The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
As an unbiased watcher who doesn’t care….LA having nearly 40 free throws while GS has half of that is ridiculous. LA fans would be tight if that was reversed. Hopefully GS gets 30 FT shots one game while LA gets 9 FT shots so they can see how it feels.
We're in the no spin zone and you are doing a lot of spinning here

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I used to be an ardent LeBron hater. Then I realized I don’t really hate him. I hate his stans. Y’all really are the worst. If we could obliterate his stans from the Earth, I’d be fine with LeBron getting #5 :ehh:

Do you have more smoke for maga cacs or LeBron stans 🤔🤔🤔

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The idea that the league would side against one of their most popular teams with the biggest fanbase and most marketable star is hilarious. The fans don't even think this shyt through.

It's been five years since Bron averaged more than 6.0 ft/game in any season, and 12 years since he averaged more than 7.7 ft/game, despite the fact that he lives in the lane and is hit as much as anyone in the league. Steph averages almost the same free throws as Bron the last four years despite not drawing contract at a fraction of the rate.

Why do y'all think you can just make shyt up and expect everyone will believe it?

If you're the shorter, jump-shooting team that doesn't drive and has to rely on reaching because no one on the team can get a clean block, and you still get the same # of free throws as the big attacking team that shot fewer threes, you damn well better win. :skip:

It's like saying, "Barry Bonds was only good cause they wouldn't call strikes on him. If they had given him as many strikeouts as they gave walks, his stats would have been much worse."

These low-info narratives are dumb as shyt. If you don't take into account how both teams are playing, then just focusing on # of free throws with zero context is meaningless.

THIS.

The Warriors averaged 5 fewer free throws than their opponents all season long, and that's with half the league being lottery teams. Now they're facing an elite team that excels in going inside and drawing fouls. That team knows the Warriors' weakness and are purposely going into the paint and forcing them to foul, and they're surprised what is happening?

All season long, the Warriors have proven they don't have any scorers who can draw fouls. All season long, the Warriors have proven they can't play defense without fouling. Now a team is taking advantage of that and their only counter is to complain like crazy and hope the refs give them the benefit of the doubt.

lol at the whiny Warriors fan running through angry-dapping all these old comments after they've already gotten 15-20 daps each. You lost this argument bub.

Lakers were 1st in free throws this season while the Warriors were last. Lakers were 1st in keeping opponents off the line while the Warriors were 6th from last. Y'all are the WORST team in the league at free throw margin because you shoot 40-50 threes a game and have a bunch of finesse players who can't challenge bigs inside or stop anyone without fouling, but then you have the gall to bytch about calls that were never there?

Take some anxiety meds and enjoy basketball. I'm out for the rest of the playoffs. Embarrassing you and your fellow unhinged stans only to watch you do nothing but lie and deflect in response is fun, but it's less fun than watching basketball.

Which lie are you going to regurgitate this time?

Last edited:

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
I think a better question would be, if you've watched Games 1, 2 and 3, what do you believe was the most evenly-officiated game?

The majority of non-fans of either team would agree it's comfortably Game 2.

To that point about the calls favoring LA during the regular season and then it needing to be reflected in the playoffs, that doesn't necessarily mean that LA actually deserves to have those calls in their favor, that's just how they've been officiated. I mean, we all saw the noise around Reaves and how he was getting a superstar whistle during the latter part of the season, and it being quite the anomaly. If he wasn't white and was instead drafted to a team like the Hornets, do you think he'd be getting the same whistle?

The Lakers' getting a favorable whistle has been a [controversial] topic of discussion well before this series began, so it's not like folks haven't already commented on the nature of it.

You watched Game 3, right? You weren't alarmed at the calls/non-calls in the first half?

I mean, when you have fans of other teams running in here posting about it, surely it raises alarm bells.

Lol right. It was bull in the regular season too, I don't know why they keep throwing that out there like that makes their point more credible or something :mjlol:

No, fools, it just means the annual home cooking for the Lakers when they have a competent team began early. This is nothing new. Idk why Laker fans acting brand new with these accusations their getting so offended by, this is decades of this shyt. Calling other fanbases spoiled and crybabies, are you fukkin kidding me. Laker fans?! What?! We dead ass had a commissioner who reigned for 30 years that was on record "joking" about wanting an LA vs LA finals if he could help it :pachaha:

BUT, as OBJECTIVELY bent as the officiating was in that damn first half of G3, I still can't nor won't put that loss on the officials. The Lakers are playing good defense, they are pressuring shots, deterring shots at the rim, active hands forcing deflections, the whole nine. I can't in good faith discredit the effort and focus they played with the other day, in juxtaposition with the lack of effort and focus GS played with , and just put that on the officials. Yeah it mucked the game up, but it was still a game.

It's cool tho, by tonight's end, these fools will be back in here on ADs neck. Moaning and groaning about why he can't do everything on offense and defense, every game :damn:

EDIT: I'm just looking at that graphic at the bottom .... :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

Remember, they attack the basket like no other team in NBA HISTORY tho :ufdup:

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
It's been fukk LA for me on the low since the '04 finals. Seeing that tainted franchise get packed out like they did , despite the media train and bias did something for me as a fan of the league . It felt righteous:ohlawd:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the difference between AD and Bron shooting jumpers and floater/runners and them going to the rack with intent to SCORE.

Lakers ain't draw no fouls in GM2 because Bron's shot was hot and AD literally would not go into the paint...Shroder (or whatever the fukk his name is) still drew fouls at his typical rate. AD is the key. If he is attacking anyone but Dray, you guys WILL foul. Too small, too weak, and too slow :manny:.

Lakers play physical and drive alot as you said. But they shouldn't be shooting 30 FTs while GS shoots 6. You're handing them 15-30 points off that alone. Warriors get into rhythm hitting threes off transitions and fast breaks. If you have refs blowing the whistle every other play, you disrupt that, give LA free points, momentum and force Golden State to turn into a half court offense when they really prefer to push the pace.

People pretending not to get it reminds of Chiefs fans saying a slippery untested field had no effect on the game when unlike them the core strength of our defense was dependent on a 4 man rush that all of sudden couldn't run :troll:

We'll see how the games are called going forward :manny: