The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:russ: I'm with you I don't see these positive messages....I see a lot of LGBT Agenda, Shea Butter talking points, emasculation of men.....That's what I'm seeing....Where was this positivity?
Some black actors and actresses getting a check, that’s literally it. This shyt has been guilty pleasure status at best ever since Jason Mitchell messed up his career and got fired.

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I guess they should’ve just focused on the gang violence in Chicago. Black men doing gangsta shyt.

:francis:

Honestly, that shyt is old to me. You see it on the news all the time. I grew up around it. I don’t mind seeing different shyt.

And y’all clowning fictional teenagers for handling relationships like men and not fighting over a female. :snoop:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I guess they should’ve just focused on the gang violence in Chicago. Black men doing gangsta shyt.

Honestly, that shyt is old to me. You see it on the news all the time. I grew up around it. I don’t mind seeing different shyt.

And y’all clowning fictional teenagers for handling relationships like men and not fighting over a female. :snoop:

You’re tripping

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Doesn't all of those things happen everyday in reality? sohh whats the issue
:mjtf: :what:The mayor of Chicago isn’t pulling double duty as a the leader of well known street gang in everyday reality.

The “issue” is that the person I responded to claimed the show had all these “positive messages” when it doesn’t. It’s the same old stuff & stereotypes that been all over numerous black shows/movies for years.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

where are you getting this? The most missed character is the one trying to make it as a chef. We lament them turning Kev from a bright college bound kid to one that gets drunk, kicked out of school and doesn’t care about his future. :gucci: absolutely no one is asking for gangsta shyt, that’s literally the worst part of this show - douda and trig.

And Kev and Jake literally fought over Jemma...the hell are you watching? :mjtf:

Last edited:
Daps
If Emmit had the any chance to get his nuts back it was in this episode when
ol girl came home in the morning ...

When she seen the breakfast he should have been on some

"You weren't here last night so I worked up an big appetite"
then 2 bad ass bytches should have came out the other room to eat breakfast.

But naw this dude on some
Ronnie Romance shyt
talking bout can't nobody make eggs the way you like them like me.

How many Ls can he take

He got nikkas telling him they gone bag his bytch after the show in his face

Another Dude telling you she ain't coming home tonight then she doesn't

He might as well grab the wash cloth and wipe her down when she finish fukkin dude.

Man up nikka
:hhh:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If Emmit had the any chance to get his nuts back it was in this episode when
ol girl came home in the morning ...

When she seen the breakfast he should have been on some

"You weren't here last night so I worked up an big appetite"
then 2 bad ass bytches should have came out the other room to eat breakfast.

But naw this dude on some
Ronnie Romance shyt
talking bout can't nobody make eggs the way you like them like me.

How many Ls can he take

He got nikkas telling him they gone bag his bytch after the show in his face

Another Dude telling you she ain't coming home tonight then she doesn't

He might as well grab the wash cloth and wipe her down when she finish fukkin dude.

Man up nikka
:hhh:

Or he should’ve just not fukked La La in the first place.:mjlol:

he could’ve fukked any girl, but he chose the one he not only works with, but his girl and eventual wife works with and became friends.

or he could’ve just shut the fukk up about it.

Daps

2yhIfm1

Brandon, Reg and douda were on to something special with the show. Even Trig was on some gangsta shyt when he first showed up wanting revenge, now he’s just gay.

Now we got stuck with the teenage version of think like a man
:unimpressed: