🐦‍⬛ The Crow Reboot starring Bill Skarsgård, FKA Twigs 🐦‍⬛ (Discussion Thread)

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Watched it lastnight. It was decent flick, my only issue was it felt like it was trying hard to be complex. It fell short with the attempt and it wasn’t required.
i dont think it's trying to be that complex, on a scale of Zero to Interstellar to TENET. there's glaring messages in the movie that shouldn't go over anyone's head

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can't judge the batman and batman begins based off of everything you saw in Batman 89.

I get that every reboot tries to do its own thing, but it's ridiculous to pretend you shouldn't compare it to the original when it literally uses the same name and story. It's not like The Batman or Batman Begins completely ditched everything that made Batman 89 iconic. They evolved the character while respecting the core elements. If this new Crow film wants to use the same name and basic plot, it's asking for comparisons, and it better live up to the legacy or at least justify why it exists. So yeah, it will be judged against the 1994 film, because that's the standard it set.

Lucha Vandross

Rhythm & High Spots
Daps
Man damn the critics I thought this was solid. The review bombing is crazy lol. Think this could be one of the ones were the critic score is way off from the audience.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I get that every reboot tries to do its own thing, but it's ridiculous to pretend you shouldn't compare it to the original when it literally uses the same name and story. It's not like The Batman or Batman Begins completely ditched everything that made Batman 89 iconic. They evolved the character while respecting the core elements. If this new Crow film wants to use the same name and basic plot, it's asking for comparisons, and it better live up to the legacy or at least justify why it exists. So yeah, it will be judged against the 1994 film, because that's the standard it set.
The plot the Brandon Lee flick is based on is the exact same plot they based this flick on

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The plot the Brandon Lee flick is based on is the exact same plot they based this flick on

be that as it may the vibe and motivations seem way different.

first film was some dark, gritty, tragic goth shyt.

I'm getting Leto joker from this. FKA twigs is probably an abysmal actor and from what I'm gathering they are just junkies who got got :mjlol:

I'mma go see this cuz the OG is one of my favorite movies and one of my friend groups wants to see it. but it def looks like ass.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
be that as it may the vibe and motivations seem way different.

first film was some dark, gritty, tragic goth shyt.

I'm getting Leto joker from this. FKA twigs is probably an abysmal actor and from what I'm gathering they are just junkies who got got :mjlol:

I'mma go see this cuz the OG is one of my favorite movies and one of my friend groups wants to see it. but it def looks like ass.
The plot was always the same, some edgy goth couple gets bodied by some lowlives and Eric Draven comes back for revenge.

Sprinkle in whatever plot devices to get from point A to B but it's still the same shyt.