The Chi (Showtime) Official Season 1 Thread

Daps
:blessed:Episode 3 tonight. Been waiting weeks for this.

I just don't understand what exec thought it was a good idea to space these joints out so much (releasing the first one in December, then on the premiere day releasing the second episode the Showtime app). It's like they were trying to kill their momentum.

Glad we're finally back on schedule.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I just don't understand what exec thought it was a good idea to space these joints out so much (releasing the first one in December, then on the premiere day releasing the second episode the Showtime app). It's like they were trying to kill their momentum.

Glad we're finally back on schedule.

Makes you wonder....:mjpls:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Watched the first two episodes after the Spence fight last night. Gonna check the third one out in a minute. Pretty good so far, kinda :patrice: at how everybody is linked already. I thought that they would stretch out the commonalities but I guess they were trying to get that green light for another season.

Daps
I liked this episode. Feels like things are starting to pick up. Glad Easy E didn't go through with getting revenge, that ain't in him. He gotta be the most street dumb nikka in Chicago, tho. In the first episode he got hustled by a ten year old who was willing to just take the bike for the bike AND all the money he had on him. In this episode his dumbass backed out of the gun deal like he couldn't see the dealer robbing his chump ass. Even if he ain't wanna go through with the revenge, he shoulda just bought the piece and avoided getting popped over his head. His boy looked like he was gonna beat his ass for pulling that shyt :mjlol:

I'm guessing the old retired hustler is the dead baller's real father. The simp "father" is probably the only character I don't like thus far. I wish they'd kill him off, but I got a feeling he gon' be here for the long haul :francis:

Random as hell, but they got Easy E's girl in a rental, you can see the scanner on driver's window. I don't know why I notice random errors like this, but I do. :snoop:

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, everybody and everything is connected in The Chi.

Kevin set Eazy E up....

Quentin (Lt from 21 Jump Street back in the 90s) gotta be b-baller's pops or something. Dude dropped cash on a house just to spy on dudes, but got the top dog out there showing respect. Eazy E girl came up on that commission for 5 mins work hahaha

"we ain't French..." Kevin got dem big drawers problems. She want to eat that dude.

Eazy E is from the hood, but he ain't hood. His boy from work had to find him a plug, and he backed out (thankfully). He ain't bout that life. Caught a knock for the trouble.

Emmitt just a young bul fukking up all over, but trying to make it right. We all did dumb shyt, so not judging. I hope he stay clear of the BS and live to raise his son. Glad he walked away for hustling with that crew. But dude gotta have the worse timing when boning these chicks....

Det. Griggs going through it and dude just hustling her. She on the bottle and grieving for Coogie. I hope she doesn't sell that house. Or, she will, dude takes all of her cut, or they go to TN, and she realizes how country it is, and heads back to Chicago to live with Eazy.

Latino cop's girl got a fatty....

I'll keep watching. I like the character development. Want to see where they take it. Chicago got lots of stories. No Common yet either. Wish we could binge it.

Last thing, I think Showtime's current and upcoming lineup might be the best on pay-cable. The Chi, Homeland coming back, Billions, Jamie Foxx new joint, and the hip hop series with Nas & Rakim, amongst others, and even Shameless. Starz don't have enough shows after Power. HBO ain't as strong without Game of Thrones, and that returns in 2019. Only have Westworld, Ballers, Insecure, Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Deuce this year, maybe True Detective in 2019.