The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
summary for next episode

S1, E2
ALEE
Original Air Date: Jan 14, 2018

Brandon reels from a loss as Ronnie realizes he's made a mistake. Meanwhile, Emmett's carefree life is upended. Papa and Jake taunt Kevin over his crush on Andrea. Detective Cruz is shaken by conflicting clues in the investigation.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
ill watch because im from Chicago, but...

...this feels NOTHING like the city.
the cast looks, talks, and acts like middle/upper class folks.

There are a ton of little things wrong...their dress, speech, etc...

A corner store in the hood and there arent at least 2 cats standing out front serving?

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
First episode was solid. It felt real, and there were no pandering characters or hidden agendas at first glance to turn me off of it. I'm in :ehh:

It was a good episode brandon definitely gonna smash ol girl at the restaurant
And fukk up his whole shyt :francis:
summary for next episode

S1, E2
ALEE
Original Air Date: Jan 14, 2018

Brandon reels from a loss as Ronnie realizes he's made a mistake. Meanwhile, Emmett's carefree life is upended. Papa and Jake taunt Kevin over his crush on Andrea. Detective Cruz is shaken by conflicting clues in the investigation.

:dwillhuh: that cop supposed to be Latino?

ill watch because im from Chicago, but...

...this feels NOTHING like the city.
the cast looks, talks, and acts like middle/upper class folks.

There are a ton of little things wrong...their dress, speech, etc...

A corner store in the hood and there arent at least 2 cats standing out front serving?

I felt that way about Atlanta when it first came out but it got better as it went on and remained as authentic as anyone could possibly expect it to. It also came from the mind of Donald Glover, who, while from Atlanta, grew up in Stone Mountain and has a different perspective of the city than I would as somebody from the Southside. Idk much about Common and his relationship with the city like that, but it may be a similar situation.

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
First episode was solid. It felt real, and there were no pandering characters or hidden agendas at first glance to turn me off
i LIKE DIT BUT i'M SUR ETHE TRANNY WAS GETTING IN THE DUDE THAT RUNS THE CORNERS CAR IN BROAD DAYLIGHT. i DON'T SEE THAT AS BEING REAL HE WOULD DO THAT ON THE LOW. Common pandering to tranny feelings

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
i LIKE DIT BUT i'M SUR ETHE TRANNY WAS GETTING IN THE DUDE THAT RUNS THE CORNERS CAR IN BROAD DAYLIGHT. i DON'T SEE THAT AS BEING REAL HE WOULD DO THAT ON THE LOW. Common pandering to tranny feelings

:patrice: you right but as long as they don't delve into some heshe love story and keep it on some Rawls in the gay club peripheral shyt then it's cool :dame:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
First episode was solid. It felt real, and there were no pandering characters or hidden agendas at first glance to turn me off of it. I'm in :ehh:

And fukk up his whole shyt :francis:

:dwillhuh: that cop supposed to be Latino?

I felt that way about Atlanta when it first came out but it got better as it went on and remained as authentic as anyone could possibly expect it to. It also came from the mind of Donald Glover, who, while from Atlanta, grew up in Stone Mountain and has a different perspective of the city than I would as somebody from the Southside. Idk much about Common and his relationship with the city like that, but it may be a similar situation.

Common is from Stony & Cottage Grove ... he’s all the way Chi.

But I’m about to check this today . Been hearing good things. Looking forward to it. Will check back in.

Chicago is my favorite U.S. city I’ve visited so I’m eager to see the depictions .

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Jason Mitchell is a great actor. Breh has lots of range and I'm glad he's getting work.

I loved the first episode, it got some rawness and authenticity to it.