The Coli's top 10 Mystery/Suspense Voting Thread. Vol: Edge of My Seat, Breh

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
just finished TimeCrimes :whew:

and I wanna shout out "The Skin I Live in" another spanish film I really enjoyed

Spanish films are :lawd:

Last edited:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Man, I'm gonna struggle to finalize this list.

I'm leaning towards films that are legit MYSTERIES, as far as where the story is head....like whodunits.....

...but what about mysteries where the audience knows who the villain is, and the plot is the story of how the rest of the characters find out?

:mindblown:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Man, I'm gonna struggle to finalize this list.

I'm leaning towards films that are legit MYSTERIES, as far as where the story is head....like whodunits.....

...but what about mysteries where the audience knows who the villain is, and the plot is the story of how the rest of the characters find out?

:mindblown:

this is where i'm struggling a bit as well. been tinkinering my top 10 and HM all week.

i lean towards one's where we don't really know what's happening until the end rather than the opposite aka something like Cape Fear where we know who the bad guy is and the rest unfolds

that's a really shytty example but i hope you get my point :heh:

Last edited:

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Have a feeling we will be tinkering with our lists up until the voting stops..
But that's what makes this such a good top ten ..:obama:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
1. The Third Man
2. Double Indemnity
3. Harakiri
4. Chinatown
5. Diabolique
6. Strangers On A Train
7. The Sixth Sense
8. Zodiac
9. Gone Baby Gone
10. Blood Simple

Honorable Mentions

1. Three Colors: Red
  • Kieslowski's trilogy is a masterpiece, but they're all more atmospherically mysterious than outright mystery films. Thus, I took it off my list.
2. Picnic At Hanging Rock
  • A deeply mysterious film, Peter Weir masterfully creates a complete atmosphere if uncertainty. You may or may not like the ending though.
3. Rififi
  • A place holder for all great heist films, thought I consider it the greatest, just in case we don't get around to make that Top 10.
4. Vertigo
  • Might as well just put HITCHCOCK here. I limited myself to one Hitch film in my Top 10, just because it might be 50% of the list otherwise. Vertigo, Shadow Of A Doubt, The Lady Vanishes, Rear Window...I consider them all masterpieces.
5. Out Of The Past
  • A placeholder for about a dozen other film noir films I love that might go on my Top 10 at any given time...including Laura, The Maltese Falcon, The Stranger, Murder My Sweet, etc.

:manny:

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
1. The Third Man
2. Double Indemnity
3. Harakiri
4. Chinatown
5. Diabolique
6. Strangers On A Train
7. The Sixth Sense
8. Zodiac
9. Gone Baby Gone
10. Blood Simple

Honorable Mentions

• Kieslowski's trilogy is a masterpiece, but they're all more atmospherically mysterious than outright mystery films. Thus, I took it off my list.
  • A deeply mysterious film, Peter Weir masterfully creates a complete atmosphere if uncertainty. You may or may not like the ending though.
3. Rififi
  • A place holder for all great heist films, thought I consider it the greatest, just in case we don't get around to make that Top 10.
4. Vertigo
  • Might as well just put HITCHCOCK here. I limited myself to one Hitch film in my Top 10, just because it might be 50% of the list otherwise. Vertigo, Shadow Of A Doubt, The Lady Vanishes, Rear Window...I consider them all masterpieces.
5. Out Of The Past
  • A placeholder for about a dozen other film noir films I love that might go on my Top 10 at any given time...including Laura, The Maltese Falcon, The Stranger, Murder My Sweet, etc.

DAMN good list :obama:
This is what I'm talking about..

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
1. The Third Man
2. Double Indemnity
3. Harakiri
4. Chinatown
5. Diabolique
6. Strangers On A Train
7. The Sixth Sense
8. Zodiac
9. Gone Baby Gone
10. Blood Simple

Honorable Mentions

3. Rififi
4. Vertigo
5. Out Of The Past

Good list breh, I still have to peep Harakiri, rififi, 3 colors rouge and picnic. The first 3 are on deck though.

Also watching High and Low this week

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Good list breh, I still have to peep Harakiri, rififi, 3 colors rouge and picnic. The first 3 are on deck though.

Also watching High and Low this week

Yea i need to see Harakiri, and i still haven't checked out 3 colors..

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
220px-Bound_movie_poster.jpg

...this is also a personal favorite noir:jawalrus: