The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: You killed your whole argument. I'm smart enough to use better syntax and word choices then that. You sound stupid typing that shyt, try again!
:laff: I didnt kill anything cause my response wasnt directed to you but to the guy you quoted. Better luck next time trying to play sumpthin lol.

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never even spoke on that scene in particular having anything to do with an agenda but more so the lesbian parents being in the show. Even the fact the creator is a lesbian shows they were purposely put there adding more credibility to the fact there is an agenda. I mean Lee Daniels is gay and he put all that gay shyt into empire too.
its super evident though.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
funny a rape/assault angle is created around the show in light of the metoo movement.
storyline is crazy tho.

Not sure if it was because of the metoo movement but at the same time who knows. It's interesting because the story tries to paint him as a gangster with morals then this comes up and it invalidates all of that.
Reg dropping knowledge about women and the games they play to the kid in the back seat was straight from TheColi Locker Room:mjlol:
Reg was giving them bad teachings. From the game he was giving them about woman to the game he was giving his little brother about fighting those kids. He gonna screw his little brother up and guide him down the wrong path and I hope the other two don't follow him but they just might get sucked into the mess too.

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
:laff: I didnt kill anything cause my response wasnt directed to you but to the guy you quoted. Better luck next time trying to play sumpthin lol.

Oh I thought you was trying to diss me. Also I didn't quote anyone in that post at all, I was just watching the show and wrote that post when I saw a scene with his two moms in it.

its super evident though.
I know right.

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Not sure if it was because of the metoo movement but at the same time who knows. It's interesting because the story tries to paint him as a gangster with morals then this comes up and it invalidates all of that.
i know i was rooting for breh too.

i know its deeper than what Tracey is saying. I felt like a interaction is definitely need now.

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh I thought you was trying to diss me. Also I didn't quote anyone in that post at all, I was just watching the show and wrote that post when I saw a scene with his two moms in it.

I know right.
Yep i agree with you just certain thing stick out. I thought the shyt with Ronnie and the shih tzu owner and how ronnie ask him about the whole dome shyt and how the shih tzu dude decline said he had other shyt for that. Then right afterwards we got a scene where bruh was packing his groin with peanut butter on some prison homosexual shyt. Personally i think the dude that runs whores and cool with Ronnie probably bisexual. nikka just legit weird as fukk.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This last episode was weak on so many levels brehs

:snoop:

Just sloppy storytelling and very predictable. Some things that specifically didn't sit well with be while watching this...

• Brandon keeping the gun on him after Kevin shot Ronnie
  • Ronnie just casually saying, "yea I killed your brother" right before they started fighting
  • Numerous flashbacks to the fight/shooting when it was obvious Kevin had the gun on him after they revealed that it was his friend's brother's gun
  • Ronnie not going to the hospital
  • Brandon going to see Reg about losing the gun... Why?!
  • Reg asking Brandon how's his credit in that situation was comical
  • Reg designating his little brother to be a shooter because he lost his gun...What?
From a common sense perspective... This shyt was awful. I was like there's no way this nikka Brandon still has the burner on him when the police stopped him, lol. Sure enough... Not only does he have it on him, but there's literally no logical explanation for him not to get rid of it.

I wanted to rock with this show, but when the writing takes a shyt on common sense for the sake of entertainment and fukkery I stop taking taking it serious

Just started watching... on episode 4 I think. Catching up with the thread. What’s funny is that I literally told my girl the same shyt you posted. The show is cool but the writing puts people in dumb situations.

Plus I hate when shows do that trope of someone jumping to conclusions and the other person just walking away instead of correcting them.

Anyways, hope to get caught up with y’all soon.

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
Who's yall favorite and least favorite characters?

Favorite - Coogie (RIP), Papa, and Q
Least - Reg and Ronnie

I know we say it ad naseum in here regarding how it misses the mark in relation the real life Chicago. But look at characters like Hannibal. He is a dynamic character in his own right, but he could be Darius (from Atlanta) level if he was like ya favorite cousin from the Southside

Papa hands down....

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just started watching... on episode 4 I think. Catching up with the thread. What’s funny is that I literally told my girl the same shyt you posted. The show is cool but the writing puts people in dumb situations.

Plus I hate when shows do that trope of someone jumping to conclusions and the other person just walking away instead of correcting them.

Anyways, hope to get caught up with y’all soon.
You probably already caught up to me, I stopped watching after the 5th episode. I'll finish it eventually...I think

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
i know i was rooting for breh too.

i know its deeper than what Tracey is saying. I felt like a interaction is definitely need now.
Yeah, we got to hear the full story behind this though it doesn't look good at all.

Yep i agree with you just certain thing stick out. I thought the shyt with Ronnie and the shih tzu owner and how ronnie ask him about the whole dome shyt and how the shih tzu dude decline said he had other shyt for that. Then right afterwards we got a scene where bruh was packing his groin with peanut butter on some prison homosexual shyt. Personally i think the dude that runs whores and cool with Ronnie probably bisexual. nikka just legit weird as fukk.
Yeah I think he is a gay character, he is very weird for sure. Even Trife doing yoga looks a little funny style and when you add that to what Q was saying about him shining people's rims at the car wash and who knows what else adds to that but who knows for sure.

That other dude who helped Ronnie heal up with the doctor definitely seemed sus though and dude in his crib getting the phone out his underwear was weird too.

Last edited:

Guvnor

Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
No more Ronnie!!! :blessed:

Lol he will be back. He'd probably get less time for cooperating with authorities and we will see him on his Muslim shyt in jail if they decide to push things that far. The cop might help him get out the situation entirely though.

Why y'all hate him so much?

Now you know damn well that nikka gonna be prominent on our screens next week and all of next season too:snoop:
Facts! He ain't gonna be gone that easily lol.