šŸ¦ā€ā¬› The Crow Reboot starring Bill SkarsgĆ„rd, FKA Twigs šŸ¦ā€ā¬› (Discussion Thread)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:pachaha:Itā€™s probably trash but damn itā€™s just two pages of everyone saying itā€™s trash without actually seeing it

Someone actually watch this then confirm it for me please
I barely liked the original if i'm being honest, More so i just a fan of Bruce Lee and wanted to see his Son become a major star.
Not a hero that needs to be remade for every generation. i don't need the crow without brandon lee.

Didn't watch either:lolbron:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Well since today was payday and my day off and so because I was bored I was willing to go see this remake for myself so I took the hit for all of us to go see a matinee showing and my review for The Crow 2024 is...
bubba-trash.gif
. I'll put some spoiler juelzing thoughts down below:

This movie was shockingly bland as fukk! I don't know what I was expecting but I expected a whole lot more than what I saw.

Eric No Draven was some generic ass white boy with some random ass backstory... something about a horse or something. He was just a tatted up pill popper with nothing else going on in his life til he met Shelly.

Shelly was basically like these modern day molly taking thots where all they do is party, take all of your drugs and slam ass... basically a pass-around. Got involved with some shady ass people pretty much got Eric killed since he was pretty much innocent by default.

None of the villains stood out at all. Danny Huston was playing himself but sleepwalking through the movie. Danny as "The Axe-Man of New Orleans" in American Horror Story was 1000x better than how he was in this movie. I didn't understand his motivations other than "I'm rich and I steal souls..." he was basically playing the role of Mundus in the Devil May Cry: DMC game that everyone hated.

I hated the fact that this bytch Shelly KNEW that people were after her but decided to chill and party instead of leaving town and laying the lowest of lowes.... no wonder the henchmen had ZERO problems locating her and killing her. I also hated the fact that Eric died due to falling in love, partying and reading poetry with a chick he known for no more than a 2-3 weeks.

The soundtrack was meh outside maybe 3-4 80's songs that I fukks with. Just like Star Wars, Doctor Who, Terminator, Star Trek, Scooby Doo and ALL of the reboots and remakes that's happened the past 10 years this film felt like it was made by people who had no idea of what The Crow was and didn't bother reading the source material because it felt shallow. Current day Hollywood is a pitiful unoriginal mess. Don't watch this film brehs... I did that so hopefully you won't have to go through that.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Well since today was payday and my day off and so because I was bored I was willing to go see this remake for myself so I took the hit for all of us to go see a matinee showing and my review for The Crow 2024 is...
bubba-trash.gif
. I'll put some spoiler juelzing thoughts down below:

This movie was shockingly bland as fukk! I don't know what I was expecting but I expected a whole lot more than what I saw.

Eric No Draven was some generic ass white boy with some random ass backstory... something about a horse or something. He was just a tatted up pill popper with nothing else going on in his life til he met Shelly.

Shelly was basically like these modern day molly taking thots where all they do is party, take all of your drugs and slam ass... basically a pass-around. Got involved with some shady ass people pretty much got Eric killed since he was pretty much innocent by default.

None of the villains stood out at all. Danny Huston was playing himself but sleepwalking through the movie. Danny as "The Axe-Man of New Orleans" in American Horror Story was 1000x better than how he was in this movie. I didn't understand his motivations other than "I'm rich and I steal souls..." he was basically playing the role of Mundus in the Devil May Cry: DMC game that everyone hated.

I hated the fact that this bytch Shelly KNEW that people were after her but decided to chill and party instead of leaving town and laying the lowest of lowes.... no wonder the henchmen had ZERO problems locating her and killing her. I also hated the fact that Eric died due to falling in love, partying and reading poetry with a chick he known for no more than a 2-3 weeks.

The soundtrack was meh outside maybe 3-4 80's songs that I fukks with. Just like Star Wars, Doctor Who, Terminator, Star Trek, Scooby Doo and ALL of the reboots and remakes that's happened the past 10 years this film felt like it was made by people who had no idea of what The Crow was and didn't bother reading the source material because it felt shallow. Current day Hollywood is a pitiful unoriginal mess. Don't watch this film brehs... I did that so hopefully you won't have to go through that.
:russ:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I fkd with it,

and it's open for a sequel. If you a meat head and like 100% action don't bother, but there's some clear hidden meanings in this shyt. Dark sinister shyt. When the last action picks up, it's ultraviolent. The last HR of the movie is fire to me

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I fkd with it,

and it's open for a sequel. If you a meat head and like 100% action don't bother, but there's some clear hidden meanings in this shyt. Dark sinister shyt. When the last action picks up, it's ultraviolent. The last HR of the movie is fire to me

They need to lay this series ro rest if they re upping with this type of shyt. First joan was a goth classiq.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Im hearing some conflicting shyt, my boy stoneythagreat says its a good movie so long as you dont go in expecting the original and judge it as its own thing. He usually isnt afraid to go in on a movie and call it dog shyt.

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched it lastnight. It was decent flick, my only issue was it felt like it was trying hard to be complex. It fell short with the attempt and it wasnā€™t required.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Im hearing some conflicting shyt, my boy stoneythagreat says its a good movie so long as you dont go in expecting the original and judge it as its own thing. He usually isnt afraid to go in on a movie and call it dog shyt.

But how can you not judge it based on the first one :mjlol: same name and plot.