The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darryl

Superstar
Daps
I'm not all in that conspiracy theory nonsense but let's keep it real. You just know that Adam silver will want nothing more than to see a Celtics Lakers finals if he can help it.. and I'll just leave it at that lol

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
EDIT: I'm just looking at that graphic at the bottom .... :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

Remember, they attack the basket like no other team in NBA HISTORY tho :ufdup:

No one has said the Lakers "attack the basket like no other team in NBA history". Their total free throw #'s aren't that high historically, it's about the same as the Wizards and Pelicans shot in 2021 or the Clippers and Rockets in 2020. Back in the 2000s, shooting just 26.6 free throws/game wouldn't make top-10 some years even though those teams played at a much slower pace, and in the early 1990s it wouldn't even be average. In fact, the 2023 Lakers shot fewer free throws than the 2007 Lakers, which were just Kobe, Lamar, and some scrubs.

The only reason the Lakers free throw # sticks out now is because

a) They're doing it while also avoiding fouls (which is what happens when you have players like AD, Bron, and Vandy who can play elite defense without fouling)
b) They're doing it in an era when other teams are shooting 40+ threes a game and don't have a single physical inside player who can draw fouls at a high rate.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Lakers play physical and drive alot as you said. But they shouldn't be shooting 30 FTs while GS shoots 6. You're handing them 15-30 points off that alone. Warriors get into rhythm hitting threes off transitions and fast breaks. If you have refs blowing the whistle every other play, you disrupt that, give LA free points, momentum and force Golden State to turn into a half court offense when they really prefer to push the pace.

If the Warriors want to push the pace and don't like disrupting the game, then they should stop fouling as an excuse for defense. :heh:

You're asking the officials to hold their whistle to help the Warriors' offense. That's an awful argument. Warriors nearly led the league by giving up 25.2 free throws a game, and that's against average-ass regular season teams. Now they're playing the squad that LED THE LEAGUE in free throw attempts, so why shouldn't that 25+ number bump up to something closer to 30?

You're basically saying the Lakers shouldn't get credit for going inside and drawing fouls, because the Warriors already fouled too much as is was and blowing the whistle when they start fouling even more disrupts the game.

Hawala Man

All Star
Daps
The winner of game 4 wins the series...this really reminds me of the Celtics finals series all over again where the Celtics had home court up 2-1 and Curry dropped 43 to tie the series 2-2. Then with series tied at 2-2 game 5 was the Andrew Wiggins game.

Just noticed whenever the Warriors have got blown last season in the Finals they usually bounced back strong (Game 1 and Game 3) If the Lakers want to win this series this is the game they need to strike first and come out with vengeance game 4.

If game 4 they send Scott Foster you already know what time it is...
:sas2:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS

I ain’t seen a unhinged fanbase like this in like forever :dead:

forgive them, their team is in the twilight of their peak. they are not too use to winning before Curry. I remember warriors fans in real lif a decade ago, very humble and grateful people for their team to still be in the league. this year is their last chance to win because their youngins are :trash: but light years though.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's been fukk LA for me on the low since the '04 finals. Seeing that tainted franchise get packed out like they did , despite the media train and bias did something for me as a fan of the league . It felt righteous:ohlawd:

I'm glad this poster admitted their bias so I didn't have to call them out.

This is all most of this is-- hate, jealously, and deep-seated envy couched in some fake righteousness about foul calls.

No analysis of the game, just "LaKeRS gEt aLL dA kALLs, mEn".

Which, of course makes zero sense when you think about the literal string of missed calls against the Lakers this year that almost had them miss the play-in entirely, let alone the playoffs. But I suppose it was all good then, huh? Pathetic

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
forgive them, their team is in the twilight of their peak. they are not too use to winning before Curry. I remember warriors fans in real lif a decade ago, very humble and grateful people for their team to still be in the league. this year is their last chance to win because their youngins are :trash: but light years though.

There's no reason they couldn't compete next year, or even the year after that if Curry stays healthy. They're definitely feeling their window closing though.

Next year they're going to break the salary record by a MILE, they're going to be damn near double the cap. If they can't win a title like that, they won't look "light years ahead" anymore. Klay is gonna want another bag in 2025, are they really gonna refuse him? They can't afford Draymond, but they also can't afford to lose him for nothing and have their defense go in the toilet, so what do they do? Are they not going to extend Curry in 2027, even if he's falling off? Imagine 2027 when they're still paying a max to Steph, Klay, Wiggins, and Poole plus having to decide whether to let Payton, Moody, Kuminga, and Looney get extended for more money or walk away for nothing....

Once this window is over, then unless they draft incredibly or beg for a sweetheart trade, they're gonna be mediocre for a long-ass time.

edit: I put that emotional-ass Warriors fan so much in his feelings that he's been going through the thread two days now angry-dapping every comment of mine, even the ones where I'm responding to someone who said it worse than I did.

Rent free. :bryan:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If game 4 they send Scott Foster you already know what time it is...
:sas2:

If they use Foster this early it'll prove they're shook and afraid of the series ending in 5. If they have any confidence in the Warriors taking care of business at home, they'll wait until Game 6 to play that hand.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Warriors fans? 🤣 brodie these negroes ain't no different than the "Bron Stans who follow Bron from team to team" that their Stanbase whines about. I'd be really interested in how two 35+ (Big Money over 40) cats from New York became Warriors fans------>if I didn't already know how. They Steph Stans. And it's fine because most heads have a favorite player or two they'll ride with regardless of the team they are on...

The Warriors been garbage their entire lives until the Warriors dynasty. These nikkas ain't no organic Dub fans. Their loyalty to The Dubs is fueled by their loyalty to Steph, and again, it happens. Ain't no one upset about that. These nikkas ain't born and bred fans of a basketball team based in the San Francisco Bay Area that has been ass the majority of their lives...

At least @King Eros is from The Bay, I think he from somewhere offbrand like Antioch or something though 😆. And brothers like @rbksNgirbauds and even the white homie @BucciMane , they don't try to masquerade as straight up Warrior fans, they are pretty clear with the fact they are Steph guys. And a few more like them too, but Big Money and Gil, these dudes are lost on the sauce...

You know these nikkas not "Warrior fans" :comeon: 😂
Nikka wasnt u in the Kings/Warriors thread talking about “we” and now you in here rocking w the Lakers :mjtf:

This nikka has more teams than D12 :heh:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps

We got warriors fans unraveling yet they ain’t got no smoke for the nikka podcasting during a fukking playoffs series :dead:

I been told that nikka to chill on the pod during the offs
belly-rico.gif