The Color Purple (2023)

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Was all that lesbian shyt in the OG?

Why yall think it failed.
Man. I'm calling it now, this shyt finna be microwaved caca. Nasty like that horrible Harriet Tubman movie
That movie was decent and the Aretha one was too.

Don't hate on Cynthia Erivio.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Was all that lesbian shyt in the OG?

Why yall think it failed.

That movie was decent and the Aretha one was too.

Don't hate on Cynthia Erivio.
Ok. Idk who the fucc Cynthia Ervio is but I know for damn sure a Harriet Tubman flick ain't supposed to have a BLACK MAN

as the main villain
SMH

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Ok. Idk who the fucc Cynthia Ervio is but I know for damn sure a Harriet Tubman flick ain't supposed to have a BLACK MAN

as the main villain
SMH
lol forgot about that but cmon you know our people can be our own worse enemy. Im sure Harriet had to deal with house ninjas breh don't act oblivious.

Cynthia is the one who played Harriet Tubman.

Last edited:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
lol forgot about that but cmon you know our people he our own worse enemy. Im sure Harriet had to deal with house ninjas breh don't act oblivious.

Tells me all I need to know .
Disappointing.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Tells me all I need to know .
Disappointing.
Lmao a spell check error? Still doesn't negate what I'm saying. We tear each other down and I'm sure the real Harriet Tubman had to deal with house nikkas or else she wouldn't have been successful.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
lol forgot about that but cmon you know our people can be our own worse enemy. Im sure Harriet had to deal with house ninjas breh don't act oblivious.

Nah that character NEVER existed and he was created by a white producer on some bullshyt. How you adding a fictional character into an AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL movie :stopitslime:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Saw it with my wife yesterday, it was a damn good movie that exceeded my expectations cause I’m always skeptical of remakes and musicals in general. Stayed true to the original plus I liked the additions.
Agreed.

90 million budget was kinda eye opening. That's really high for this type of movie, let alone a black one.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Watched last night. Beautiful movie. It being a musical has its faults in terms of storytelling but on the other hand, made it for it with a lot of these songs, choreography and photography.

Danielle Brooks fully deserved that nomination though I'm kinda surprised fantasia wasn't - though this year was admittedly crazy so a win is a win but fantasia blew my fukking mind in this. Had no idea this was the shyt she was up to or capable of it.

And Ciara at the end?

:blessed:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

:beli: How do you know that?

The famous quote of her's has proven to be fake. :beli:

THE FACTS: An image of Tubman is circulating online with the quote about freeing slaves. Kate Clifford Larson, a historian and Harriet Tubman scholar, told The Associated Press that Tubman never said used that phrase.

The "Historian expert" on that Tubman film basically said she made it up. And that the idea that they're were independent black male slave catcher was also conjecture that she couldn't prove actually happened.

She was arguing with ppl on Twitter about it, around the time the film came out.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Watching now. Only a hour so I'm undecided. But I hate to say to say this about a legend but Louis Gossett should not be Paw. :flabbynsick:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
That new The Color Purple movie is already on Max.

Watching now. Only a hour so I'm undecided. But I hate to say to say this about a legend but Louis Gossett should not be Paw. :flabbynsick:
Literally saw this thing 2 weeks ago! I would’ve just canceled if I had known I could watch it for free at home :stopitslime:

I saw it was available for purchase/rent but I didn’t know hbo was gonna have it a week later Smdh

Aw well. Taraji can’t say I didn’t support :hubie: