The Chase For The Real Stanley Cup: 2024 Cup Playoffs Thread

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Toronto (the Lakers of the NHL without any chips since the 60s)

Montreal (most historic team. The Yankees of the NHL. They have like 24 cups I think but haven’t won’t since the early 90s)

Ottawa (bums)

Jets (good team but they in the middle of nowhere & it’s hard to get stars to go or stay there)

Oilers (just lost..but they’ve had the two best players of all time on the team. Gretzky & McDavid)

Flames (they left Atlanta in the 70s to go to Calgary. Won in the late 80s but ain’t done shyt since. They have a good history with minority players though)

Canucks (famously burned their city down after they lost the cup in 2011 :mjlol: ain’t don’t shyt since)

7 teams
32 years of tears :mjgrin:
We were the most consistent Canadian team in the league in the 2000s :ufdup:

and will be contending next year: Ottawa Senators score goaltender Linus Ullmark in blockbuster trade with Bruins

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
wop-wop-wop-wop-wop-kendrick-lamar.gif

Canada

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
stop it lmao, it’s incredibly rare this happens. how many times has it even happened? Mcdavid prob didn’t even want that trophy
You sound like a bozo. :skip:

First off, it's postseason MVP. McDavid had 42 points; Florida's top point getter had 22.

Second, even if it was just for the Final, it'd still be him. Bob was pretty mid and Florida's top guy had 7 points to McDavid's 11. McDavid was clearly the best player in the series and single handedly kept Edmonton in it.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Stanley Cup Parade gonna be held at a retirement home. Yea, I'm salty
You mean the Everglades. :dead:

Their arena is legitimately across the street from the Everglades. 36 miles from the Miami Heat arena downtown. :skip:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You sound like a bozo. :skip:

First off, it's postseason MVP. McDavid had 42 points; Florida's top point getter had 22.

Second, even if it was just for the Final, it'd still be him. Bob was pretty mid and Florida's top guy had 7 points to McDavid's 11. McDavid was clearly the best player in the series and single handedly kept Edmonton in it.
Single handily is such a stupid thing to say in hockey. Again you guys sound clueless acting like this happens often. He’s the first non goalie to do this since the mid 70s. McDavid prob didn’t even want the award and didn’t even make his normal impact in games 6 & 7

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Single handily is such a stupid thing to say in hockey. Again you guys sound clueless acting like this happens often. He’s the first non goalie to do this since the mid 70s. McDavid prob didn’t even want the award and didn’t even make his normal impact in games 6 & 7
The fact it rarely happens should let you know how special he's been this postseason. How many games have you watched to be making these statements?

He broke Gretzky's assist record and the only two guys who have ever scored more points than him in one run are Gretzky and Lemieux.

But please, explain your authority on this for us. You sound like a First Take host.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The fact it rarely happens should let you know how special he's been this postseason. How many games have you watched to be making these statements?

He broke Gretzky's assist record and the only two guys who have ever scored more points than him in one run are Gretzky and Lemieux.

But please, explain your authority on this for us.
the assist record :rolleyes: 8 goals all playoffs

it wasn’t special enough to win it in a non winning effort imo. wtf else you want to discuss here? the only way I see it making sense is if a goalie absolutely stands on their heads throughout the playoffs. this wasn’t that. it felt forced and I thought it should be defaulted to Sergei. I don’t give a fukk much more to talk about this so miss me with the goofy “bozo” talk and keep it moving if you disagree

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
the assist record :rolleyes: 8 goals all playoffs

it wasn’t special enough to win it in a non winning effort imo. wtf else you want to discuss here? the only way I see it making sense is if a goalie absolutely stands on their heads throughout the playoffs. this wasn’t that. it felt forced and I thought it should be defaulted to Sergei. I don’t give a fukk much more to talk about this so miss me with the goofy “bozo” talk and keep it moving if you disagree
Just admit you barely watched and want to hot take it up in here like a First Take host. Noted, bozo. :skip: