Essential The Coli's GQ Thread: Men's Fashion

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
What are staples for a man when it comes to a business wardrobe?

Im thinking about taking a sales job soon.
I have never had a square job.
Ive been doing internet marketing/ecommerce the past few years...so I have no dress clothes.

Going to Suite Supply to get a suit.
I already have a bunch of dress shirts that ive thrifted over the years...and one pair of AE dress shoes.

What else do I need?

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

Ive been doing internet marketing/ecommerce the past few years...so I have no dress clothes.

I already have a bunch of dress shirts that ive thrifted over the years...and one pair of AE dress shoes.

What else do I need?

I would say a grey,navy or black suit and change out the shirt/ties...My preference is a light grey cuz it goes with eveyr type of shirt and shoe for the most part...

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"

What else do I need?

Two must color suits is a plain navy and plain charcoal. After you have those you can experiment and grab a couple royal blues or suits with stripes or window pains.

No black suits. Not in sales.

The number one rule though is GET YOUR SUIT FITTED. Tailored. It's worth the money. People that buy 1000 suits and aren't tailored look worse then the guy that got a discount suit that fits perfect. And yes it makes a HUGE difference in sales.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Two must color suits is a plain navy and plain charcoal. After you have those you can experiment and grab a couple royal blues or suits with stripes or window pains.

No black suits. Not in sales.

The number one rule though is GET YOUR SUIT FITTED. Tailored. It's worth the money. People that buy 1000 suits and aren't tailored look worse then the guy that got a discount suit that fits perfect. And yes it makes a HUGE difference in sales.

Why no black suits? Sales include Real Estate as well??

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I love designer sneakers to death, but Ive never seen a pair that does the job like Stan Smiths:win:

Throw on a t-shirt or button up.. if its a cool night, add a color blazer with a Tee. Bam!

14ugj0j.jpg

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
If I ever buy a suit it will be all black or all black with a dark blue or charcoal tie and undershirt.