The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
man, :wtf: is up with trig and imani trying to :cape: the black LGBTQ community by themselves. I thought dude was a drug dealer or something.
Doing a flashback of Trig's past would have made a lot of sense. There is nothing about his character that makes me think he's some tough street guy.

nah he's not but I'm pissed that hes going to try to get jemma back I'd leave her be and move on to the next one...No one is going to say this but the chick he was hollering at in this last episode was kind of busted...Also I'm the only one who will admit it but Miesha is just another fat around the way chick...Papa is a simp.
Not for nothing but @dora_da_destroyer did mention how Maisha is most likely the kind of chick horny lil boys would try and creep with on the low.:lolbron: Prolly try and convince her to run a train with ya mans cuz she more than likely has low self-esteem.
he was sexually harassing his girlfriend on the show (that real estate agent chick)
to the point she had to bring her real life husband on set when they had scenes together :picard:
Not to mention one of the original showrunners. Brandon was really walking around set on some creep shyt.

Who is writing this!?...But furthermore, who are they writing for? I’m a woman and am cringing at how they’ve emasculated all the boys/men in this show. Especially emmet. An open marriage is one thing but your wife is spending quality time with another man and disrespecting you calling you drunk with him at clubs? And emmet’s response is romantic breakfast, a shower and role play :dahell: at least he finally dropped an ultimatum

I won’t go hard on her cuz I think she’s still a kid, but Maisha needs to lose weight, she’s as big a 50 yr old diabetic grandma. That’s not ok at any age, but especially as a teen. And her character, the gas pack they’ve put on her back - it’s just not believable

Russell Westbrook (this has to actually be his first cousin or some shyt lol) is written like a Tyler perry character - this perfect blue collar man who enters the woman’s life at just the right time. I’m happy they finally have a man they haven’t ruined yet, but they’ve made him too perfect.

Also, Tiff out there still worried about getting other dikk while Emmet’s mom is dying? What type of wife is that!? I wasn’t mad about her revenge fukk, I get that, but since then it’s been all bad.
Nailed it:russ::russ::russ: While this show has gotten worse over time, this episode was BAD.:scust: As plenty of y'all have already mentioned, the emasculation of the males on this show has become over the top. This episode sealed the deal. You can't tell me the people writing these scripts don't hate men at this point. nikka Emmitt really had breakfast waiting for his wife who's returning with a "sweated out perm" and sore p*ssy from getting her back blown out by her side nikka.:gucci: They were literally clowning you on the phone a few hours prior:mjtf: On what planet does this happen? On a different note, Nina finally tells Dre about cheating on her and they don't follow up AT ALL in the next episode?:martin:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Who is writing this!? One, seems like each character is written solely by one writer and reflects that writer’s personality instead of a collective writing team making a seamless script.

but furthermore, who are they writing for? I’m a woman and am cringing at how they’ve emasculated all the boys/men in this show. Especially emmet. An open marriage is one thing but your wife is spending quality time with another man and disrespecting you calling you drunk with him at clubs? And emmet’s response is romantic breakfast, a shower and role play :dahell: at least he finally dropped an ultimatum

The fact that both of Kev’s boys took his girls :snoop: They also made Kev, jake and poppa so garbage. When Jason Mitchell left, I thought focusing on the kids could salvage it. But not when you turn Kev into a fukk up, poppa into a walking self help book and jake into a sheltered schoolboy - and all three into simps. All they do is worry about what they can do for their girl, there’s no organic storylines and adventure between the three

then I hate characters, and women, like Gemma. Sure, if a man rolls up grabbing you trapping you in a corner threatening you with “his love” that’s scary...him making his case and saying he still loves you and wants you back is not. Feminists need to stop putting out this stupid babble, ruining things for everyone else who still want to be approached by men, want men to lead the pursuit, don’t mind them expressing their feelings, etc

I won’t go hard on her cuz I think she’s still a kid, but Maisha needs to lose weight, she’s as big a 50 yr old diabetic grandma. That’s not ok at any age, but especially as a teen. And her character, the gas pack they’ve put on her back - it’s just not believable

Russell Westbrook (this has to actually be his first cousin or some shyt lol) is written like a Tyler perry character - this perfect blue collar man who enters the woman’s life at just the right time. I’m happy they finally have a man they haven’t ruined yet, but they’ve made him too perfect.

Also, Tiff out there still worried about getting other dikk while Emmet’s mom is dying? What type of wife is that!? I wasn’t mad about her revenge fukk, I get that, but since then it’s been all bad.

Who got a Twitter to tweet these writers? I really want some answers to these questions

when eazy e left, the show literally fell off a cliff. he was by far the best character on the show and kinda the character that tied them all together.

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
Waiting to Exhale for guys.

But instead its Waiting to Catch L's.

tenor.gif