🐦‍⬛ The Crow Reboot starring Bill Skarsgård, FKA Twigs 🐦‍⬛ (Discussion Thread)

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
don't spoil but is this generally worth a watch?

If you are attached to the crow emotionally for any reason.

I would avoid this.

If you want a movie with skaarsgard.
as an action guy.
Just watch the movie.
where, skaarsgarf is deaf and mute. Which is world's better. Yet similar style of matinee action b movie film making.

I didn't hate it:hubie:
The love story took too long to setup but once he becomes the Crow I thought it was fine.
The action scenes were great.
I think this is going to go on a run once it hits streaming.

Speculating....
the crow was probably remade. So they could reuse it.
as an ol school tnt slash keanu revees in the film, speed. network spam style movie to air.
As the original crow had a tnt run on loop era. Plus the crow tv show had a syndicated run.
a number of times as well.

Maybe this reboot crow movie was made.
to be a new revenue grab ip for national syndication.

Man damn the critics I thought this was solid. The review bombing is crazy lol. Think this could be one of the ones were the critic score is way off from the audience.

This movie needed to be titled completely different...as this movie for all intents in purposes. Really does not fit into .
what a crow movie was marketed to the public as. Plus the first issue with this movie centrally is. Where is the crow?

Why is this a crow movie?

This movie could have been billed as sumfin else and not even called the crow. This movie feels like some exec. Sat in an office and was talking to a admin. Where the admin was reading scripts. Then said exec came across THis one. Where it was thought. Oh sounds like the crow.
won't work.
Then someone chimed in like.
Oh I think.
we own.
the crow ip.

Then they just bundled THIS MOVIE script.
into being the crow.

as real talk.
skaaragard makes no sense in tHis movie. As he already has a movie.
with a revenge themed killin hero.
as a plot device for movie and character

this movie should have been a total different property. As it is not even told stylisitcally.
or in any way remotely close.
to what the film adaptation of the crow inherently is.

This movie starts out bad.
AS it goes immediately to bad Gothic b movie bad. As the trope of the white horse from the Rob zombie Halloween makes an appearance. That although I enjoy the zombie Halloween reboot. I had to watch the directors cut commentary dvd. to understand the white horse trope from zombie's Halloween.
When the white horse trope killed zombie's Halloween remake. Which i actually enjoy.
more than the overcommercialized bastsrdiazation of multiple sequel original halloween run with jaime lee curtis.

with this rebooted crow movie. This movie opens up with the white horse trope of doom.
With again no explanation.
of why a white horse is in the movie. There is not one deftones white pony record in this movie. Or any good rock. So why is this white horse rock band makes film trope in this movie?

so if you wondering what makes this movie bad from being good. It is from these two global factors from the beginning of the film.

No crow ????
White horse trope ?????

Plus to be a reboot. This launch does not understand. Sonically.
If trent reznor was not personally.
going to score this movie. It should not have been made.

the first crow soundtrack is the best rock compilation soundtrack ever made. It does more than define an entire era. It also shows how to use sonic landscapes.
to craft a whole new world During the film.
Even if it is shrouded in Gothic mystery. This movie completely lacks.
the sonic mastery.
that the original crow is a classic for as well.

only thing this movie is good for. Is to revisit this for comparison. When real talk.
the crow is a sacred personal thing for me. That fukk no i will not be objective. As the crow is how I exactly dealt with the death of my girlfriend. Where I lost my girlfriend exactly like James o barr did. That this movie is more than just a movie. So if I can not be objective and you think it ruins my perspective. Then I would recommend you go see this movie. Yet if you value your time. I would avoid this film all together. Regardless of my personal internal attachment to the ip of the crow.

best viewed as a cam level bootleg of the week movie.
Downloaded on thursday premiere day.
then after one eventfuk viewing.
swapped and kept out of cycle.
for the deadpool and wolvie cam download.
frim the privacy enabled bootleg app on loop in the background

Art Barr

Last edited:

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
If you are attached to the crow emotionally for any reason.

I would avoid this.

If you want a movie with skaarsgard.
as an action guy.
Just watch the movie.
where, skaarsgarf is deaf and mute. Which is world's better. Yet similar style of matinee action b movie film making.

Speculating....
the crow was probably remade. So they could reuse it.
as an ol school tnt slash keanu revees in the film, speed. network spam style movie to air.
As the original crow had a tnt run on loop era. Plus the crow tv show had a syndicated run.
a number of times as well.

Maybe this reboot crow movie was made.
to be a new revenue grab ip for national syndication.

This movie needed to be titled completely different...as this movie for all intents in purposes. Really does not fit into .
what a crow movie was marketed to the public as. Plus the first issue with this movie centrally is. Where is the crow?

Why is this a crow movie?

This movie could have been billed as sumfin else and not even called the crow. This movie feels like some exec. Sat in an office and was talking to a admin. Where the admin was reading scripts. Then said exec came across THis one. Where it was thought. Oh sounds like the crow.
won't work.
Then someone chimed in like.
Oh I think.
we own.
the crow ip.

Then they just bundled THIS MOVIE script.
into being the crow.

as real talk.
skaaragard makes no sense in tHis movie. As he already has a movie.
with a revenge themed killin hero.
as a plot device for movie and character

this movie should have been a total different property. As it is not even told stylisitcally.
or in any way remotely close.
to what the film adaptation of the crow inherently is.

This movie starts out bad.
AS it goes immediately to bad Gothic b movie bad. As the trope of the white horse from the Rob zombie Halloween makes an appearance. That although I enjoy the zombie Halloween reboot. I had to watch the directors cut commentary dvd. to understand the white horse trope from zombie's Halloween.
When the white horse trope killed zombie's Halloween remake. Which i actually enjoy.
more than the overcommercialized bastsrdiazation of multiple sequel original halloween run with jaime lee curtis.

with this rebooted crow movie. This movie opens up with the white horse trope of doom.
With again no explanation.
of why a white horse is in the movie. There is not one deftones white pony record in this movie. Or any good rock. So why is this white horse rock band makes film trope in this movie?

so if you wondering what makes this movie bad from being good. It is from these two global factors from the beginning of the film.

No crow ????
White horse trope ?????

Plus to be a reboot. This launch does not understand. Sonically.
If trent reznor was not personally.
going to score this movie. It should not have been made.

the first crow soundtrack is the best rock compilation soundtrack ever made. It does more than define an entire era. It also shows how to use sonic landscapes.
to craft a whole new world During the film.
Even if it is shrouded in Gothic mystery. This movie completely lacks.
the sonic mastery.
that the original crow is a classic for as well.

only thing this movie is good for. Is to revisit this for comparison. When real talk.
the crow is a sacred personal thing for me. That fukk no i will not be objective. As the crow is how I exactly dealt with the death of my girlfriend. Where I lost my girlfriend exactly like James o barr did. That this movie is more than just a movie. So if I can not be objective and you think it ruins my perspective. Then I would recommend you go see this movie. Yet if you value your time. I would avoid this film all together. Regardless of my personal internal attachment to the ip of the crow.

best viewed as a cam level bootleg of the week movie.
Downloaded on thursday premiere day.
then after one eventfuk viewing.
swapped and kept out of cycle.
for the deadpool and wolvie cam download.
frim the privacy enabled bootleg app on loop in the background

Art Barr

I agree (in regards to the 1994 version). Both the soundtrack and score were phenomenal imo :blessed:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
As a huge fan of the OG…

This wasnt terrible :patrice:

Best movie I ever seen naw but it was fine…never let fka twigs act again though. Biggest issue is how bad a actor she is lol, like u really needed to sell their love for him to be ready to eternally crash out n i bought billys but shorty was bad. And i loovveeee her irl persona n music

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw this on Wednesday. shyt was CHEEKS.

Weird choices in pacing, and somehow nowhere near enough character building to justify the weird pacing. Not enough action, and it seemed like they were somehow trying too hard to get themselves an R rating. Inexplicable character choices kind've drive the main part of the plot. And FKA Twigs is a very talented person, but acting definitely doesn't seem to be one of those talents. Although in fairness, she was given absolute fukking dogwater for dialogue.

Just all around bad effort, even when considered completely separate from the original movie.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
It was okay the middle part dragged, I hated how he was nonchalantly acting like he wasn't dead. If I took a piss I'd not even know he was dead. The main villain was fukking corny with his powers and idk how he exactly has them. Hated his dumbass cliche "look what I made you" speech he gives at the end. shyt wasn't bad its just nothing special.

I understand the sequels all struggled with trying to be original and not copy too much of the first, but maybe they should have just Eric Draven a martial artist again to create a sense of familiarity and give the audience parts of the movie to look forward too.

Even all the comics that came after the original story are all pretty much forgettable.

Last edited:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
PRETEND THE HALF WHITE
BRANDON LEE DIDNT
LOOK LIKE A WHITE MAN BREAUGHS.

brandon-lee.jpg

:devil:
:evil:
Lol he's Bruce Lee's son, he's as Asian as possible

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
We should also have known what to expect judging by the actor who played the villain. He only stars in straight to Walmart DVD shyt

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I aint watching this shyt off principal. First one was too iconic. It was a different time and no way will they do it justice.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
The more I think about it the more disrespectful it becomes lol. They didn't use any plot points besides the names Eric & Shelly. He was just some dude who couldn't die.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I didn't hate it:hubie:
The love story took too long to setup but once he becomes the Crow I thought it was fine.
The action scenes were great.
I think this is going to go on a run once it hits streaming.
Basically this

I dont mind the movie, especially if you understand The Crow movies/books. Its literally just the same story just different circumstances not even a real remake of the first.

But thats exactly how I feel about it. It wasnt bad at all once the love shyt ends. More gory than I expected. Once dude really became the crow it got better.