The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

Conz

Superstar
Daps
don't put anything on your title page except the essentials. i get a kick out of the ams who put all the WGA trademark shyt on the bottom like that means shyt and someone is gonna steal your horrible idea

someone hook me up with a bootleg Final Draft 9. im not paying for this shyt

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall have a specific website you check for screenplays? I usually google the name followed by "script pdf". It works maybe 65% of the time.

WriteToReel was a big help but they just became a paid website about a month ago.

I'm looking for the script to Ride Along.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, for those who use Celtx

You know how usually the dialogue goes directly down the middle of the pages? For one scene, I'm trying to make it a rapid dialogue between two different people, so I want one part of the dialogue on the left and the other on the right like red lines below.

Anyone know how?
GetInline.aspx

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

You know how usually the dialogue goes directly down the middle of the pages? For one scene, I'm trying to make it a rapid dialogue between two different people, so I want one part of the dialogue on the left and the other on the right like red lines below.

Anyone know how?

My answer would be, "don't". If you want to know why, there's a whole argument about the format of a screenplay above.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My answer would be, "don't". If you want to know why, there's a whole argument about the format of a screenplay above.

I was suggested by 2 other screenplay professional readers and have seen it myself in similar situations. Makes sense to me. It's only for a page to two.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I was suggested by 2 other screenplay professional readers and have seen it myself in similar situations. Makes sense to me. It's only for a page to two.

Like @Conz said, at least make a note of it. But I'd always suggest to keep 'directions' to a minimum. You're writing a story but in the end the director is going to tell it. Not saying you can't note how certain moments should feel or be handled, but again, preferably as little as possible.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
final draft lets you do dual dialogue if you want characters to speak at the exact same time.

I'd just make a note in the action line that the dialogue is rapid fire. I'll post a stupid scene from a script of mine and tell me if it reads "quick." https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2a1F6mo53ASR0J3OXhVTnhuZE0/view?usp=sharing

What I'm trying to do is dual dialogue, but somewhat zig zag.

PS - Cool scene - but don't you think that's a big steep from the character asking for 28 grams to then 1? lol

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
What I'm trying to do is dual dialogue, but somewhat zig zag.

PS - Cool scene - but don't you think that's a big steep from the character asking for 28 grams to then 1? lol
he's a retard in a foreign land who isn't used to buying his own drugs

... motherfukker critiquing me on a 30 second scene... :comeon:

:russ::lolbron:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

Anyone know how?
GetInline.aspx
That's dual dialog. Final Draft has that feature. Don't know about Celtx

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
im not one to preach on attitude, but your attitude on this is terrible. shake it now. get format down to a t, and don't question it. just like any other job/situation, you gotta act like you've been there.

i mean, you don't even really need to worry about this kinda stuff b/c Final Draft takes care of all your spacing and margins for you. once you figure it out (in like 2 minutes) all you need to know is how to use the tab key

seriously, if the best story of all time looks like shyt on the paper, it's probably never gonna get the chance to be the best story of all time on the big screen

That's not my attitude. I was just pointing out something that I was curious about. When we were talking about format I thought if a minor thing like indentation was off by 3 clicks then the script would be tossed in the :trash:

I know that a script should be formatted like a script and not an essay.

chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL

Conz

Superstar
Daps
:ehh: Would love to check out this full screenplay if you ever want someone to read it. Gives me the feeling of In Bruges...
nah, it's a stupid comedy, but In Bruges is probably one of my 10 favorite movies. You can read it if you want, ive actually never really gotten many eyes on it and it's just Harddrive clutter at this point.