The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Had a friend read about a quarter of my pilot and he liked it. He never read a script before, but he "got it."

Some of the humor he didn't laugh at, but it's dry humor. I think since its on paper it doesn't come off well? He gets it from time to time in real time tho, but I don't think he's big on it.

But he laughed at the obvious humor.

We're blunt with each other so his words were sincere.

Feel pretty good. :ld:

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So i finished my pilot. I was wondering if anyone would like to read and give feedback. I'm aware that I'm over the page limit and I don't
know how to cut it, but my goal is first and foremost see if you ppl like the pilot. If this is something that people will want to see as a series.
If you'd like to read, PM me, and I registered it with the WGA. Also, if I'll be checking in on the feedback because I want to push forward
with this as I have many ideas on how to get this made. I want this to become a primetime show with a black family at the forefront that's not
a comedy. Again, just PM me if interested.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
So i finished my pilot. I was wondering if anyone would like to read and give feedback. I'm aware that I'm over the page limit and I don't
know how to cut it, but my goal is first and foremost see if you ppl like the pilot. If this is something that people will want to see as a series.
If you'd like to read, PM me, and I registered it with the WGA. Also, if I'll be checking in on the feedback because I want to push forward
with this as I have many ideas on how to get this made. I want this to become a primetime show with a black family at the forefront that's not
a comedy. Again, just PM me if interested.
How you registered with the WGA?

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Filmmaker brehs, what was/is your starter film gear?

Before the end of the year, I will have a DSLR. Amazon got a bestseller kit for $500+ that I'm eyeing. I will be able to save on filming my short, just concerned with the Birdseye shots I'll need to shoot. The money saved from hiring a crew will go towards marketing and advertising.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not sure. When you click the register option, there are different categories you can pick. I can't remember if short was one of them.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure. When you click the register option, there are different categories you can pick. I can't remember if short was one of them.
I saw the regristration and it just has screenplay. So that should suffice. I got to finish the script first. One can upload synopsis, treatments, etc.

Another thing. I think I'm doing something wrong. What's the stark differences between a treatment and synopsis?

Last edited:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I saw the regristration and it just has screenplay. So that should suffice. I got to finish the script first. One can upload synopsis, treatments, etc.

Another thing. I think I'm doing something wrong. What's the start differences between a treatment and synopsis?
Treatment is usually several pages, detailed summary of most if not all your scenes.
Synopsis is shorter a page, or just a paragraph , more of a general overview of the story.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Just finished my second screenplay, so much Piff in 98 pages :blessed:

Gonna take a break, then it's down to writing these character bios for this sketch idea for the end of the summer.

You go onto the website, register your script, pay the fee, then you'll get a certificate as proof of registration

This is my next move for the feature.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Hey brehs, got a question regarding scene heading. Say I have an area of a location that has various spots. Can I just do something like this?:

Int. Target - Toy aisle - morning

Jane is in the figurine aisle....

Or what I need to be specific like this?:

Int. Target - toy aisle - figurine section - morning