

Dries said that, while glimpsed during the show's Elseworlds event, viewers will eventually "see that core bond move into a Kate-Kara friendship," referencing Supergirl's lead character of Kara Zor-El, played by Melissa Benoist.

Ruby Rose's casting as Batwoman was first revealed in August 2018, at the time with a confirmed appearance for the Elseworlds event with the possibility of a series. That series is now set to debut Oct. 6 on The CW.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

so its going to follow Charmed, thats WAY too much estrogen

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
The dialogue in these trailers got me
tenor.gif

This LGBTQHAJJWJEW Knight shyt is going to be Street Fighter movie terrible but without the unintentional comedy...

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I don't think the show is the problem for me, it's the actress and her acting. She's horribly miscast, has no convection in her voice & looks soft af. There's no way I would believe that she's suppose to be a former West Point Officer and trained with Mercs

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I know I'm judging a lot from a 40 second trailer, but her tone and delivery sounds flat. Is she really the best choice for Kate Kane?