The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
They benched Draymond last series. He was coming off the bench
Dray came off the bench after his suspension purely because he wanted to earn back the trust of the team, and because they won Game 3. It was self-imposed. They abandoned that shyt and started him in Game 7 where he played 38 minutes and shut down the Kings offense in the 4th.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Denver was a completely different team then and had Paul milsap, Plumlee, Barton, and Gary Harris playing heavy minutes. The physicality of that series did through Jokic off but that was before he won his MVP’s. Denver is deeper they have more length and athleticism. Jokic’s game is at a completely different level and the constant contributions for all the different players is going to be too much for the lakers
Jokic is the same player (that’s not a diss). The idea is not to shut him down, but to have someone other than AD guard him. Right now other than AD that’d be Bron, Rui, or Wenyen Gabriel. Toast. They’d just need another big body so it’s not always AD

As far as the nuggets depth the lakers are every bit as deep. That’s their strength now. The nuggets are the 1 team where LA can win and not need lebron to be a co-superstar. Vs GS, Phoenix, or Boston you’d need him at 25+ for the series. For Denver tho since they’re not star heavy I could see LA winning with AD matching Jokic at ~27 a game, bron only needs around 22/23, then D lo, Reaves, Schroeder, and Rui all contributing

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
If the Lakers win this series they arent gonna sleep walk thru Denver....
In fact I think Warriors is a better matchup for Denver than the Lakers but of course I'd love to see Lakers in the finals

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
If AD can keep up that level of performance and stay healthy I'll take back my criticism of him but I can't see it.

He already looked completely gassed in the second half and Ham will just run him into the ground because he isn't a good enough coach to figure out other ways to win.

But I've been calling AD getting injured all playoffs and he is still standing so maybe he'll do the impossible.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don’t disagree, but the answer certainly isn’t giving bumsley more minutes. shyt, in a way I can even understand TBJ getting burn because in terms of matchup he’s more useful. Only other guy we got is Lonnie and he’s rustier than a beat down Studebaker.

Thing about Troy is that he's actually a decent defender in certain situations and due to his length :dame: he can bother shots and rebound.

He's also seemingly the BETTER shooter compared to Beasley, who, on paper, should be the better shooter, but Troy is far more consistent when he gets to shoot. Malik's misses are ALL strong, hitting the back of the rim, and he almost always shoots it strong. I've been thinking he needs to take about two steps back from the line and his shots would be CASH.

Pay attention to his shooting next game he's in. You can literally call his misses and makes depending on how strong it comes off his hands. It's uncanny.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
Jokic is the same player (that’s not a diss). The idea is not to shut him down, but to have someone other than AD guard him. Right now other than AD that’d be Bron, Rui, or Wenyen Gabriel. Toast. They’d just need another big body so it’s not always AD

As far as the nuggets depth the lakers are every bit as deep. That’s their strength now. The nuggets are the 1 team where LA can win and not need lebron to be a co-superstar. Vs GS, Phoenix, or Boston you’d need him at 25+ for the series. For Denver tho since they’re not star heavy I could see LA winning with AD matching Jokic at ~27 a game, bron only needs around 22/23, then D lo, Reaves, Schroeder, and Rui all contributing
Jokic isn’t the same player, he is more physical than he was during the bubble and is a much better defender. AD is the only person capable of guarding Jokic one on one and if you think Lebron will not need to be a co-superstar you are sorely mistaking. The lakers are not as deep as the nuggets and have benefitted from playing a teams where there is always two players that are offensively challenged that will not happen on the nuggets.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Obvious you didnt because Dray said Poole/that play wasnt the reason they lost the game, he personally took blame for putting them in that position.

nikka commenting on shyt and not watching/reading :scust:
Yea no shyt, he was. You think I need Draymond to tell me that :gucci:

I see why he has a following he thrives off nggas that need the game explained to them :scust:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

This here is the problem. And why would you not need Bron to match AD's output when Murray does so for Jokic and the Nuggets while MPJ and Gordon are capable of 20?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Jokic isn’t the same player, he is more physical than he was during the bubble and is a much better defender. AD is the only person capable of guarding Jokic one on one and if you think Lebron will not need to be a co-superstar you are sorely mistaking. The lakers are not as deep as the nuggets and have benefitted from playing a teams where there is always two players that are offensively challenged that will not happen on the nuggets.
So does Denver need Jamal Murray to be a superstar to win? If not (they don’t), you’re contradicting yourself.

Jokic -AD
Bron- Murray
MPJ- D Lo
Gordon- Reaves
KCP, B. Brown, Braun/Green- Schroeder, Rui, Vando, Beasley/Troy

Where you seeing Denver is much deeper than Denver?!? Not to mention neither team is going past 9, and really it’ll be 8