The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i did a re-write on my script, got it to a couple worthy people and if those come back positive, it's finally going on the black list... so some pretentious a$$hole can pull it and give it a 5

in the meantime i bullshytted a random idea with my friend about a hockey related pilot (he works in that field) and i'm gonna fire off an undoubtedly shytty and unappealing pilot script over the next couple weeks. I already wrote an entire 16 page outline and already wrote the cold open/first act. it's coming way too easy, so it has to be shyt

stay positive, bros!
This the one with the producer tries to get the movie star to commit suicide?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
This the one with the producer tries to get the movie star to commit suicide?
nah, that's an old one. I'm better now.

had an ex-reader who now works in the business (i don't know wtf he actually does, but he has an agent/manager and somehow makes a living) read it and he said it was "representation" worthy. gave like 3 negative notes total that will take 20 minutes to fix. wasn't expecting that. ... but naturally he told me i can get a rep but they will immediately ask for more.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i wrote the Buzzkill script with another guy in California. we differed on certain things, so there's a lot of weird shyt in the script that i put in just for his sake. i've been thinking of doing a re-write of just my own ideas on that and making the story tighter/make more sense, but that seems fukked up.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i wrote the Buzzkill script with another guy in California. we differed on certain things, so there's a lot of weird shyt in the script that i put in just for his sake. i've been thinking of doing a re-write of just my own ideas on that and making the story tighter/make more sense, but that seems fukked up.
lol yeah. one drawback of writing with a partner.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nah, that's an old one. I'm better now.

had an ex-reader who now works in the business (i don't know wtf he actually does, but he has an agent/manager and somehow makes a living) read it and he said it was "representation" worthy. gave like 3 negative notes total that will take 20 minutes to fix. wasn't expecting that. ... but naturally he told me i can get a rep but they will immediately ask for more.
cool. pm me if you ever want another set of eyes on it.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Here's my web series I released last year with my best friend (the main character)

Here's a synopsis

After suffering a nervous breakdown on-air two years ago; A Chicago area podcaster decides to relaunch under a new, abrasive, transparent, curmudgeon appealing format and a new alias akin to a popular TV character in hopes of achieving internet stardom.

Shot on a budget of potato chips and old style, fans of shows like South Park, Eric Andre, Broad City, Man Seeking Woman, Tim & Eric and Mr. Show might dig it.

Not sure if we'll do a second season.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Here's my web series I released last year with my best friend (the main character)

Here's a synopsis

After suffering a nervous breakdown on-air two years ago; A Chicago area podcaster decides to relaunch under a new, abrasive, transparent, curmudgeon appealing format and a new alias akin to a popular TV character in hopes of achieving internet stardom.

Shot on a budget of potato chips and old style, fans of shows like South Park, Eric Andre, Broad City, Man Seeking Woman, Tim & Eric and Mr. Show might dig it.

Not sure if we'll do a second season.

Gonna bookmark it and watch when I have a couple of spare minutes.

Dap + Rep in the meantime.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
How y'all getting into the industry? Emailing random people in the biz?

I'm writing some stuff I want to get out but don't know how or to who

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
I did standup at a open mic and I made the mistake of drinking heavily before my set.

My boy, who hadn't done it before did damned good.

Gonna knuckle down, walk in with a set list next time and not be cocky.

Also, apparently I'm gonna be an extra in Chicago PD. Should be a dope experience. :ehh:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I did standup at a open mic and I made the mistake of drinking heavily before my set.

My boy, who hadn't done it before did damned good.

Gonna knuckle down, walk in with a set list next time and not be cocky.

Also, apparently I'm gonna be an extra in Chicago PD. Should be a dope experience. :ehh:

Yeah, I think almost to a man most stand-ups I've heard say never drink too much or anything before a set.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm working on multiple scripts of multiple types,I don't know if that's a good idea or not....I'm going to say maybe not based on the fact I haven't finished one yet:mjlol:

Its nothing worse than having that flow going,then you stop for a minute and try to go and that flow gone....I got 3/4's of one movie done and know the ending but just need to fill it out to get to the ending,its a comedy so its harder for me since I'm not a real comedian....I want to be a comedy that still had some heart like the first Friday...Don't know if I would describe it as a romantic comedy or not,but I think it is original idea and will set itself apart from any black/romantic comedy I've seen.

Then I'm working on a buddy cop movie with two females,thats like a Beverly Hills cop,i just barely started that and not sure if I'll go back to it.

Then I'm working on a X-Men script,comic nerds will hate it because my only knowledge is based on the cartoon:pachaha:,Well fukk yall the cartoon was classic,and I did more research than Singer:ufdup:

And I'm doin a movie for kids,but I think adults will like it too,like all the great animated movies. I really just started this one,but know how I want the first half of the movie to play out. My problem on this one is not having a childs imagination no more:heh:...Coming up with magical places and contraptions that make no sense,dont come as easy,might have to bring my daughter in as a partner on this one:whoo:

I figured showing diversity would help me:patrice;?Plus I looked at the type of movies that made the most money and figured those might be more likely to get a look or get interest:manny:,then from there you can do what you want to.