The conversation with darkskinned men

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Black men never do it cause they don't want them to replace them in representation I've found.

What kind of representation are you referring to?

IMO, a lot of this colorist madness comes from how we associate color with gender (darker = masculine, lighter = feminine). Unless the overall aesthetic people seek out or see in black men specifically takes a turn towards the more androgynous, I don't think lighter skinned men will become the representation of black men

Could also happen when people stop associating skin color with other qualities besides how easily you'll burn in the sun. But we clearly have a long way to go on that

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Please expound
When it comes to the grievances black women feel with biracial women representing us, black men don't care because they don't have the same issues with biracial men. They are few and far between. The idea of masculinity is more in line with dark skin than light skin. The stereotype is always that they're emotional, soft, weak. For black women, and women in general, being soft and emotional is seen as a good trait so biracial women get that advantage.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
Colorism does exist in the black community due to eurocentric brainwashing. I've met both black man and women who want light skinned black people as significant others, and light skinned black children children. I see this mostly when black people are young and uneducated about their history. It also has a lot to do with the white jesus complex many black people, especially black women suffer from. In addition to that although colorism does exist in the black community pretty is pretty regardless of complexion. I'm saying that even when a girl/guy is attractive they were still given props regardless of their complexion.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Colorism does exist in the black community due to eurocentric brainwashing. I've met both black man and women who want light skinned black people as significant others, and light skinned black children children. I see this mostly when black people are young and uneducated about their history. It also has a lot to do with the white jesus complex many black people, especially black women suffer from. In addition to that although colorism does exist in the black community pretty is pretty regardless of complexion. I'm saying that even when a girl/guy is attractive they were still given props regardless of their complexion.
That's true. But the issue isn't a matter of beauty it's a matter that darksinned voixe voice being shut down out pf jealousy. It's very destructive.

Already

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought people were done with this topic. Dark nikkas and light hoes worship each other. THat's just how it is. I don't know why this gets so much attention when caucasoids had a genocide over hair color and all cave girls are fake blondes. That race has MUCH more color issues than black people will ever have.

If you a light homie or a dark girl, you might as well just date whatever race you want, b/c those groups are never going to be put on a pedestal in the black community. No use in getting upset over things you can't change. Just use the world to your advantage.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I thought people were done with this topic. Dark nikkas and light hoes worship each other. THat's just how it is. I don't know why this gets so much attention when caucasoids had a genocide over hair color and all cave girls are fake blondes. That race has MUCH more color issues than black people will ever have.

If you a light homie or a dark girl, you might as well just date whatever race you want, b/c those groups are never going to be put on a pedestal in the black community. No use in getting upset over things you can't change. Just use the world to your advantage.
:ehh:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Yet JBO/TLR has numerous threads worshipping them so I think many black men care.
So what you're really saying is y'all want to get fukked by the same dudes too and feel you can't? That's what I hear because just because some dude want to fukk a chick don't mean he want to be with her long term. Can't believe some of you chicks still haven't figured this out yet. So insecure but online seems to have a lot,of,this regardless of,the gender. Also basing your views on online is a fukking super L too from jump

Edit: I'm also tired of everything also about darkskin this darkskin that regardless of what gender it is. FOH like light skin cats don't do anything that's a problem. People straight weirdos on some weird reverse color fetish and fukk that chick and her silly story stop hanging around morons.