The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Finally caught up to the latest episode, watched it yesterday and I'm not sure what will happen next. Homie turned muslim, the other homie got issues with his baby mama, the other homie got issues with Q and sneaker dude's mama might get fired for stealing those pills.

I'm not good with the names :mjlol:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I definitely understand why people that I know from Chicago don’t feel like this is an accurate representation of the city or the hoods.

It's not at all. I grew up 45 minutes from Chicago. Been there 100's of times and even lived there for a small part of my life.

But it's a cool show. Showing the ins and outs of good living.

Daps
This show is great, but it's more of a "hood show" with Chicago lingo and references put in than an actual show about Chicago, imo.

Some of it though should be chalked down on not doing research. You're telling me that there are no rap breh's in the South Side at all to include as a fictional character in the show(not talking about a cameo, but an original character). Also, the amount of gangs shown is not representative of South Side Chicago dynamics. There are only 2 gang crews mentioned in the show, when the South Side is literally filled with all different gangs, and the gangs start fighting with each other in the local middle school.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
This show is great, but it's more of a "hood show" with Chicago lingo and references put in than an actual show about Chicago, imo.

Some of it though should be chalked down on not doing research. You're telling me that there are no rap breh's in the South Side at all to include as a fictional character in the show(not talking about a cameo, but an original character). Also, the amount of gangs shown is not representative of South Side Chicago dynamics. There are only 2 gang crews mentioned in the show, when the South Side is literally filled with all different gangs, and the gangs start fighting with each other in the local middle school.
It's season 1 and they know they're getting season 2. Don't throw everything at us at once.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Spot on.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi

what would be the point of having a "rap breh"
also its not about the other gangs, its about how the events in the first episode effect the people around them

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Emmit knows it too. :snoop:

I dunno brethren ... for all of its randomness and weirdness and bits of incredibly poor writing , this shyt is so engaging and compelling . :mindblown:

Do you have an example of the bolded?