The Cs Dispatched The MVP & Now Face Super Saiyan Jimmy! | Official HEAT (#8) vs. Celtics (#2) Eastern Conference Finals Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
i dont wanna see Spo lose like this :francis:

he doesn't deserve this on his resume :manny:
I was rooting for Spo & Jimmy but after droppin' the ball like this, and regressing back to the mean so hard....I don't think I wanna see this Heat team vs Joker & Murray. I want the team with the highest ceiling (C's) to make it somewhat interesting outside of the times they completely check out. Maybe they've figured something out and will be more consistent.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think NBA fans are probably the worst when it comes to discussing their sport, but it would be a real low point if they view THIS as a black mark to Spoelstra's run. Thoroughly beat the hell out of the best team in the NBA and the higher seeded Knicks, and fukked on the Celtics for 3 games with an average version of Jimmy. It's one of the best coaching runs any of us have seen
It is, but unfortunately it still doesn't change the fact that he's going to be on the wrong side of history if he losses tomorrow.

150 other teams had their own story and were able to get it done while being up 3-0 and you don't want to be the first and only one to not do it. It can and should be a part of his legacy just as the case with any other coach.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

WHEN HAVE YOU EVER
SEEN THEM GIVE A GUY
AND GOALTEND PLUS A TECH
FOR GRABBING THE RIM
ON THE SAME PLAY?

WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN
THEM REVERSE A FOUL CALL
BUT ALSO SAY THE OFFENSIVE FOUL
WAS MARGINAL CONTACT AND STILL
COUNT THE BUCKET?

THEY WERE JUST MAKING shyt
UP ON THE FLY.

:devil:
:evil:

Touching the rim in any capacity on a shot is an auto-goaltend. Grabbing the rim is a tech. They're saying he used the rim to pull himself up...auto tech. He did grab the rim. There's nothing to discuss about that, other than was it inadvertently, but you still can never grab the rim.

Players get techs for grabbing the rim or hanging on it after a dunk. It's always been the case. Touching the rim is a goaltend. It just so happens this was the same play, but one doesn't negate the other. Blame Bam for that play

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Touching the rim in any capacity on a shot is an auto-goaltend. Grabbing the rim is a tech. They're saying he used the rim to pull himself up...auto tech. He did grab the rim. There's nothing to discuss about that, other than was it inadvertently, but you still can never grab the rim.

Players get techs for grabbing the rim or hanging on it after a dunk. It's always been the case. Touching the rim is a goaltend. It just so happens this was the same play, but one doesn't negate the other. Blame Bam for that play
i forgot about all that. Man, that plus the technical foul killed them.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Al Horford pushed Bam Adebayo hairline to the back of his head. Old man doing Bam worse than he did Joel Embiid.

@iamduval been quiet.

Don’t lose on Monday. Papi getting his lock back at some point.

Been downhill since this happened.

I ain’t gone lie. Jimmy and the Heat were doing a lot of front running and antics the first 3 games. They been mild as fukk the last 3.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
is, but unfortunately it still doesn't change the fact that he's going to be on the wrong side of history if he losses tomorrow.

150 other teams had their own story and were able to get it done while being up 3-0 and you don't want to be the first and only one to not do it. It can and should be a part of his legacy just as the case with any other coach.
But no team has ever come back from 3-1 in Finals. Cavs doing that didn't tarnish Kerr's legacy.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
But no team has ever come back from 3-1 in Finals. Cavs doing that didn't tarnish Kerr's legacy.
Ehhh there's a difference with that statement as 13 teams have done that previously before in history, so Cleveland doing it wasn't that special even with it being in the finals. It should also be noted that GS team and Steve Kerr did that exact same thing the series before in the WCF against OKC.

In the case of being down 3-0, no NBA team has ever done it and it's the only North American sport where it has yet to happen, so it definitely will hold more significance and memory if it's done.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

:mjlol:DUDE GET ALL THE WAY THE
fukk OUTTA HERE WITH
THIS BULLshyt.

YOU AINT NEVER IN
YOUR LIFE SEEN A DEFENSIVE
PLAYER GET A TECH
FOR GRABBING THE RIM ON A GOALTEND.

LMAO @ TRYING TO
CONFLATE THIS WITH
UNSPORTSMAN LIKE CONDUCT
FROM AN OFFENSIVE PLAYER
HANGING ON THE RIM,