The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sometimes you can get away with a NOTE in the script, but everyone hates that and will tell you it's wrong.

like say you wrote (NOTE: All of Eva's visions will be written in italics) the first time you do it, and then just follow that pattern... but again, it'll get shyt on.

Hmm got you, okay cool. Yeah I might just go with the Note idea for now and just see how it reads

Conz

Superstar
Daps
get advice from others first. an Am writer using "NOTE" is one of those things you'll probably get slaughtered for (unfairly)

but if you were writing a character who spoke a different language and made a note that while his words are written in english, he will speak italian in the movie, i don't think anyone would mind.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I’m back grinding and revising my screenplay to the point where I am now and damn a lot of stuff was lacking.

I’m grinding because someone out there is living my life and working harder than me but they’re not better than me.

Last edited:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any of y’all using software that’s not Final Draft? I had a Final Draft 7 years ago for a script I wrote in college but that version is useless on my new laptop and non upgradeable. Instead of dropping around 200 on Final Draft 10 I’m using the free version of WriterDuet and will possibly use the pro version later.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have my treatment done. The biggest challenge for me is gonna be writing the First Draft without constantly going back and changing everything. But the plan is to knock that First Draft out and keep going with it, even if it sucks, give myself a little break and then start the revision process.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Any of y’all using software that’s not Final Draft? I had a Final Draft 7 years ago for a script I wrote in college but that version is useless on my new laptop and non upgradeable. Instead of dropping around 200 on Final Draft 10 I’m using the free version of WriterDuet and will possibly use the pro version later.
I use celtx online

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone write stoned? Did it for the first time yesterday with a rewrite. Maybe not a good idea...

Never done it but I feel like writing while high would work better with prose or poetry. With screenwriting there’s so much structure to it whether it’s having a tight story or just correctly formatting it that i feel like it’ll go off the rails if you’re not sober lol

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i used to try and just bullshyt stuff after smoking weed back in the day from time to time. i have a bunch of notebooks with ideas and jokes, etc. i used to put a little "H" in the top corner of every idea i wrote while high. recently i revisited an old notebook, and found a "H" page that simply said "cyclobster." ... that's all it said. I took a bong rip or something years ago, and found the word "Cyclobster" so funny, i wrote it in my notebook.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Never done it but I feel like writing while high would work better with prose or poetry. With screenwriting there’s so much structure to it whether it’s having a tight story or just correctly formatting it that i feel like it’ll go off the rails if you’re not sober lol

I think it's fine writing with a blank canvas, but rewriting, not really.

i used to try and just bullshyt stuff after smoking weed back in the day from time to time. i have a bunch of notebooks with ideas and jokes, etc. i used to put a little "H" in the top corner of every idea i wrote while high. recently i revisited an old notebook, and found a "H" page that simply said "cyclobster." ... that's all it said. I took a bong rip or something years ago, and found the word "Cyclobster" so funny, i wrote it in my notebook.

Might be syfy worthy :mjgrin: