The Coli owes Issa Rae an apology

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You quote me on some sassy bytchy shyt because you don't agree with my opinion then have the gall to accuse me of being hypersensitive. Ignorant is truly bliss and this site is a sad reminder that a lot (people who claim to be)black people are ignorant as fukk.

You can disagree with the critiques that people such as myself had about the first couple of episodes without being a sassy limp wristed bytch about it. That's my point in this thread. It's ok to not agree with the next person's opinion but it's like you fukks actually get offended because people dare express opinions that you don't like or agree with. So you resort to ad hominems and other types of sassy shyt to vent your frustrations. It's gay/feminine.

"Sassy" :pachaha:? ...The fukk is wrong with you nikka :mjlol:

Nobody is offended by your bytch ass opinion :russ:

Your response just further made my point :lolbron:

Last edited:

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
I don't know anything about Issa Raye's comments on black men or interracial dating, but we can't act like people from both shows are saints.

Donald Glover been c00ning for a minute. Check some of them Childish Gambino lyrics.Dude gave up on black women and got an obsession with asian women. That's why his baby momma is one.

Let's talk about Van who in real life is on that :mjpls:

Don't even get me started on Paper Boi :wrist:being a shyt pusher. :bryan:

Personally I don't give a fukk about any of this shyt. I enjoy both shows thoroughly. I will watch both shows and continue to support both shows becuz I love seeing black people on TV.

For me it ain't that serious, it's just TV and entertainment. Bill Cosby raped 1,000,000 bytches and I still consider the Cosby show to be top 5 all time.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
"Sassy" :pachaha:? ...The fukk is wrong with you nikka :mjlol:

Nobody is offended by your bytch ass opinion :russ:

Your response just response just further made my point :lolbron:
You don't have a point. If you weren't offended by my opinion then why did you quote me with the ad hominem attack? No, you've proven my point. Throwing rocks then hiding your hands just like a bytch. You're either a female or a fakkit. It's obvious.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Insecure is my favorite show on TV right now. I'm a white male. She is hilarious.

Not surprising at all. The show disparages the black male's image in ways that cacs couldn't without being blatantly racist:BruhHard_en::everydaycac:

Last edited:

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
Not surprising at all. The show disparage the black male's image in ways that cacs couldn't without being blatantly racist:BruhHard_en::everydaycac:
:wtf: Who gets disparaged in the show aside from the clueless non-profit workers Issa works with? I think Lawrence is an awesome character who I personally identify with as a guy his age in a similar situation.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Issa Rae's new show is black male bashing propaganda

Ya'll were calling her a bedwench, c00n and making all types of personal judgments based on two damn episodes that had the audacity to show black men struggling to get a job. If ya'll actually stuck with the show you'd realize Insecure has some of the most balanced and positive portrayals of black men ever on mainstream television. In fact, if anyone should complain it should be black women, because the two female leads come across way more flawed than their male counterparts, especially in the most recent episodes. But the female fans of the show understand that it doesn't make you a c00n or sellout to actually show flawed, imperfect black characters who act like actual human beings. It just makes you a good artist.

Shout out to posters like @Ziggiy who initially made their judgments but then came around and realized their assessments were wrong after they stuck with the show. But the rest of ya'll were dead wrong
I agree, show is actually dope....started watching it on HBO demand and binged til the current episode, QUALITY BLACK TELEVISION:mjgrin:....at least thus far:manny:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I was three heated with the studio scene.
I told that heifer to hold on to Lawrence.

It's the tried and true grass is greener fable... if you would have watered your own damn grass...
Lawrence lanky self was looking :shaq: so scrumptious too...

fukk these insecure fools on the coli... of course they would try to discredit a Black woman... surprise surprise

This :yodaell: , hold; you haters

I see the multiple star wars references are you one of those black sci fi nerdy chicks with a hot body types? :noah: Your man got a good one :obama:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: Who gets disparaged in the show aside from the clueless non-profit workers Issa works with? I think Lawrence is an awesome character who I personally identify with as a guy his age in a similar situation.

Did you not notice in the first episode alone how black men were ridiculed and joked about before one was even present on the screen? :dahelldidyousay:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Is it really that good?:ohhh: Hell even Tariq likes the show. I might give it a shot. :ehh:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Drew Wonder

My brotha and fellow Black Quaker, you still do music/tv show reviews? I feel like you need a youtube channel to discuss these topics.

Also, the world needs a new age Different World but at a PWI. I know you got the writing chops to get a skeleton script together and Penn experiences to flesh it out.

Yo, wattup. I stopped doing the music blog, job got too hectic. But I recently wrapped up an online political series, I'll send you the links

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
Did you not notice in the first episode alone how black men were ridiculed and joked about before one was even present on the screen? :dahelldidyousay:
Look man, I'm not here to argue and I am not here to tell you how to feel about your representation onscreen. I don't have the right to tell people of color what to think about art that represents them. All I said was the show is hilarious and I think Issa Rae is really funny.