The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
I'm curious about the end of the episode when Brandon and Ronnie meet face-to-face. :wow:
I can tell Brandon and Kevin were running away from that area in the upcoming episode. Does Brandon beat up Ronnie or worse, shoot him? :lupe:
I know Brandon does eventually get a gun from watching the season teaser. Damn cliffhangers. lol

International S.

"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Daps
Reppin
Portsmouth, VA
I'm curious about the end of the episode when Brandon and Ronnie meet face-to-face. :wow:
I can tell Brandon and Kevin were running away from that area in the upcoming episode. Does Brandon beat up Ronnie or worse, shoot him? :lupe:
I know Brandon does eventually get a gun from watching the season teaser. Damn cliffhangers. lol

my lil bro is crazy af...21 years old
calls me after each episode...

he goes "damn breh died from AIDS in the NWA flick
now he about to get killed by a nikka who look like he got it"

no disrepect...(we don't believe Eazy died from the monster)

funniest shyt I heard this year

-Random thoughts-

how Coogie allow this fiend snitch to pull him behind the corner store...?

Ronnie say's "I aint gonna suck your .....or nothing"
and Gun Salesman says "I got people for that"
I thought "People" :gucci:don't you mean women you weird ass nikka

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im thinking the Arab son has some illegal business on the side. That's why he told Emmit it pays in cash, Emmitt might end up being the fall guy. I doubt the Arab son's dad the owner knows about the side business.

I think Brandon gone whoop Ronnie's ass but they're both going to end up working together who figured out who killed Ronnie's son. It definitely involves that dirty cop which is why he pressured that homeless man to find that boy's phone which his missing. It has some info on it regarding his murder.

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Watched the first episode and it was pretty decent. I can’t help but to think about The Wire when watching though lol

Last edited:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
The actor who played Quentin also played Cochese's hustling uncle in "Cooley High", also set in Chicago...

Jimmy Lee still grindin...

vlcsnap-2010-03-27-16h33m49s8.png

Last edited:
Daps
Im thinking the Arab son has some illegal business on the side. That's why he told Emmit it pays in cash, Emmitt might end up being the fall guy. I doubt the Arab son's dad the owner knows about the side business.

I think Brandon gone whoop Ronnie's ass but they're both going to end up working together who figured out who killed Ronnie's son. It definitely involves that dirty cop which is why he pressured that homeless man to find that boy's phone which his missing. It has some info on it regarding his murder.

Man they better not pull some goofy shyt like this. How are you gonna partner with the guy who murdered your lil bro? :gucci:

I could see Ronnie telling him that it was the “good” cop (I hate that there’s a clearly “good” cop and a clearly “bad” cop, btw smh) who told him about his brother standing over his son’s dead body, tho and that leading to some skeletons being exposed in Chicago PD’s closet. Including the “bad” cops involvement in Ronnie’s son’s murder, cuz I agree he was involved.

Last edited:

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Thrice & Q

Thrice is a big time drug dealer , but I notice in the car scene he was scared to look Q in his eyes. The fact that he move close to one of Thrices trap houses and keeping a eye out on the activities let's me know two possible things. If he isn't involved in drugs he's going to overthrow thrice or if he is in fact a dope dealer he is going to have them guys who confronted him working for him. Oh and I definitely see a confrontation between Q and that one d-boy, the one who was talking with Emmitt. IMO something menacing has to happen and it has to happen eventually to prove to the viewers that Q isn't to be fukk with. How long are we supposed to believe he's a badass without him proving it?

Emmitt

As far as Emmitt goes 3 things I see happening I already stated he's more enthused in the giltz and glamour of having things. My prediction is this: 1) Given that in that one scene he was trying to work for them guys at the corner store AND trying to become a d-boy, I think Emmett will be trying to run drugs outta the store. 2) Because Q sees him as a "good kid" he may not be accepting of the money knowing how Emmitt got it. We only on the 3rd episode but Q gives me the impression that while hes gangster he follows a code of ethics. 3.) Because Emmitt is so damn careless (gullible as hell too) which we see in other aspects he slips up and the Arabs find him to be selling drugs.

Ronnie
Is slipping back into alcohol like me like i thought he would.. Partly, I believe that scene at the end is going to go left and like I stated Kevin being caught in the middle if he is threatened he can only retreat or defend himself, we've already seen certain instances where he does both. With him thinking that Ronnie was knocking at the door and he grab the aluminum bat and it was Brandon. And running with Poppa and the other guy in the school scene. I say partly because something in the back of my mind tells me and some sorta avengeful way , Ronnie & Brandon is going to eventually work together or not. We already seen Brandon cant bring himself to buying a that Glock. I see them fighting but that's it and Ronnie sold the gun, so that makes them both weaponless in that scene.

The scene with the "Hood Shaman" ( i didnt catch his name) that runs the whorehouse/dope house sets up the aforementioned. Seeing that Ronnie inquired about who kilt his son.

The situation with him and Tracy is a emotional thing. She so fine with them hips and them soft lips.

Cruz
Cruz reminds me so much of Prez from the Wire in how he's such a push over. He's going to reach that boiling point soon.

Brandon Mom (Kima from the Wire) & Her BF.

I said before that he wasn't any type of man to be with a woman and can't attend the funeral. I also stated in my commentary to the previous episode that its deeper. You see it with this Episode and the "Redtube" scene, where Brandon find his Playboy Magazine Collection. He seems like he has a lot of ulterior motives. Right now probably my least favorite character on the show. I wish Brandon would just Hook - Off on his old ass.