The Cs Dispatched The MVP & Now Face Super Saiyan Jimmy! | Official HEAT (#8) vs. Celtics (#2) Eastern Conference Finals Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Gil Scott-Heroin , you predicted Miami would fall off this year and be irrelevant. You proudly proclaimed and then patted yourself in the back around the time the play-in started.

I foresee the Heat falling off.

They'll go from having the #1 record in the East, to not even having a top-4 record in their conference this season. They've made no notable acquisitions, lost PJ and didn't replace him, and a number of their main players' best days are behind them (which will catch up to them sooner rather than later).

A trade(s) is the only thing saving them from becoming obsolete.

He done, bro. He's Philly cheesesteak status. He hit that wall hard last season. It's one of the main reasons why I projected the Heat to fall off this year.

This was to be expected from the Heat, tbh.
As it relates to the Heat this season, I wanna see what they do over the succeeding rounds. If this is truly reflective of them as a team (and Spo as a coach) or if the Bucks were fake all along.

The problem with this is, I wasn't under any illusion that the Warriors were winning a title this season, so you can miss me with this picking them to beat LA nonsense. Yes, of course, I wanted GS to win, but I wasn't expecting them to - I had no expectations for them. I've been saying all season long they weren't going to do shyt in the playoffs. They're fundamentally broken and weren't going to repeat. They needed to make trades and they didn't.

I never said the Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs after they made those trades at the deadline. The team before and the team after are different versions. Because let's be honest here, if Westbrook was still on y'all squad, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now.

On the matter of them being better than I thought they would - I don't think this is neither here nor there.

I group all the teams who I believe can't win a title together, and it doesn't matter who beats who, because ultimately, none of them are winning, anyway. No different to the Heat, because yes, while they made their respective conference finals, I don't take them seriously as a contender.

I guess for me the definition is different. It's not about wins/losses or whatever stage a team is at.

The 2021 Hawks were six wins away from a championship, did you classify them as contenders?

What would you rate the fall off this season, on a scale from 1 to 10?

Try not to get mad, let’s have a basketball discussion, buddy.
take-your-time.gif

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you think theyd be better if ime was at the helm?

guess williams' injury history dont help either but youd think the experience + brogdon would be enough
Probably, but horford not being what he was in last year and Rob being injured turns their front court from a strength to a weakness