The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
That bytch STILL negs me because I won't reply to her :mjlol:

She def got separation anxiety like all hoes that had my dikk in they mouth :wow:

I thought Jill Scott Heroine was only on my nuts, turns out, she a post 40 thot looking for someone, anyone to settle with :picard:
This go for ANYBODY:

If @Gil Scott-Heroin negs you, tag me.

I'm giving 10+ rep to offset his hoe tendencies.
At least when I expose @CantStop for lying on my name he doesn't run and hide and put me on ignore, and then still has the nerve to keep talking about me like a groupie.

I can't say the same for you.

You going around offering to suck dikk because of the trauma I put you through.

:picard:

Daps
Yeah, it's only been one game, but the Lakers just took home court advantage from Golden State, and they struggle to win road games. They now have to win three games on the Lakers' floor to win this series.

They just got three players to hit six threes each AND LeBron had a sub-optimal performance and STILL lost at home.

The Warriors are in trouble :manny:
GS just literally won two games on the road, in a row. They won just as many road games as they did at home in the 1st round.

You Casuals just keep on exposing yourselves.
He did that going against the DPOTY in Memphis, along with Tillman who is a good defender and fast enough to stay in front of him... Who is stopping AD on this roster?

Looney is too slow and Draymond is too small and would get in foul trouble
That 14-0 run they had in the 4th quarter of Game 1 was Dray at the 5. He took AD out of the game.

And these have already been posted -

I'm convinced some of y'all cats don't even watch hoops. Dray's been one of the the most successful defenders on AD.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Alright thats one

Can’t get cocky. Can’t rest on their laurels. Can’t take a quarter off

If i’m Darvin Ham, AD, and Lebron; i’m taking EVERY game as a must win. The Lakers entire mindset needs to be to sweep this series and get these muthafukkas outta here as swiftly as humanly possible.

You do NOT want to give Curry or Thompson any wiggle room whatsoever. People keep saying Thompson is washed, ya’ll are underestimating a shooter’s ability to have that ONE night that changes a series around.

Davis is phenomenal. The team goes as far as he goes for the rest of the playoffs. THIS is the true passing of the torch moment because for the first time, its obvious that time has taken its toll on the legendary Lebron James. Going for that scoring record this season took something out of him that I don’t think he’s going to get back. He’ll be consistent but I think he’s transferring into his “2001 Era Karl Malone” phase, still great but no longer the difference maker.

Nobody should want to extend this playoff more than Austin Reaves. The deeper they go the longer the zeroes get on the contract he signs this summer

Exactly. Game 2 is a must-win for LakeSet. Going 2-0 and forcing the Warriors to go to the Staple Center will break their confidence in ways they can't fathom. Don't ever let go of the gas pedal.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
GS just literally won two games on the road, in a row. They won just as many road games as they did at home in the 1st round.

You Casuals just keep on exposing yourselves.

That 14-0 run they had in the 4th quarter of Game 1 was Dray at the 5. He took AD out of the game.

And these have already been posted -

I'm convinced some of y'all cats don't even watch hoops. Dray's been one of the the most successful defenders on AD.

This version of AD, and having Bron/DLO as his PNR partner are not the same as those examples posted which were Pelicans AD.

They went on their run after AD and Bron basically didn't take a break nearly the entire 2nd half. It was mostly them missing some great bunnies at the rim. they got what they wanted, just didn't convert

I'm convinced you don't actually know anything about basketball or didn't watch the game

Daps
This version of AD, and having Bron/DLO as his PNR partner are not the same as those examples posted which were Pelicans AD.
You really need to stop embarrassing yourself like this.

I just literally posted a compilation clip of Dray defending AD when he was on the Lakers, even if your dumbass didn't actually watch the videos, surely you could've seen in the thumbnail "Draymond Green's Defense vs. Lakers", which was during a game where Bron was his "PNR partner". Furthermore, Pelicans AD was arguably the best big man in the league, and during that season which that other clip is from he had arguably his career-best year.

Two clips:

One from Dray guarding him during his best-year as a Pelican
One from Dray guarding him as a Laker.

The 2023 version of AD isn't his best version, offensively.
They went on their run after AD and Bron basically didn't take a break nearly the entire 2nd half. It was mostly them missing some great bunnies at the rim. they got what they wanted, just didn't convert.
Except AD didn't get what he wanted against Dray during the 4th quarter. Dray completely shut him down and forced him into tough shots.

How are you gonna bullshyt multiple times in this post and act like you won't be pulled up on it?

Here's another possession where Dray makes a game-winning steal on AD defending him on an island -

Just admit that you're unaware of how well Dray has defended him throughout his career. No need to front in front of folks.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
They were making steph actually have to take the ball the length of the court…then have to run a pick n roll action just to get a good shot off. That’s horrible for him in the long run…he doesn’t play like that.

That’s some exquisite defense by
Vando….

You mean Steph struggles to bring the ball up and set up the offense like a True point guard? :dwillhuh:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The next test for the Lakers will be countering the Warriors inevitable adjustment attacking the paint more, in hopes of getting AD in foul trouble. And this is where LeBron is gonna have to elevate for the squad; he's a smart player so I'm sure he already knows this...

If AD gets into foul trouble or the Warriors are able to draw him away from the rim, the Lakers are losing about half their strength in the paint, which is a massive subtraction. LeBron, Vando, and Gabriel all provide resistance at the basket, that trio is stronger than the Warriors as a team, but that trio at best is equal to AD and honestly probably slightly lesser, because Vando's real value in this series will be in how he defends the perimeter and LeBron at this age, while he's been magnificent on D thru 8 postseason games, he's not the singular strength he once was...

So if the Warriors succeed in putting AD in foul trouble or bringing him away from the basket that means the Warriors are scoring more inside. The Lakers have to effectively be able to counter this, because San Francisco still gonna get those 3s up and go on these 3-point assaults...

There are multiple ways the Lakers can counter this but the most pertinent way is for all the other Lakers to be able to consistently hit their shots. This starts with LeBron scoring at both a more efficient rate, and a higher volume, than he's shown so far in the '23 playoffs. But it also includes the other Lakers doing the same...

To be sure, I'm confident they can do this, because we've seen them do this. We've had big games from Rui, Reaves, D'Lo, and Schroder. Other rotation guys like Gabriel and Brown gonna have to hit their shots. They can do this but they have to be prepared for the Warriors strategy of playing AD off the floor...

This is why I said early, and remain convinced, that LeBron is ultimately the key to LA winning this series. He's gonna have to have a throwback moment. He showed in G4 vs Memphis he can still impose his will and take over, but vs SF its gonna take an even greater effort than that, and we haven't seen Throwback LeBron yet. So we don't know if he actually has that gear anymore...

I believe he does, I think it's still in there somewhere if he absolutely needs to pull him out. But it's that monumental effort SF gonna force out of him at least once this series, and Bron gonna need to be able to meet the demand because if he can't it could mean the difference between LA advancing or going home...

Hawala Man

All Star
Daps
There is a pattern and trend where Lakers pack it in for game 2s and let opposing teams win game 2 easily. If the Warriors get AD into foul trouble or send the double or switch to a zone it's up to the role players to hit open 3s. You already know Kerr is going to counter with adjustments to contain AD. The Lakers can't allow game 2 to get away and turn into a blow out 3rd quarter when Warriors come out firing usually.

The midrange will be there for Curry all game expect him to use that arsenal in his shooting. Game 2 might be a snooze fest.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
wouw5esvglxa1.png

:mjlol:
fukking internet nikkas

:dead: