The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
tenor.gif

I'm kinda concerned about where black art is going.
Too many writers are writing these scripts as if they're copied and pasted Twitter threads.
No one talks like this in real life except for goofy grad students and weirdos whose lives revolve around social media.

I appreciated the homages to Love Jones but this episode felt it was written by someone who's never dated a man before
and lives their life on Tumblr/Twitter. Emmitt's breakfast and Kev's simping of Jemma in front of the store were mind-numbingly cringe. :mindblown:

Exactly breh

it’s like how they say men write women as being shallow, clingy, or just to be sexy this show is writing men to either be ignorant thugs or absolute simps. It’s like they’ve never met a heterosexual man in their lives. nikkas don’t act like this in any walk of life.
At least for the kids I can somewhat understand but for the adults it’s unacceptable.

I think I hate trig the most cause they specifically use him as an agenda against black men

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Why Emmett got that Temptations haircut? I figured he'd reach an ultimatum with Tiff, so :yeshrug:

Papa going out sad.

Kevin coulda been a big winner in this episode by just getting to know the girl he was dancing with, but no, gotta deal with Gemma. Your ass got kicked outta that school, You don't have to see them at all really.

the Dre situation not being brought up, I can live with. Kevin's moms has low key reached brutally annoying status. Dre's the least annoying person in that household.

Russell Westbrook turning into a demon is supposed to be this :ooh: moment but predictable writing has already screwed this up

Myesha a rider. I fukked with her confronting Gemma

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Why do I feel like they retconned the idea of emmit having mad kids?
Yeah, the show has always been flimsy with mentioning that. He would always get mad possessive of the child he has with Tiff, but rarely even acknowledges his other children and their mothers’ existence. They get mentioned and affect his storyline so little to the point that you just wonder why that was even written into the show at all. Just needed that wack stereotype in there I guess :comeon: fukkin Lena

Last edited:

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Yeah, the show has always been flimsy with mentioning that. He would always get mad possessive of the child he has with Tiff, but rarely even acknowledges his other children and their mother’s existence. They get mentioned and affect his storyline so little to the point that you just wonder why that was even written into the show at all. Just needed that wack stereotype in there I guess :comeon:
shyt lil E.J might as well be Judy Winslow/Yaz status at this point. I barely see him with his momma or daddy nowadays.:mjlol: