The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Hey brehs, got a question regarding scene heading. Say I have an area of a location that has various spots. Can I just do something like this?:

Int. Target - Toy aisle - morning

Jane is in the figurine aisle....

Or what I need to be specific like this?:

Int. Target - toy aisle - figurine section - morning

I'd go with option 1

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Hey brehs, got a question regarding scene heading. Say I have an area of a location that has various spots. Can I just do something like this?:

Int. Target - Toy aisle - morning

Jane is in the figurine aisle....

Or what I need to be specific like this?:

Int. Target - toy aisle - figurine section - morning
Just int - target - morning

You can be specific in the action and/or make subtitles.

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
Hey brehs, I needed everyone's opinion on something. My business partner and I recently started back screenwriting after a brief hiatus and now we are looking for some form of legal representation. We recently made a trip to the AFI conference and even though we only got a chance to pitch our script twice the main pushback we got was that we needed representation (someone who speaks the samentrance industry lingo but legally). I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions, I'm in NY btw. Thanks in advance

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I've got so many ideas. If you see my posts in the predictable sitcom threads & the Coli wives thread I'm really into that kind of stuff. I have ideas for new stuff by I have yet to sit down and put it together.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:ohhh:This thread back.

I'm reworking the script that I was plugging away on. There are too many great stories, that I don't want to lose, so I'm going to do it as a mini series.

The comic book I've been scripting has been coming along at a crazy rate though :whew:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Quit my job to focus on writing. All I gotta do is some touch ups on my pilot to make it as good as I can get it before I feel it's ready.

I got my second ep done and need to do the same thing. Focusing on the pilot tho. After its good enough I gotta convert it and/or print it then get it "legalized." After that it's just getting it out there.

I guess the best way is finding an agent to get it out there. I remember I was at a con panel and an established writer said this.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm writing my second book then I'm gonna do my screenplay im hoping I can score representation off this... There's a few places I can enter the screenplay at.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey fellas, I'm still looking for more opinions on my pilot if anyone is interested. One poster in here already read it and gave me much needed feedback. PM me if interested.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Every time I think my script is passable I find things to fix :francis:

Scripts (at least to the person writing them) are never passable breh.

I have a joint people love that to me is horrible at the moment, and I have to resist the urge to change too much because I'm just bein nitpicky.