The Console War is over... For me at least

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i never buy on launch. ive never had an xbox but some or my fam has. i was initially interested in illumiroom and augmented reality but they stopped talking about it completely. nothing else so far has me the least bit excited about x1.

im not getting a ps4 on launch either. i just havent seen a real reason to rush out. i will almost definitely get one eventually, ive had a ps1,2 and 3 and am confident in sony as a gaming company, i just dont see a need to rush. so yeah im gonna wait it out.

in the meantime i recently got a wii u and just started pc gaming this year so im good for the time being. ill prolly pick up the next console mid next year.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I want to do it... But maaaan that stuff costs too much. Plus I'm all about online play. I'd strongly consider it if you told me that 2k played lag free on pc.
It doesn't "cost too much" outside of the initial investment, but it really depends on what kind of gamer you are.

If all you are is COD/Sports guy...then yeah its probably best you stick to consoles as the savings wont be significant on the PC. You need to buy anywhere from 5-7 games on the PC a year for it to be worth it IMO, over a console lifespan you are probably saving anywhere from $10-$25 per game on average.

Multiply that by 7 years or so, then dump the money saved into parts. PC is all about evolving and never settling...nothing is static, just ask @2gunsup @Malta and the rest of the goons in the PC thread if you are really interested.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It doesn't "cost too much" outside of the initial investment, but it really depends on what kind of gamer you are.

If all you are is COD/Sports guy...then yeah its probably best you stick to consoles as the savings wont be significant on the PC. You need to buy anywhere from 5-7 games on the PC a year for it to be worth it IMO, over a console lifespan you are probably saving anywhere from $10-$25 per game on average.

Multiply that by 7 years or so, then dump the money saved into parts. PC is all about evolving and never settling...nothing is static, just ask @2gunsup @Malta and the rest of the goons in the PC thread if you are really interested.

If I do it... I want to do it riiiight. I'm talking highest settings possible. 3d gaming. etc...

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I do it... I want to do it riiiight. I'm talking highest settings possible. 3d gaming. etc...
Chances are if you have a PC or laptop bought in the last couple of years you could start low level right now just to test the waters without the big investment. Then if you feel like it could work for you, you could start looking into what you need specifically for high level gaming.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I dunno man, I was on the fence on whether or not to early adopt after going thru the early 360 days. That and the fact that at the time of these announcements, I was doing everything else, had little time devoted to gaming, and when I did - the xbox was on for netflix.

Summer is over, these consoles are launching during the beginnings of my hibernation, the NBA season that I'm usually looking forward to is a tanking year for my Raptors - I'm gonna be in the need for a few distractions so a new console that has a bit of everything will be perfect for me

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
3D gaming? :dahell:

I thought we were passed the whole 3D fad by now? NOBODY cares about that

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
3D gaming? :dahell:

I thought we were passed the whole 3D fad by now? NOBODY cares about that

How could you be past the 3d fad are people that didn't do it. Black ops 2 in 3d is remarkable. I hear tomb raider pc 3d is pretty ill.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chances are if you have a PC or laptop bought in the last couple of years you could start low level right now just to test the waters without the big investment. Then if you feel like it could work for you, you could start looking into what you need specifically for high level gaming.

My laptop is decent for it. minus the overheating and shutting down LOL

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
How could you be past the 3d fad are people that didn't do it. Black ops 2 in 3d is remarkable. I hear tomb raider pc 3d is pretty ill.
Breh just follow the trends. 3D was an attempt to grab more people's money.

Not many people are buying in. ESPN even dropped their 3D channel, its a niche market that is only getting smaller.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh just follow the trends. 3D was an attempt to grab more people's money.

Not many people are buying in. ESPN even dropped their 3D channel, its a niche market that is only getting smaller.

That sucks. When they did that 3d Finals a few years ago it was better than Avatar. and it was basketball.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
More PR spin. They fighting hard though. Problem is if they wanna make a big impact, the price is the factor and they aren't budging. That and their pre 180 stance is still in lots of people's minds.
The people at Microsoft must think its still the 90s. PR has evolved and you are no longer allowed to make big mistakes like they made and get away with it.

Twitter blew up seconds after Mattrick was up there hot breathing the whole intro thinking people were going to buy in. Dudes had fake crowd stand-ins "clapping" and "wooing" every BS his crew threw out there to the point that journalists even had to confirm that it was not them doing all of that :laugh:

I swear there has to be a professor fixing up a lesson to teach in the Winter session...this is PR disaster in the modern world. Microsoft needs to catch up.