The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I agree with everything you said especially the bolded, those two kept me invested in the show. Reg is definitely my favorite character he's doing a dope job.

A few scenes with Papa did make me laugh though like when they was in the store

Dont remember it word for word but when he was like:

Papa: Kev you ever see your moms naked :shaq:

Two friends look at him funny

Kev: no do you

and he was like

Papa: yeah, not what I expected :scusthov:

:dead:
Yea I think the guy who plays reg is the only one with a chance to do bigger things after the show is over. He's a solid actor. He still has moments where he tries too hard but I think that prolly has more to do with the cheesy ass writing than his acting. But overall his character is the most complex and interesting. At first it seemed like he was just a straight a$$hole, but as the season went on you could tell he actually has some heart. He was rough on his brother but you could see he really loves him. Reg and his brother and Reg vs Q were the two best plot lines in the whole series.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Reg is the only good character to me, his acting and facial expressions are believable in all his scenes. The old OG who came back to defend his son ain't really believable to me.
Not only that but it was obvious he was sitting on a good amount of money. If he wanted to keep his kid safe why couldn't he help the baby mom move out the hood?

Also they said coogi was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Nah his dumbass just decided to steal a necklace off a dead kids body. Smh. I don't like Ronnie as a character but if somebody killed my family and was stuntin around with their chain I'd wanna kill him too. Coogi definitely wasnt no innocent kid. He put that target on his back the second he took that chain. Scavenging off a dead body is some low ass shyt. When I hear about it in real life the shyt pisses me off damn near more than the actual killing. Coogi did seem like a good kid but it was still hard to feel sorry for him when he did that grimy shyt.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Not only that but it was obvious he was sitting on a good amount of money. If he wanted to keep his kid safe why couldn't he help the baby mom move out the hood?

Also they said coogi was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Nah his dumbass just decided to steal a necklace off a dead kids body. Smh. I don't like Ronnie as a character but if somebody killed my family and was stuntin around with their chain I'd wanna kill him too. Coogi definitely wasnt no innocent kid. He put that target on his back the second he took that chain. Scavenging off a dead body is some low ass shyt. When I hear about it in real life the shyt pisses me off damn near more than the actual killing. Coogi did seem like a good kid but it was still hard to feel sorry for him when he did that grimy shyt.

Because the deal him and Traci made prevented as such. Q's way of helping his soon was leaving the hood so there wouldn't be any blow back on him.

Also Papa is delivering his lines like that on purpose, not because he is bad at it. It's part of his character. I find the lil nikka hilarious, I guess some of you are taking his role to serious.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
finished the season.

Thought it was good,bordering on great.

The whole show reminded me of bunks speech to Omar in the wire

The whole show is basically about the ripple effect that just 1 murder has. And it’s done very well.

The only low point for me was the police angle. It’s just very amateurish and sticks out compared to the care the rest of the show has.

That said,I really enjoyed everything else. It was emotionally draining at times but effective.

8/10

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
I thought it made yall look way too intelligent and sociable. Where is the Chief Keef cats at?
I know this is some foul shyt to agree with but I do...after seeing Last Chance High this just doesn't seem authentic. That said...pretty entertaining first season.

Comparing this to the Wire in any way is downright blasphemy.

Last edited:
Daps
Definitely one of the freshest characters in hood movie history.

I take his quirks as part of his character.

He's just a smart, confident, weird lil dude living in the heart of the hood. It's a joy to watch him navigate all the hurdles.
He's the voice of reason which is what I like and makes me overlook his acting which isn't that bad, just noticeable.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Season finale was meh. Not bang-bang.

fukk Tracy, fukk Emitt’s Baby momma, fukk the nikka she’s screwing and fukk that fat fukk pig. I wonder how Q gonna get away with it with his DNA everywhere. No one walks away from killing a cop. Foh.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Throwback! Martin (S2, EP 23) with Q :russ:

He was HOH and GMB in that episode. Proposed to Pam after knowing her 5 days

maxresdefault.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp