The Coli's top 10 Mystery/Suspense Voting Thread. Vol: Edge of My Seat, Breh

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
brehs we only got 10 days of voting left..

let's get some more lists we need em

and if you didn't include them start formulating your 5 honorable mentions

#movieclub
#colitopten
You never tagged everyone breh.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
help me out brehs i tagged everyone i could think of initially in the OP

this time i just used the movie club and top ten tags :manny:
I also think a lot of people can't come up with a good list for this genre because so many films can fall into this category and most people aren't experts enough or confident enough to make a solid top 10. I'm even looking at my list today and thinking of redoing it because so many other movies I realized can fall into this genre. Bond and Bourne movies would flood my top 10 if I didn't know about Hitchcock.

Last edited:

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I also think a lot of people can't come up with a good list for this genre because so many films can fall into this category and most people aren't experts enough or confident enough to make a solid top 10. I'm even looking at my list today and thinking of redoing it because so many other movies I realized can fall into this genre. Bond and Bourne movies would flood my top 10 if I didn't know about Hitchcock.

That why i really like this top ten, it gives you a chance to see and kind of come up with your own opinion..
There are some really great movies on everyone's list, that i would have never thought about.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

That why i really like this top ten, it gives you a chance to see and kind of come up with your own opinion..
There are some really great movies on everyone's list, that i would have never thought about.

this.

if anything it should make it easier since you can include so many different types of flicks.

it's insanely versatile

but i see what you're saying

sci fi will be a bigger hit in a few months

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
this.

if anything it should make it easier since you can include so many different types of flicks.

it's insanely versatile

but i see what you're saying

sci fi will be a bigger hit in a few months
I really think sci fi will be just as hard. Sooo much debate can be done on what is sci-fi and not sci-fi. When I hear sci-fi I immediately think SPACE, but thats not the case. Aliens, Monsters, Ghosts, Time Travel etc movies can all go into that genre so we're gonna get horror classics and maybe even thrillers. I'm waiting for us to go outside genre lists when @MartyMcFly does his top 10 actors list. I wouldn't even mind seeing a top 10 best picture list.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I really think sci fi will be just as hard. Sooo much debate can be done on what is sci-fi and not sci-fi. When I hear sci-fi I immediately think SPACE, but thats not the case. Aliens, Monsters, Ghosts, Time Travel etc movies can all go into that genre so we're gonna get horror classics and maybe even thrillers. I'm waiting for us to go outside genre lists when @MartyMcFly does his top 10 actors list. I wouldn't even mind seeing a top 10 best picture list.

I already planned that top 10 best picture list. What are the 10 best movies to win best picture

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Ok, in light of the revised title of the thread, I have revised my list:

1. Se7en
2. Rear Window
3. Cape Fear (1991)
4. Silence of the Lambs
5. Dial "M" for Murder
6. No Country for Old Men
7. Manhunter
8. Arlington Road
9. Basic Instinct
10. Frailty

HM: Primal Fear, Black Swan, Dead Zone (1983), The Fugitive, and Sixth Sense

Last edited:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
This is my problem with making this MYSTERY/SUSPENSE/THRILLER...........too broad. Bourne and Bond movies aren't AT ALL the same kind of movie as Se7en or Hitchcock or noir.

IMO, should've been restricted to MYSTERY/SUSPENSE. That's a much clearer category. Thriller makes it far too broad. Even broader than horror or action, honestly.

shyt, there are heist movies that would absolutely make my top 10 if I weren't stubbornly sticking to the mystery genre
6fj1Z7b.png

I'll probably throw em in honorable mentions I guess since we'll probably never get around to a Top 10 Heist film list.