The Criterion Channel officially launches....TODAY

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Man, hate to do it, but decided to cancel before my trial ended. Watched a few I'd been wanting to see...but I own so many, and most others are on Kanopy or eventually on TCM that I couldn't justify it

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Watching Floating Weeds right now:wow:, but adding that to the list:blessed:
i been on a major Ozu tear the last week. Late Spring, Early Summer, Tokyo Story and Good Morning. Late Spring one of my favorite movies now i think shyt is flawless.

Whats crazy with Ozu is he does variations of the same thing for basically all his movies (same types of shots and all about Japanese family dynamics) but its always so beautiful and slightly different I never feel its repetitive

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Only took you 4 years

Thread title needs to be changed. Lol at network

:mjlol:No wonder why this thread collected dust. Giving folks wrong directions.

Fixed:mjgrin:

On another note, I binged the living hell out of the Quincy Jones Score collection.

The Anderson Tapes had me and my son like :damn::whew::mjcry::lupe::banderas:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
i might quit mubi after next week and link up with the channel

source.gif

Breh, I'm eating good with both subscriptions :wow:. Like I went through half the 30 movies on Mubi, and moved on to the Quincy Jones score collection on Criterion Channel.

If I'm in the mood for the most obscure shyt possible= Mubi

If I want to catch a old flick or something powerful= Criterion

I wish Fandor wasn't dead spiritually :mjcry:. Majority of their movie were dog shyt but it was meaningful dog shyt.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
source.gif

Breh, I'm eating good with both subscriptions :wow:. Like I went through half the 30 movies on Mubi, and moved on to the Quincy Jones score collection on Criterion Channel.

If I'm in the mood for the most obscure shyt possible= Mubi

If I want to catch a old flick or something powerful= Criterion

I wish Fandor wasn't dead spiritually :mjcry:. Majority of their movie were dog shyt but it was meaningful dog shyt.
mainly just cause i use mubi inconsistently. there are some movies they have ive seen that are really good and i never would have seen otherwise but for the most part its a streaming service i havent been using a ton and dont want to pay for. and i can often find the stuff they show on torrents.

whereas criterion actually has some material i cant find torrents for

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
mainly just cause i use mubi inconsistently. there are some movies they have ive seen that are really good and i never would have seen otherwise but for the most part its a streaming service i havent been using a ton and dont want to pay for. and i can often find the stuff they show on torrents.

whereas criterion actually has some material i cant find torrents for

Touche:ehh:

The exclusives is the main reason why I have my subscription. Beyond that its a toss because last week been kinda ass with the stuff they been putting out:camby: