The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
another weird thing is both maisha and kevin's family moved to completely different cribs. now kevin crib big as hell and maisha went from the projects to a big ass greystone.

when eazy e left, the show literally fell off a cliff. he was by far the best character on the show and kinda the character that tied them all together.

This

My nikka Kev tryna chase down this chick who prolly couch hopping with nowhere to live....Poppa throw a party for Maisha and she entertaining the next nikka....Jake becoming soft....Emmitt watching his WIFE enjoy another nikka's company bc of some shyt that happened before they were married. Killing Brandon fukked the show up...shoulda just recast the character. They got Emmitt giving advice, but he got good advice for everyone except Kevin lol.

Emmitt giving ol girl an ultimatum, and she gonna just go move in w Sister Sister's husband :wow:

Hopefully this season is almost over....my guys down bad. Anyone w masculine energy getting their backs kicked in...even Dre taking Ls

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Keisha's friend texting his "roommate" :camby:?

We don't believe that. This ngga probably a predator and sees she's weak. No way this show letting a straight black man be this positive.

Popa is beyond embarrassing. Let fat girl go and she will be back. Reality will hit her.

Jemma was talking some feminist trash. She the type who will get a brother hemmed up for rape. Kevin needs to stay away.

Leonard Washington

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A little town called none ya got damn bidness
Fellas we are taking Ls from all angles this season, like it was said above even Dre taking Ls our only hope right now to finish the season strong is Douda coming off of injury and :youngsabo::russ: also I hope Tiff tries to make longterm moves with Nigel from the Pac movie and he hits her with the :rudy::camby:

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Who is writing this!? One, seems like each character is written solely by one writer and reflects that writer’s personality instead of a collective writing team making a seamless script.

but furthermore, who are they writing for? I’m a woman and am cringing at how they’ve emasculated all the boys/men in this show.
tenor.gif

I'm kinda concerned about where black art is going.
Too many writers are writing these scripts as if they're copied and pasted Twitter threads.
No one talks like this in real life except for goofy grad students and weirdos whose lives revolve around social media.

I appreciated the homages to Love Jones but this episode felt it was written by someone who's never dated a man before
and lives their life on Tumblr/Twitter. Emmitt's breakfast and Kev's simping of Jemma in front of the store were mind-numbingly cringe. :mindblown:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-this episode was Simpism 101
-Papa need to stop already
- I ain't been this mad at a tv show since Dwayne and Ron got jumped by them cacs
-Chicago weather wild as a MF
- I ain't neva seen crispy chicken come out the kitchen so fast
-at least Emmett put his foot down
- Myesha bought that new crib with money from streams or what?
- So they just got leave Dre hanging for a whole ass episode???

Last edited: