The CW Officially Developing a 'Batwoman' TV Series

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Hard pass on this shyt. Do they test screen these shows?

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
DC been crushing it in regards to live action series

Titans is being renewed and Doom Patrol is getting praise in reviews

why not just get Greg Berlanti and Geoff Johns to serve as producer team going forward?

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
One can act, the other cannot.

One was pushed to the head of her franchise (ahead of earlier arrivals) based on blonde hair+blue eyes phenotype that the MCU keeps pushing as "perfection" (and because they think it will be popular) while nerf'ing brehs etc, and the other is just another female hero.

People loved stuff like this.

6070a11c5731fa0a97da009340a22f0c.gif

So the CM situation is more complex than people are making out.

im currently watching this trilogy for the first time in my life, thanks for the spoiler breh

:francis:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
DC is a complete fukking clusterfukk of really successful primetime shows but now they're making shows exclusively with DCUniverse which is starting to make things seem a little more gritty slightly grounded (kinda like Netflix's first run of MCU shows).

Batgirl looks good but it seems unnecessary at this point. I feel like Warner keeps funneling money to these execs at CW (cash grabs) but they don't funnel more of that money into their movies. Wonder Woman was a hit and Shazam is knocking it out the park on reviews and global reception.

Why not cut the cord on primetime and make more money from DCUniverse online service? :hhh:

im :snooze: of CW's soap opera ass joints man. Now we finna get 3 seasons of lesbian relationships and white feminism puns.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC is a complete fukking clusterfukk of really successful primetime shows but now they're making shows exclusively with DCUniverse which is starting to make things seem a little more gritty slightly grounded (kinda like Netflix's first run of MCU shows).

Batgirl looks good but it seems unnecessary at this point. I feel like Warner keeps funneling money to these execs at CW (cash grabs) but they don't funnel more of that money into their movies. Wonder Woman was a hit and Shazam is knocking it out the park on reviews and global reception.

Why not cut the cord on primetime and make more money from DCUniverse online service? :hhh:

im :snooze: of CW's soap opera ass joints man. Now we finna get 3 seasons of lesbian relationships and white feminism puns.
All that CW shyt makes them a lot of money with far less of a financial risk than even one movie would bring. They would be stupid to give up TV and focus solely on movies.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I wish this would've been set in the Titans Universe.

Seen a lotta folks balking at the trailer just because Batman isn't in it or because she's "disrespecting" something batman related, or because it's "copying" some bat villain.

A main point of her character is she damn near has nothing to do with Batman. Her villains aren't batman villains.

No, she's not Barbara Gordon/Batgirl. Yes, she's fukking gay, and has been gay since 2006, when she was created. No, they didn't "make her gay" for television.

I hate fukking bat stans. .

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm going through the thread, and honestly I typed that post off youtube reviews.

If any of the post above applies to you, then nah, it wasn't meant to. I'm not "not @'ing" anybody.

But if it does, then :yeshrug:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I wish this would've been set in the Titans Universe.

Seen a lotta folks balking at the trailer just because Batman isn't in it or because she's "disrespecting" something batman related, or because it's "copying" some bat villain.

A main point of her character is she damn near has nothing to do with Batman. Her villains aren't batman villains.

No, she's not Barbara Gordon/Batgirl. Yes, she's fukking gay, and has been gay since 2006, when she was created. No, they didn't "make her gay" for television.

I hate fukking bat stans. .
it seems forced in a primetime universe where no batman nor any Batman related characters have even been presented yet. Batgirl's separate life has nothing to do with Batman but her idea of vigilante justice comes entirely from Batman so it does seem awkward to start off with anything Gotham related with one of the least popular Gotham vigilantes.

Imagine in 2012 if they made the Arrow series revolving Thea instead of Oliver. Sure, its a great win for female empowerment but at the same time, NO ONE knows or even cares about Speedy as much as they care about Oliver Mcqueen. I unno imo it just seems more seamless to introduce characters in order of what story comes first instead of jumping ahead. Thats entirely why this cinematic universe is all over the place because of constant cash grabs and impatience.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
it seems forced in a primetime universe where no batman nor any Batman related characters have even been presented yet. Batgirl's separate life has nothing to do with Batman but her idea of vigilante justice comes entirely from Batman so it does seem awkward to start off with anything Gotham related with one of the least popular Gotham vigilantes.

Imagine in 2012 if they made the Arrow series revolving Thea instead of Oliver. Sure, its a great win for female empowerment but at the same time, NO ONE knows or even cares about Speedy as much as they care about Oliver Mcqueen. I unno imo it just seems more seamless to introduce characters in order of what story comes first instead of jumping ahead. Thats entirely why this cinematic universe is all over the place because of constant cash grabs and impatience.

if anybody was forcing anything, it would've been when dikk Grayson said "fukk Batman".

This isn't Batgirl/Barbara Gordon, daughter of Commissioner Gordon.

Who is Oliver McQueen.

Are they going to the Bat-Well too many times because they can't do a Robin/Red Hood show after the success of Titans? A Barbara Gordon show without her getting put in a wheelchair looming over their heads? A Cassandra Cain show, where the protagonist doesn't speak for 2 seasons?

Yeah.

Should this be shyt on by Batman stans just because it's "Not Batman"? Or it's "disrespecting Batman"? Or folks crying about agenda pushing just because they don't know the source material?

No.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
if anybody was forcing anything, it would've been when dikk Grayson said "fukk Batman".

This isn't Batgirl/Barbara Gordon, daughter of Commissioner Gordon.

Who is Oliver McQueen.

Are they going to the Bat-Well too many times because they can't do a Robin/Red Hood show after the success of Titans? A Barbara Gordon show without her getting put in a wheelchair looming over their heads? A Cassandra Cain show, where the protagonist doesn't speak for 2 seasons?

Yeah.

Should this be shyt on by Batman stans just because it's "Not Batman"? Or it's "disrespecting Batman"? Or folks crying about agenda pushing just because they don't know the source material?

No.
Titans and CW's universe is completely separate

plus dikk shytting on batman came after arrowverse did this shyt where Batman was a "myth", no robin exists, but at the same time the league of shadows and ras al ghul does?:dame:

Plus Kara and Clark are both established characters but there's no justice league?

Titans introduced a disgruntled Robin foreshadowed in a desk job which he forced himself in due to crime fighting and stress that was induced from whatever happened between him and Bruce. That story itself set the precendent as to why batman isnt in the picture (and even went further in discussing how Bruce raised dikk in Titan) whereas Batwoman just announces Batman's gone but they never even introduced nor even mentioned Bruce Wayne in any of these CW shows:hhh:

If anything, Black Lightning is a great example in setting charcaters in logical order so that it opens the opportunity to make a more comprehensive storwhere we see social struggles regarding race and opportunity, family ties, job and crime-fighting, which make for a better story simply because there's much more going on and they tie intogether alongside good acting. Using Jefferson first opens the opportunity to seamlessly introduce characters like his daughters, the possiblity of Static Shock or tie-in Vixen.

Batwoman story imo just seems like the typical army training and lost love story kinda like how people got bored of the Captain Marvel

Last edited: