The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
ill watch because im from Chicago, but...

...this feels NOTHING like the city.
the cast looks, talks, and acts like middle/upper class folks.

There are a ton of little things wrong...their dress, speech, etc...

A corner store in the hood and there arent at least 2 cats standing out front serving?
Add the fact that NOBODY says "Sneakers" in Chicago. No one.

You approach someone and mention it, and you're gonna get the :gucci:

GYM SHOES!!

At least the detective did refer to 79th as "The Nine". They got that one right....

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
35 seconds in and it was already my favorite show on television right now. My god...

Its funny cause, during the first couple of scenes, when the kid was ducking with the dog, i was thinking, Lena had any balls, she’d kill this kid off rip. She’s a beast ass writer man... the eulogy scene had me teary eyed too. I wasn’t ready. I just watched Mudbound yesterday, Easy E is a hell of an actor.

Also, the way possessions get passed around through different characters is a dope plot device that i hope she keeps doing throughout the show.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They gonna be doing this release each episode a week early via the app all season long?:patrice:
came in to ask this.
my pops texts me this afternoon like "you see the last episode of The Chi?"
im like yeah the first one.
he said "nah theres a second on Showtime Anytime."

CrazyT22

Pro
Daps
I haven't liked the boy that got killed since the movie kicks. I honestly felt more sympathy for the first boy who was murdered and I don't know shyt about him. The show is beauitfully acted though. Why this grown ass man let this woman talk him into murdering to avenge her son. Wasn't even his kid. Smh

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I haven't liked the boy that got killed since the movie kicks. I honestly felt more sympathy for the first boy who was murdered and I don't know shyt about him. The show is beauitfully acted though. Why this grown ass man let this woman talk him into murdering to avenge her son. Wasn't even his kid. Smh
p*ssy kills